James Vincent (3)
No votes

Total votes: 48

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Player of the Season 2012-13 - Josh Gowling

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:27 pm

It's here again peeps. The end of the season vote for your Player of the Season 2012-13.

All of the MotM winners are listed along with the amount of times they've won in brackets. I'll update those as each remaining game polls end.

The poll will run for 20 days to take into account the play-offs (but hopefully not).

Get voting and if you want to give a reason why you voted for your choice then please do.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Player of the Season 2012-13 - Vote now please

Post by redandwhitemike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 pm

I can't split Josh Gowling & Che Dunkley.

So I will wait until after the Stockport game and if one of them happens to score the goal that gets Harriers promoted - which ever it happens to be will get my vote.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

indecision
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by indecision » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Agreed. Definitely got to go to either Gowling and Dunkley.

I voted Dunkley purely for the fact that Gowling has given away more penalties this season.

MDJB
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by MDJB » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Voted Chey over Gowling purely because Gowling's picked up a few needless yellows & penalties. It's splitting hairs though. What a partnership! Dunks is learning from the master so to speak.

Richard Cranium
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Richard Cranium » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

indecision wrote:Agreed. Definitely got to go to either Gowling and Dunkley.

I voted Dunkley purely for the fact that Gowling has given away more penalties this season.

I voted Dunkley for the progression I've seen from him, coming from a low level.
These votes have to be relative; I hate seeing things like Manager Of The Season going to an early promotion-favourite who gets promoted rather than an early relegation-favourite who finish mid-table/just outside play-offs, for example.

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Our defence has been the key to this seasons success. I've voted Josh as although you can't split him and Chey I think his early performances were key to starting the amazing run we've been on.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 pm

I went for Josh as he galvanized the defense.

Chey has been outstanding too - my MOM for Wrexham and does not look like he has come from a lower league.

We are lucky to have them both.

Has the player of the season ever been split between only 2 players before?

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Lewis, Vaughn, Demi, Storer, vincent, malbs.... have all not received a vote so far.

That's because we have the most promising squad for many a year. I voted for chey purely because he hasn't given away as many penalties or yellow cards. Add to the fact he has made a massive leap up in terms of standard and will most probably be playing league 2 football next season - with or without kiddy.

Pie in the Sky
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Pie in the Sky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am

We have a great squad, but the centre back partnership is the main reason we turned it around IMO, so it had to be one of them. If it wasn't for his mid-season lull Malbon would be in the conversation. Ditto Lewis if it weren't for his brief spell on the bench.

Repeating some of what other people have said but these are my reasons for voting for Dunkley:

As I type Gowling is a few votes ahead. Between the two of them I think it was always likely that Gowling would get it (he'll get the club one too I expect)... because his qualities are more "obvious" and so that helps him garner more votes from people who aren't sure who to vote for. But CD is the better all-round player. He's more vocal, and a better tackler. He organises the defence even though he's younger. He has also been directly at fault for precisely 0 goals as far as I can recall, whereas Gowling has given away 3 (or 4?) penalties and been at fault for a couple of other goals too.

Don't get me wrong, I won't complain if JG wins! But Dunkley has been more impressive, and he's only going to get better.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:11 am

Dunkley errors for goals - agreed not many, but the misdirected header in the first half against Woking which led to a soft penalty is the most recent - it looked easier to head the ball out for a throw - perhaps blame the wind :oops2:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Pie in the Sky
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Pie in the Sky » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:39 am

redandwhitemike wrote:Dunkley errors for goals - agreed not many, but the misdirected header in the first half against Woking which led to a soft penalty is the most recent - it looked easier to head the ball out for a throw - perhaps blame the wind :oops2:
Maybe I have dunk-tinted spectacles, but I can't remember this. The only think I remember about that goal, or that I think I remember about that goal, was Demetriou needlessly tripping the fellow? I imagine that if MD had got out of the way, SuperChe would have dealt with matters quietly and efficiently :grin:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Gowling gets my vote just over Dunkley. If I remember correctly some people on her were refering to Chey as Donkley pre-season. :oops2:

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Pie in the Sky wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:Dunkley errors for goals - agreed not many, but the misdirected header in the first half against Woking which led to a soft penalty is the most recent - it looked easier to head the ball out for a throw - perhaps blame the wind :oops2:
Maybe I have dunk-tinted spectacles, but I can't remember this. The only think I remember about that goal, or that I think I remember about that goal, was Demetriou needlessly tripping the fellow? I imagine that if MD had got out of the way, SuperChe would have dealt with matters quietly and efficiently :grin:
Dunkley did play a poor header which lead the striker to be fouled inside the box. Definite foul, and probably shouldn't of made the tackle. But it all came about from dunkleys poor back pass. Says measures that we are finding such small faults when we've played 45 games!

Bella
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Bella » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree with you all Gowling and Dunkley have been an outstanding defending duo and together with Vaughany who can complain. Thhis season we have had a brilliant squad with many individual outstanding performances. My vote has to go to Danny Lewis who i think has had a remarkable season. Yes he has made a few mistakes but so has everyone in their time. He has kept us in the game on several occassions and is giving the defence a hard time when needed. :scarf: :flag: :player: To be honest this season there has been so many excellent peformances you could name them all really and rightly deserved. Shame you can not vote for the whole team as it is always a team effort. Well done to all the players one and all, you are the PRIDE of Kidderminster.
Last edited by Bella on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsorharrier
1st team
1st team

Post by windsorharrier » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 pm

It's close but I've gone with Chey...another player written off before he kicked a ball I seem to remember.

I think it would be interesting to find the average league position of where players came from in the current squad. I reckon it might be around bottom half off BBS/N. Only Jackman came from a league above I believe?
the conference's finest