Reece Styche
No votes

Total votes: 27

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 16-09-14 Altrincham (H)

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 am

pb12345 wrote:Oh , and as for the few comments about Gash not bringing a lot..... whaaaaaat???

granted a bit rusty at times, but some of his passing was tremendous (I do say "some"). Not all the time granted. But come on, some credit surely.

Improvement with game time?
I thought Gashy looked ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Uninterested" :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

auspice
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by auspice » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Is that a euphimism for "unpaid" :lol: ?

Seriously I don't think there was any lack of effort or enthusiasm from Gash. He was a bit rusty and was getting more and more frustrated at getting no change from Alty's centre backs. His well-taken goal certainly put a smile back on his face, and he did start to hold the ball up better and find some decent passes after he scored.

It was noteworthy that we ended up playing with a lone striker (Styche) in the last 15 minutes against a knackered team of part-timers down to 10 men. I thought Gowling might have been subbed after his nasty-looking injury, Grimes moved back to his correct position and Obeng brought on to stretch their defence even more.

Also worth bearing in mind that since scoring his first goal of the season against Gateshead, Blissett has not made the starting X1. Not sure what that does for his confidence. Could have easily come on for Gash last night.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:21 pm

auspice wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Is that a euphimism for "unpaid" :lol: ?

Seriously I don't think there was any lack of effort or enthusiasm from Gash. He was a bit rusty and was getting more and more frustrated at getting no change from Alty's centre backs. His well-taken goal certainly put a smile back on his face, and he did start to hold the ball up better and find some decent passes after he scored.

It was noteworthy that we ended up playing with a lone striker (Styche) in the last 15 minutes against a knackered team of part-timers down to 10 men. I thought Gowling might have been subbed after his nasty-looking injury, Grimes moved back to his correct position and Obeng brought on to stretch their defence even more.

Also worth bearing in mind that since scoring his first goal of the season against Gateshead, Blissett has not made the starting X1. Not sure what that does for his confidence. Could have easily come on for Gash last night.
Auspice

"Uninterested",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would refer the honourable gentleman to the thread titled Michael Gash, Page 1 item 11 wherein a member of the opposition (to said person) describes the honourable member for the strike force as "Uninterested",,,,,,,,,,,,

needless to say I concur with my 'friend' and would refer him to my 'Scores on the Doors' comment with regards to said striker, on this very thread.

Taken from Hansards - only this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Auspice Blissett started against Braintree and was bad. Really bad. Thats why Whild finally relented and started Gash. We obviously have no idea how to play against 10 men as for the third game on the trot we played against 10 men and didnt look like we had a clue. To be honest at times it looked like we had 10 players.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Auspice Blissett started against Braintree and was bad. Really bad. Thats why Whild finally relented and started Gash. We obviously have no idea how to play against 10 men as for the third game on the trot we played against 10 men and didnt look like we had a clue. To be honest at times it looked like we had 10 players.
Especially when Gash was on the field!

:rolllaugh:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Donut I bet you cried when he scored last night. Remind me where are you heros Malbon and Rowe playing?

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Double :like:

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Donut I bet you cried when he scored last night. Remind me where are you heros Malbon and Rowe playing?
Nope.....

Gash still looks fat and uninterested.

Didn't do anything else of note for the rest of the game.......but at least you can bury your head in the sand a bit longer and pretend that he is the answer to all our problems.

Those of us blessed with eyesight, footballing knowledge, and the ability to actually face reality will continue to know that the sooner we offload an expensive liability the better.

Of course, i am hoping that by continuing in this vein he is going to prove me utterly wrong and go on to score 35+ goals this season......in which case i will be as delighted as the next man........however, i am not holding my breath.

Gezzie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Gezzie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Gash won the first five out of six headers that came his way.
He is also, when required, able to take the ball on his chest, shield it and pass.
His coming deep says something about the amount of service he gets from midfield.
The team looks more solid with him up front and the nonsense of him not playing should end.
Marvin is undoubtedly putting far more into his game. Perhaps this season is his genuine last chance, but how many crosses did he put into the night sky having displayed great skill beating one or two of the opposition.
That Grimes was the best of the trio in midfield fulfills the fears that most people had at the start of the season. We have an excellent defence. We have top Conference strickers and the hoofball that people talk of is a symptom of the weakness we have in the other third component of the team.
The ball hoofed up the pitch in French is "la balle anglaise", so perhaps it's an ingrained national trait and not the fault of the team or the management.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Gezzie wrote:Gash won the first five out of six headers that came his way.
He is also, when required, able to take the ball on his chest, shield it and pass.
His coming deep says something about the amount of service he gets from midfield.
The team looks more solid with him up front and the nonsense of him not playing should end.
Marvin is undoubtedly putting far more into his game. Perhaps this season is his genuine last chance, but how many crosses did he put into the night sky having displayed great skill beating one or two of the opposition.
That Grimes was the best of the trio in midfield fulfills the fears that most people had at the start of the season. We have an excellent defence. We have top Conference strickers and the hoofball that people talk of is a symptom of the weakness we have in the other third component of the team.
The ball hoofed up the pitch in French is "la balle anglaise", so perhaps it's an ingrained national trait and not the fault of the team or the management.
Whilst agreeing with just about everything you have written - indeed I could have written it !! :lol: I think we have to rein back the criticism of GW - simply (I hope) he would have brought in the necessary class player/s had it not been for the financial mess that club now finds itself in.

I think he is doing as well as he can with what he's got - I don't like watching this brand of football (??) but I do understand why it's being played.

Lets hope for a good cup run and then maybe in January the club can add a player or two,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :confused: :clap:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Mike, whilst I acknowledge that GW is hamstrung financially, it was still his decision to offer contracts to Verma and Blissett (not good enough) and Byrne (His legs are shot due to all of his injuries) when we were crying out for a creative midfielder. I think we can now see that what we all thought has come true.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Well, I thought Gash brought a lot to the party last night. He held the ball when played up to him and allowed others to get upfield instaed of it being nicked off Blissetts toes and us being on the defensive again.

Johnson looked good again - working harded in defence than he used to, and Reid again showed why he starts instead of Styche. He is more capable of creating for others and stays on his feet.

Green did well at the back except for one very early mistake when he broke forward to centre field, then lost the ball which allowed them to attack the space he left.

The first 30 mins was poor but once Grimes hit the post, we seemed to wake up.

Grimes works very hard and is quicker than you would expect but is not creative enough. He does get all over the park though. Alty seemed weak really but we must step up to beat Grimsby. Creativity is needed.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Well, I thought Gash brought a lot to the party last night. He held the ball when played up to him and allowed others to get upfield instaed of it being nicked off Blissetts toes and us being on the defensive again.

Johnson looked good again - working harded in defence than he used to, and Reid again showed why he starts instead of Styche. He is more capable of creating for others and stays on his feet.

Green did well at the back except for one very early mistake when he broke forward to centre field, then lost the ball which allowed them to attack the space he left.

Grimes works very hard and is quicker than you would expect but is not creative enough. He does get all over the park though. Alty seemed weak really but we must step up to beat Grimsby. Creativity is needed.

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but where do you think that is going to materialise from ? :roll:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:Well, I thought Gash brought a lot to the party last night. He held the ball when played up to him and allowed others to get upfield instaed of it being nicked off Blissetts toes and us being on the defensive again.

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but where do you think that is going to materialise from ? :roll:
Super Gitto! If fit

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 pm

pb12345 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

Super Gitto! If fit
Well nothing has been said about Gittings injury on the official site, or should I say nothings been said regarding the squad for a very long time - so we are in the dark regarding the fitness of Gitto or indeed Hodgkiss.

The lack of a contingency plan for a bod to learn the ropes and take over whilst Matt Wall was working his notice (a month ??) is nothing short of amateurish and a :finger: to the fans, and this from a club who has aspirations to become a League club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolllaugh: I think we can all roll up the quotes about 'ambition' and play offs and chuck em in the bin.

Cue response from reasoned voices :roll: