redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 16-08-14 Dartford (H)

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:56 am

DonutUK wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Hartleburyharrier wrote:
DonutUK wrote:I doubt very much any S-Club 7 is played.......i've never heard any.

I think the stadium announcer does a fantastic job, for free by the way, so perhaps cut them some slack?

I'm not so sure about that, he needs to slow down a bit, he gets a bit tongue-tied, but if he's free.........................hey !
I agree, his delivery is not the best, free or not the fans still need to 'hear' whose car is blocking an exit :lol:

Apparently the announcer for Wooster is female and she is very good and crystal clear so maybe it's not the equipment any one confirm that??
She has a very monotone voice.......no passion, no excitement, no atmosphere!

Might as well be announcing train departures!
Yes, yes - but could you hear what she was saying and understand the message, which is surely the point of a P A system :wink:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
DonutUK wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Hartleburyharrier wrote:
DonutUK wrote:I doubt very much any S-Club 7 is played.......i've never heard any.

I think the stadium announcer does a fantastic job, for free by the way, so perhaps cut them some slack?

I'm not so sure about that, he needs to slow down a bit, he gets a bit tongue-tied, but if he's free.........................hey !
I agree, his delivery is not the best, free or not the fans still need to 'hear' whose car is blocking an exit :lol:

Apparently the announcer for Wooster is female and she is very good and crystal clear so maybe it's not the equipment any one confirm that??
She has a very monotone voice.......no passion, no excitement, no atmosphere!

Might as well be announcing train departures!
Yes, yes - but could you hear what she was saying and understand the message, which is surely the point of a P A system :wink:
But is it the sole point of a Stadium Announcer?

Surely part of the announcers role is inject some passion, excitement and try to build some atmosphere.......which Scott does pretty well.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 pm

I may be wrong about this, and hopefully I am, but didn't the Captain pass away a few months ago.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Well forget the announcer getting us excited. Just the prospect of another sound win for the boys in red against Dartford tomorrow should be sufficient to whet our appetites. The Prediction Leaguers are almost unanimous in going for a Harriers win (27), only 1 for the draw and nobody predicting a Dartford win.
Styche followed by Gashie are the leading candidates to score our first goal. Perhaps someone should let GW know as both are likely to be on the bench again for the majority of the match. Once more, let's hope for loadsa points being won when, finally, some of us get bag our first point(s) of the season. (Deadline for newcomers - 2.30pm tomorrow).

:red_army: :comeonharriers2: :red_army:
Last edited by Colgofray on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:50 pm

The PA guys do a great job and sacrifice a lot of time whereas they could just turn up and watch the team like anyone else. It's funny how many were moaning that the volume was too quiet and now more moans that it's too loud :lol: :roll:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 pm

pricey5 wrote:The PA guys do a great job and sacrifice a lot of time whereas they could just turn up and watch the team like anyone else. It's funny how many were moaning that the volume was too quiet and now more moans that it's too loud :lol: :roll:

My moan is I can't understand half of what he says - but I do know the ,,,,,,,,,"Lets make some noise " bit :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 pm

In the words of a famous rock personage- " Can we just have everything louder than everything else?"
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Hope we keep same side, maybe bring Gitto in for either jack or verma.

I think we will have another 3- o with bliss , dunk and Reid to score.

Attendance 2451
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 pm

garthrockett wrote:Is this an opportune time to launch a campaign to bring back Captain Crazy ?? :wall: :rolllaugh:
He's still about, I was talking to him at Areley Kings football club, back in May this year, still as daft as a brush ! Lol.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:12 am

Badger wrote:Hope we keep same side, maybe bring Gitto in for either jack or verma.

Attendance 2451

IMO, if you're going to chop and change midfield, then you bring in Gitto for Byrne not Verma. Verma's the most creative player we have in midfield, puts himself about and isn't afraid to put his foot in when needed. Sadly, Jack is nowhere near the player he was before his long lay-off through serious injury and goes missing during the game for long periods. I hope you're right with the score, but can't see there being anywhere near a gate of approaching 2,500 even though we desperately need the dosh through the turnstiles. Let's hope they bring more than the 14 who travelled up last season, although it was a midweek game in poor conditions just before the Sunderland match. Reading their forum - they fancy turning us over today (again!).

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:02 am

Colgofray wrote:
Badger wrote:Hope we keep same side, maybe bring Gitto in for either jack or verma.

Attendance 2451

IMO, if you're going to chop and change midfield, then you bring in Gitto for Byrne not Verma. Verma's the most creative player we have in midfield, puts himself about and isn't afraid to put his foot in when needed. Sadly, Jack is nowhere near the player he was before his long lay-off through serious injury and goes missing during the game for long periods. I hope you're right with the score, but can't see there being anywhere near a gate of approaching 2,500 even though we desperately need the dosh through the turnstiles. Let's hope they bring more than the 14 who travelled up last season, although it was a midweek game in poor conditions just before the Sunderland match. Reading their forum - they fancy turning us over today (again!).

My your up earlier than me :lol:

I agree regarding the midfield, I think those that are knocking Arman Verma, perhaps should remember who he has to play with !!
Who ever it was who described Harriers as a "Shit Sandwich" team got it just about right!! Of course the money ran out sooner than expected for GW - he may well have lined up the midfield 'genius' that we needed - instead he goes with what he's got, which may incidentally explain the more direct approach and the use of Big Bliss up front - I agree with regards to JB - and I think although he is a favourite with GW, that his vulnerability to injury will limit his game time - I can see this season being his last with Harriers - as he is definately not the same player of three seasons ago. I would like to see Green given a run out in midfield at some point, he looked OK pre season.

But as long as Harriers are winning I don't see GW making any significant changes.

Team for me will be

Lewis
Hodgkiss, Dunkley, Gowling (c) Nicholson
Storer, Byrne Verma, Johnson.
Blissett, Reid

SUBS

Singh, Gittings, Gash, Styche, Grimes.

As for the attendance, I think a fraction over 2000, - anything above that at this time of the season (Hols) would be excellent!!

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:52 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
Colgofray wrote:

Attendance 2451

My your up earlier than me :lol:

I agree regarding the midfield, I think those that are knocking Arman Verma, perhaps should remember who he has to play with !!
Who ever it was who described Harriers as a "Shit Sandwich" team got it just about right!! Of course the money ran out sooner than expected for GW - he may well have lined up the midfield 'genius' that we needed - instead he goes with what he's got, which may incidentally explain the more direct approach and the use of Big Bliss up front - I agree with regards to JB - and I think although he is a favourite with GW, that his vulnerability to injury will limit his game time - I can see this season being his last with Harriers - as he is definately not the same player of three seasons ago. I would like to see Green given a run out in midfield at some point, he looked OK pre season.

But as long as Harriers are winning I don't see GW making any significant changes.

Team for me will be

Lewis
Hodgkiss, Dunkley, Gowling (c) Nicholson
Storer, Byrne Verma, Johnson.
Blissett, Reid

SUBS

Singh, Gittings, Gash, Styche, Grimes.

As for the attendance, I think a fraction over 2000, - anything above that at this time of the season (Hols) would be excellent!!
Yes, I was up early this morning Mike :grin: . I agree with virtually everything you've added here, but personally think it's time to start with Gash today (but I don't think GW will. :sad:

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:17 am

Say what you like about football not working like this, but we should really beat these quite easily today.

Majestic
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Majestic » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:30 am

No game is easy in this league. That remark could come back and bite you in the bum come 16:45 today! :oops:

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 am

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:sadly for me this Saturdays match against Dartford will be the first home match I've missed since 1988 due to me stupidly booking V festival tickets before the fixtures came out.
luckily/unluckily due to babysitting issues I couldn't go to V festival so my 26 year run of not missing a home game goes on.