Evan Garnett
No votes

Total votes: 2

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Re: MotM: 30-01-16 Aldershot (A)

Post by Krasnyi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:45 pm

And the really sad thing is I'm beginning not to care anymore. It doesn't feel like my club anymore, the club I've supported for over 30 years. It doesn't feel like a football club at all, more a project of Colin Gordon's in which the quality of football played is very much a secondary consideration.

If we'd played two or even three up front and gone down fighting 5-2 I wouldn't have complained, it's just this gutless, clueless management. I feel so sorry for the players.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Mr Gordon

If the fans, sponsorship and prestige of the National League fall away, this club ownership and university project of yours is going to cost you a lot in money AND reputation.

Good luck from here on in.

I sincerely hope you are up to the task and do the best for our much loved club.

Unfortunately based upon what has gone on over the last few months I remain to be convinced that the strategies applied will succeed.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Krasnyi wrote:I feel so sorry for the players.
Don't give a s**t about the players to be honest.

I feel sorry for the fans who have stuck by the club all season, fans run the club, not the players who will all be gone come summer.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:

I feel sorry for the fans who have stuck by the club all season, fans run the club, not the players who will all be gone come summer.

In that case Gino was right....it's the fans fault!

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Same old, same old. Nothing ever seems to change.

What irritates me is that Colin Gordon is probably the most intelligent owner we've had in years. Mark Serrell was a good manipulator but probably regarded himself higher than he deserved.

Yet he flies in the face of logic and reason. The young, top goalscorer we have with the club? On the bench. Hardly gets any proper game time. New striker? On the bench too.

How are these players going to develop, or how are we going to know if we want to keep them, if we just leave them on the bench and play Patrick, who hasn't scored or seemed to achieve much since he's joined us.

I'd also love to see the breakdown of what agency all of our players are with.

End of the day, the fans and club will suffer, the one having a bit effect on the other.

Spent the afternoon watching Atherton Collieries against Cammell Laird in the Northern Counties Premier League, in the heaviest hail I've ever seen, and the game being played on the heaviest pitch I've ever encountered. Atherton won 3-1, their right winger Ben Hardcastle is definately worth a look, almost John Robertson like in his dribbling.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 pm

DownTheLine wrote:
Jackygold55 wrote:

In that case Gino was right....it's the fans fault!
Well obviously I feel sorry for the fans, especially those who travelled today but it must be soul-destroying playing negative football week-in, week-out and losing most weeks by only the odd goal. How many times have we been stuffed this season? A more positive approach would surely have paid dividends. Too bloody late now anyway.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:40 pm

harry211 wrote:, their right winger Ben Hardcastle is definately worth a look, almost John Robertson like in his dribbling.
Doubt he would want to play at our level - Conf North - if he is any good

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:08 pm

He will be part time where he is so unless he's out of work, why would he swap for full time football on part time wages?

As we are paying part time wages, why not employ part time players? All of them in this division are better than the full timers we have recruited.

Or is that just a bit too radical an idea?
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 pm

brumkidd wrote:He will be part time where he is so unless he's out of work, why would he swap for full time football on part time wages?

As we are paying part time wages, why not employ part time players? All of them in this division are better than the full timers we have recruited.

Or is that just a bit too radical an idea?
That's why the rationale behind Colin's plan for next year is crazy.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:54 pm

The young, top goalscorer we have with the club? On the bench. Hardly gets any proper game time. New striker? On the bench too.

How are these players going to develop, or how are we going to know if we want to keep them, if we just leave them on the bench and play Patrick, who hasn't scored or seemed to achieve much since he's joined us.
Makes one wonder if there will be times where those 'in the shop window' will suddenly get preference on the pitch whenever someone, somewhere, declares an interest in signing them.
Leaving those on contract on the bench.....welcome to our bright future. :~
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Andrew Frazier @AndrewDFrazier:

I haven't missed a @khfcofficial game since 1993. That run must have ended today as I clearly wasn't at the same game as Colin Gordon.

Forbesy
Youth team
Youth team

Re: 30-01-16 Aldershot (A)

Post by Forbesy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:06 pm

sprials wrote:Guess we need someone to score fecking goals..... we have scored...28 goals all season... 16npoints from 20th.

is this our worse record season????

thorn better record

beyond a joke,
no manager
no money
no passion
no pride
no idea

do we have a crap squad.....or they just dont know what to do?

only thing going for us, is decent fans!!
Guessing you weren't there then? It didn't go our way, but not because of a lack of passion or effort. Shame people make their opinions of the performance whilst enjoying the comforts of their armchairs.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Guessing you weren't there then? It didn't go our way, but not because of a lack of passion or effort. Shame people make their opinions of the performance whilst enjoying the comforts of their armchairs.
Okay, we're not allowed an opinion unless we have more money than sense and squander hard-earned cash going to some godforsaken football outpost watching what turns out to be the same predictable shambles we see week in week out.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Forbesy
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Forbesy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 am

garthrockett wrote:
Okay, we're not allowed an opinion unless we have more money than sense and squander hard-earned cash going to some godforsaken football outpost watching what turns out to be the same predictable shambles we see week in week out.
Never heard the phrase 'I couldn't possibly comment, I wasn't there' or to paraphrase Mr Wenger 'I didn't see the incident'

Make all the opinions you want, but they'll be based mostly on radio commentary of someone that a number of people on here constantly berate for his views.

My view is that these players and the management are working the damned hardest they can in a crap situation, left by poor board decisions over the last five years or so. So to then slate them for a lack of effort and passion is wholly unfair when you didn't see the effort they put into the game.

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:52 am

Personally I don't think there has been a lack of passion or commitment from the players (with some exceptions -MBH for instance) just a lack of quality and a complete dearth of sensible tactics.