James Vincent (3)
No votes

Total votes: 48

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Player of the Season 2012-13 - Vote now please

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 pm

windsorharrier wrote:It's close but I've gone with Chey...another player written off before he kicked a ball I seem to remember.

I think it would be interesting to find the average league position of where players came from in the current squad. I reckon it might be around bottom half off BBS/N. Only Jackman came from a league above I believe?
Vincent came from stockport too.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 pm

My first view of Che Dunkley, was in the WSC when he played at R/B alongside Austin & Big Ex - he didn't look fit and he did seem to struggle with his role in that position, but bearing in mind he was stepping up several levels and he needed time to adjust, I think he is the most improved player at the club - is there an award for that??

Hednesford are laughing all the way to the bank as they will get a nice pay off when he's sold and if Kiddy get promoted.

Could see him at Wolves in the near future .............................................another big fee??
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:52 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:My first view of Che Dunkley, was in the WSC when he played at R/B alongside Austin & Big Ex - he didn't look fit and he did seem to struggle with his role in that position, but bearing in mind he was stepping up several levels and he needed time to adjust, I think he is the most improved player at the club - is there an award for that??

Hednesford are laughing all the way to the bank as they will get a nice pay off when he's sold and if Kiddy get promoted.

Could see him at Wolves in the near future .............................................another big fee??
Any of the players we sell need a massive sell on clause, we have real potential in this squad.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

See my post

Che already has a massive sell on clause as part of the tribunal agreement with Hednesford - can you have two :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:See my post

Che already has a massive sell on clause as part of the tribunal agreement with Hednesford - can you have two :lol:
Well i'm sure if he left, we could go to a tribunal and get a sell-on clause too?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm sure if (when) Che leaves he will go to a much higher level and command a big fee - don't think a tribunal will be needed :lol:

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:57 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:I'm sure if (when) Che leaves he will go to a much higher level and command a big fee - don't think a tribunal will be needed :lol:
Is he out of contract the end of next year then? I must have missed something, i thought it was the end of this year. I can seriously see him leaving to a big club come the summer either way.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Steve Burr will be keen to sign Dunks on a longer contract as soon as the future for Harriers is determined.

I did hear that there were clubs (League 1) sniffing round in January trying to poach Che on the cheap, then Kiddy sold Jamma and the need to sell Che disappeared :cool:

EDIT The whole of the defence is contracted for next season as I understand.

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Voted for Josh very close between him and Che with MIcky D close 3rd best back 4 and keeper outside the FL not for long please god !!

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I have voted for Josh Gowling as it was his arrival that turned our season around. I also believe he has helped Dunkley become the player he is - and between them they are a formidable partnershgip who have undoubtedly formed the basis for our amazing season.

For me the running order is 1. Gowling 2. Dunkley 3. Lewis 4. Malbon. But it has to go to someone in the back five.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:07 pm

I thought RAWM was waiting until after Saturday's game to vote but Gittings has already had someone vote for him......?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:40 pm

That would be his brother - in - law, perhaps :oops2:

Certainly not moi :lol:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm

After much deliberation - it was a hard decision (but Che Dunkley did score against Stockport) so he gets my vote.

Josh Gowling was a very close second and Vaughany & Mickey D tied for third.

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:20 pm

It has to be Josh , club was in free fall before he joined .
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

IMPORTANT - Player of the Season 2012-13 - VOTE AGAIN PLEASE

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 pm

I've just noticed that all the results so far on this poll seem to have vanished. One person seems to have voted since it happened and I wish they had mentioned it at the time.

I don't know when or how it has happened but it looks like we're back to square one with it. I think it was obvious that Chey and Josh were well out in front but without it showing on here it's now worthless.

If I extend the poll by another week would it be possible for everyone to vote again and try and make it a little more respectable and also save me from embarrassment.