George Obosu
No votes

Total votes: 24

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Re: MOTM: 14-11-15 Aldershot (H)

Post by Krasnyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Brodie was all over Maxwell in our box for a couple of corners, pulling and tugging him to get a reaction and whining to the ref who spoke to them both. I heard Maxwell flattened him on the final whistle and while I would never normally wish to condone such behaviour, in the case of the loathsome scrote, Brodie I'd make an exception.

Looking back on the game I do wonder if the second half performance wasn't actually a response to the HT talk but was actually part of the overall tactics? Play deep and frustrate Aldershot in the first half, making sure we went in at least on terms, then high-tempo pressing game in second half. If so Hockaday got it spot on though I was also getting a bit frustrated at the seeming lack of ambition in the first half.

Marvellous team performance throughout. Whitfield is a class apart but Murphy was impressive and seems to have a good footballing brain. You'd think Fazlic had been with us for ages, in fact if you'd never seen us play this season you'd probably assume he was captain! Howkins also impressed, a very solid performance.

Great to be saying good things again isn't it?

Hell of a challenge over the coming weeks though.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Krasnyi wrote:
Looking back on the game I do wonder if the second half performance wasn't actually a response to the HT talk but was actually part of the overall tactics? Play deep and frustrate Aldershot in the first half, making sure we went in at least on terms, then high-tempo pressing game in second half. If so Hockaday got it spot on though I was also getting a bit frustrated at the seeming lack of ambition in the first half.
I think it was just realisation on all parts, team, management and fans, that the high ball was futile but we could in fact beat them for pace so tactics needed to change.

Ossie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Ossie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:20 pm

If it looks like a duck and acts like an arse it's Brodie :beanshaker:

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Ray of hope 2nd half was as good as I have seen for a very long time. Whitfield a class apart if we can't keep him for the rest of the season I hope he makes the big time with Bournemouth.

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I know it is only 2 wins at home, but where are they , those so called fans that only seem to be able to point out how bad the team has played when we loose.

They don't seem to have anything to say or am I being paranoid !!!!!

Well done everyone and good number of fans to see a good win.

:worthy:
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks Hartlebury, and warning heeded Badger :)

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Well done lads and the Hock. Haven't been able to attend for a few weeks and probably explains why we are winning now lol. Very good crowd yesterday considering our troubles this season. Well done everyone! Onwards and upwards hopefully. It will take some doing but we need to keep the points ticking over and hope a few teams from Boreham Wood and above hit rocky ground. Some really poor results for the teams around us. Seems as if changing manager hasn't solved too much for Halifax or Torquay :red_army:

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:00 pm

Well, 20 participants in our Prediction League scored points following yesterday's fine win. :D :D :D However, only 3 (krasnyi, Phil and brumkidd) managed to get the score spot on and by so-doing grabbed 3 points each. The other 17 scored 1 point, but no-one nominated McQuilks as being our opening scorer.

Little change at the top of the table, but plenty of others now in the mix. Roll on Braintree.

:comeonharriers2:

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Will be interesting to see whether MBH starts on Sat v the Iron or whether Timmy Mallett sticks with the same front line...

:khfc:

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Zorro wrote:Will be interesting to see whether MBH starts on Sat v the Iron or whether Timmy Mallett sticks with the same front line...

:khfc:
Timmy Mallett??

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 pm

aberred wrote: Timmy Mallett??
Dave Wacaday

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Colgofray wrote:Well, 20 participants in our Prediction League scored points following yesterday's fine win. :D :D :D However, only 3 (krasnyi, Phil and brumkidd) managed to get the score spot on and by so-doing grabbed 3 points each. The other 17 scored 1 point, but no-one nominated McQuilks as being our opening scorer.

Little change at the top of the table, but plenty of others now in the mix. Roll on Braintree.

:comeonharriers2:
Woo-hoo, I'm in 4th place

If the rest of my November predictions are correct not only might I be top of the league but, more importantly, we'll be well on our way out if the mire.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Zorro wrote:
aberred wrote: Timmy Mallett??
Dave Wacaday
Not sure if that's a term of endearment or not.

Personally I think he's doing a good job and the efforts he's putting in on the training ground appear to be paying off. Fingers crossed the decent recent form continues.

One of my friends knows DH well and got to know him when they were taking their UEFA coaching badges together. He really really rates DH and thinks he's a tremendous coach who gets a bad press from time to time because he's a little different.

I think we've got someone with real quality and experience whose influence is starting to shine through. Fair play to him for taking the job on in the first place as well.

Many mocked when he was appointed, let's hope we're cheering his name come the end of the season.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:33 pm

aberred wrote:
Not sure if that's a term of endearment or not.
Endearment :kissarse:

First twenty minutes of second half yesterday we were wide awake

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 am

Well that was a lot better!!! 1st half thought more of the same, give the ball away alot and eventually concede and lose again, but 2nd half was the best performance I can remember for a very long time. To a man I thought we were excellent. Special mentions to Hodgkiss and the young centre half at the back who didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Still think we've probably left ourselves too much to do to stay up but a glimmer of hope at least!