MotM: 11-10-14 Barnet (A) Blissett, Obeng

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:57 pm

More of the same please? :rage:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 11-10-14 Barnet (A)

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Sorry but I will sit this one out. I believe Lancaster will be going so no doubt I will get the regular mobile phone updates as to the passage of the game. He is clearly more resilient than me but I just cannot justify devoting a whole day + the best part of £50 just to return home miserable.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:42 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:Sorry but I will sit this one out. I believe Lancaster will be going so no doubt I will get the regular mobile phone updates as to the passage of the game. He is clearly more resilient than me but I just cannot justify devoting a whole day + the best part of £50 just to return home miserable.
Missed a bit of the end of that sentence, regardless of the result we'll still be bored.

Yes we won yesterday, but quite honestly, i was bored. Something i have never been at Harriers, even under some of the yatsey games.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am

Very pessimistic predictions being made for the Barnet game tomorrow. Only 3 reckon Harriers will win the game, 7 think it will be a draw, while16 have opted for a Barnet win. I daresay no real surprise here following our last two performances (not results) against lowly part-timers. Gash just edges the others as being our opening scorer.
Let's hope for a shock win from the boys rather than a shocking performance. I think everybody (for a change) would settle for us winning ugly in this game.
:comeonharriers2:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:07 am

This was the fixture last season where I think Burr was not in the dugout and Whild took charge of the game.

It is sort of where all this catastrophic period first became apparent so to be positive this is the ideal place to close that chapter and move on to better things. However, also being a realist (just an opinion) I have gone for a 0 - 0 draw as I cannot bring myself to predict a Harriers defeat (just too painful).

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:21 am

Fond memories of the old days at Barnet.....that god awful slope at Underhill, Barry Fry running the line every time they scored, and ticket-tout Stan Flashman, seemingly (with hindsight) the prototype for every current Conference Chairman. :grin:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

sbird27
Youth team
Youth team

Post by sbird27 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 am

Could well be a trip of struggle alothough i do have a sneaky feeling we may nick this one by the odd goal to nil. Although i do feel we have to change things Gowling back in for Grimes, Gittings and Obeng to start also and bring Blissett back in

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:44 pm

sbird27 wrote:Could well be a trip of struggle alothough i do have a sneaky feeling we may nick this one by the odd goal to nil. Although i do feel we have to change things Gowling back in for Grimes, Gittings and Obeng to start also and bring Blissett back in
If only GW would try something akin to the above.

But he seems totally oblivious to the issues/style of football and the utter dross his team is producing.

So my guess for Barnet his team will be :-

Lewis
Hodgkiss, Nicho, Gowling, Dunkley
Johnson, Grimes, Byrne, Storer.
Gash, Styche(or Reid)
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Outside Right
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Outside Right » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:07 pm

I think GW will change it for this fixture.Don't think he has been that wrong in fielding a settled side. Just think he should have changed it a few games ago. Its been more than obvious that the midfield hasnt been delivering. It s sort of naive to change for the league leaders, but that is the way it is. Should have changed weeks ago.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:36 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
sbird27 wrote:Could well be a trip of struggle alothough i do have a sneaky feeling we may nick this one by the odd goal to nil. Although i do feel we have to change things Gowling back in for Grimes, Gittings and Obeng to start also and bring Blissett back in

But he seems totally oblivious to the issues/style of football and the utter dross his team is producing.

Lewis
Gash, Styche(or Reid)
Just as Burr was oblivious to changing 4-3-3 eh? (tongue in cheek that one).

Have a big feeling in my water, about us getting something today. Apart from a water infection

:rolllaugh:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:07 am

pb12345 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

Lewis
Gash, Styche(or Reid)
Just as Burr was oblivious to changing 4-3-3 eh? (tongue in cheek that one).

Have a big feeling in my water, about us getting something today. Apart from a water infection

:rolllaugh:
Very true - top managers see something is not working and adapt their tactics and make changes.

That's why SB is managing Chester and we've got GW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :oops2:

IMO neither will progress any further (Conference) in their managerial lives.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Barnet have lost two narrowly at home (to Lincoln and Wrexham) and lost at Macc in midweek. They tend to go quite direct but have one or two good ball players, the Spaniard Luisma being one if he is fit. Akinde can be very tough to play against up front if he wishes, tough and quick. They don't let many in. 0-0 anyone? :wink:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:01 pm

sandman wrote:Barnet have lost two narrowly at home (to Lincoln and Wrexham) and lost at Macc in midweek. They tend to go quite direct but have one or two good ball players, the Spaniard Luisma being one if he is fit. Akinde can be very tough to play against up front if he wishes, tough and quick. They don't let many in. 0-0 anyone? :wink:
0-0 was my prediction for this game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so it's not going to happen :roll:

But it would be a good result.

Outside Right
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Outside Right » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:22 pm

I was on my way, and then decided I had better things to do. I dope we get something out of the game. But can't see it.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Barnet: Stack, Yiadom, Stephens, N'Gala, E Johnson, Villa, Togwell, Weston, Cook, Akinde, Hoskins.

Subs: Saville, Marsh-Brown, Gambin, Mauro, Pavey.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Storer, Dunkley, Byrne, M Johnson, Reid, Blissett, Gittings, Nicholson, Gowling.

Subs: Gash, Styche, Obeng, Grimes, O’Keefe