Callum Gittings
No votes

Total votes: 28

mezzaKHFC
½ Million Man
½ Million Man

MotM: 16-08-14 Dartford (H) Verma

Post by mezzaKHFC » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 am

2 days away from Saturdays game against Dartford and no mention?

Anyway.. Who's going? Should we remain unchanged? Attendance?

Thoughts?

:red_army:

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 16-08-14 Dartford (H)

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:01 am

sadly for me this Saturdays match against Dartford will be the first home match I've missed since 1988 due to me stupidly booking V festival tickets before the fixtures came out.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 am

I'm back for this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Nepal was a little too hilly for me really, I forgot to take my oxygen :roll:

I did manage to listen in to H & W via satellite for the Alfreton game - sounded all too easy for Harriers. :red_army:

Saturday will be more difficult methinks, but our guys seem to be on a roll and have carried over their pre season form
into the season proper, and as long as we don't get complacent because it's 'just Dartford' we should do OK.

Not sure whether GW will want to tinker with the starting eleven too much - IF it ain't broke etc.............

Hopefully the good start to the season will add a few on the gate.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 pm

I will be there for this one - paying on the gate as I anticipated the current financial issues raising their ugly heads so a bit of additional cash not already included in the income stream.

Looking forward to an entertaining game and three points and if it is as good as the game against Alfreton I will be delighted.

Just one small point - could someone ask the guy in the booth to turn the volume down on the PA to the North Stand otherwise the Club will be sued for inflicting damage to folks hearing.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:I will be there for this one - paying on the gate as I anticipated the current financial issues raising their ugly heads so a bit of additional cash not already included in the income stream.

Looking forward to an entertaining game and three points and if it is as good as the game against Alfreton I will be delighted.

Just one small point - could someone ask the guy in the booth to turn the volume down on the PA to the North Stand otherwise the Club will be sued for inflicting damage to folks hearing.

On that very same point (The P A) I noticed it was fixed/repaired in the East Stand for the friendlies, but it was still very difficult to understand the 'utterings' of the pre match news, teams etc. yet listening on the internet commentary the goal announcements were crystal clear - now this begs the obvious question - is it the same guy doing the pre-amble and the 'in match' announcements (goals/subs & cars blocking entrances),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any one know??

Ta :red_army:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Not wishing to decry anyones efforts by any means but these days I've ample multi-media access to any information on matchday without having to sit in the East stand trying to catch what is being said and then have to tolerate S-Club 7 (or any similar popular beat combo) at a volume approaching warp factor 5.......:shock:

Now if it was Ted Nugent, AC-DC or Judas Priest, fair enough......... :wink:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

garthrockett wrote:Not wishing to decry anyones efforts by any means but these days I've ample multi-media access to any information on matchday without having to sit in the East stand trying to catch what is being said and then have to tolerate S-Club 7 (or any similar popular beat combo) at a volume approaching warp factor 5.......:shock:

Now if it was Ted Nugent, AC-DC or Judas Priest, fair enough......... :wink:
It is currently warp factor 11 in the North Stand and for me if it was Rory Gallagher or some Cook and Jones then that would be fine - maybe it is a ploy to fill the East Stand seats?

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

I doubt very much any S-Club 7 is played.......i've never heard any.

I think the stadium announcer does a fantastic job, for free by the way, so perhaps cut them some slack?

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm

DonutUK wrote:I doubt very much any S-Club 7 is played.......i've never heard any.

I think the stadium announcer does a fantastic job, for free by the way, so perhaps cut them some slack?

Just need the PA volume on the North Stand turned down a bit - that's all.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Not wishing to decry anyones efforts by any means......
Slack suitably cut? :roll:

sleepytopcat
Reserves
Reserves

Post by sleepytopcat » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Just need the PA volume on the North Stand turned down a bit - that's all.
and a bit more in the East Stand............ couldn`t have any conversation, or ear`ole on the scintillating tactical advice from behind us.

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 pm

DonutUK wrote:I doubt very much any S-Club 7 is played.......i've never heard any.

I'm not so sure about that, he needs to slow down a bit, he gets a bit tongue-tied, but if he's free.........................hey !

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 am

Hartleburyharrier wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, he needs to slow down a bit, he gets a bit tongue-tied, but if he's free.........................hey !
I agree, his delivery is not the best, free or not the fans still need to 'hear' whose car is blocking an exit :lol:

Apparently the announcer for Wooster is female and she is very good and crystal clear so maybe it's not the equipment any one confirm that??

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:08 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
Hartleburyharrier wrote:

I agree, his delivery is not the best, free or not the fans still need to 'hear' whose car is blocking an exit :lol:

Apparently the announcer for Wooster is female and she is very good and crystal clear so maybe it's not the equipment any one confirm that??
She has a very monotone voice.......no passion, no excitement, no atmosphere!

Might as well be announcing train departures!

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am

Is this an opportune time to launch a campaign to bring back Captain Crazy ?? :wall: :rolllaugh: