Luke Maxwell
No votes

Total votes: 4

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: MotM: 21-03-15 Torquay (A)

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm

The problem we have, if we get rid of the management team at the end of the season, we have no-one to see over any signings/deals in the summer, so come June/July, we'll be looking for a new Manager AND new players.

Personally, I think we will keep GW, but get rid of MC, and bring in Gowling as assistant. Creighton has done nothing since he's been here, and I think he has had far too much influence on GW, a negative influence at that.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm not suggesting that we wait til the end of the season for that very reason. The problem is, we all know that, even if we lose the rest of the games, we'll still be saddled with GW (with or without MC). He's shown he can achieve absolutely nothing on the reduced budget he's had to work on for the past 6 months or so. Therefore, how can he possibly do any better when the budget is reduced (as we've been told to expect) still further next season. He obviously can't motivate his players any more and they appear to have little or no confidence in him. Let's face it, even with the players he has got at his disposal, our results should not be as bad as this. Some say we can't afford to get rid of him, but ask yourselves, from a results perspective... what will be the cost of him staying? Problem is.... old pals act..... he's here to stay.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't think the transfer embargo or failure to pay wages at times has helped. That's a little more extreme than having a reduced budget, which in itself has led to a lot of chopping and changing and removal of the better players. Then we have the fact most of the players know they will be off at the end of the season because we won't have the money to pay them all. I think it's a pretty considerable task. What happened at Hereford was even worse but they only beat relegation on the last day of the season.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Surely if you know your leaving at the end of the season now is the time to impress? I can understand complacency if you already have a contract signed but most of these don't. With the number of players available pre season even decent players can find it hard to get a decent contract.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Surely if you know your leaving at the end of the season now is the time to impress? I can understand complacency if you already have a contract signed but most of these don't. With the number of players available pre season even decent players can find it hard to get a decent contract.
You would think so Tamworth Harrier and there's still six league games left. Perhaps there has been a negative reaction to not being paid on time? Mind you, I've seen plenty of players coasting to the end of the season and their contracts over the years and they often find something elsewhere regardless. A bad run always zaps confidence as well and players such as Danny Wright seemed to be lacking something when they arrived, never mind now. I wouldn't fancy being in GW's shoes really.

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:57 pm

sandman wrote:I don't think the transfer embargo or failure to pay wages at times has helped. That's a little more extreme than having a reduced budget, which in itself has led to a lot of chopping and changing and removal of the better players. Then we have the fact most of the players know they will be off at the end of the season because we won't have the money to pay them all. I think it's a pretty considerable task. What happened at Hereford was even worse but they only beat relegation on the last day of the season.
I would agree to some extent with this. But other managers often use these situations to galvanise the team. I don't believe GW deserves all the stick he's getting from some quarters, but neither do I think he's covered himself in glory. There has been an air of self fulfilling prophecy about the last three months, which it was in his power to prevent.

I just wish we could have a clear vision for the future. But doing things like talking up the Academy lads then not putting even one of them on the bench makes me wonder if there really is any plan. Even a flawed plan has a sense of direction. And that's something that I feel has been missing for a while.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:26 pm

spitalfields wrote:
sandman wrote:I don't think the transfer embargo or failure to pay wages at times has helped. That's a little more extreme than having a reduced budget, which in itself has led to a lot of chopping and changing and removal of the better players. Then we have the fact most of the players know they will be off at the end of the season because we won't have the money to pay them all. I think it's a pretty considerable task. What happened at Hereford was even worse but they only beat relegation on the last day of the season.
I would agree to some extent with this. But other managers often use these situations to galvanise the team. I don't believe GW deserves all the stick he's getting from some quarters, but neither do I think he's covered himself in glory. There has been an air of self fulfilling prophecy about the last three months, which it was in his power to prevent.

I just wish we could have a clear vision for the future. But doing things like talking up the Academy lads then not putting even one of them on the bench makes me wonder if there really is any plan. Even a flawed plan has a sense of direction. And that's something that I feel has been missing for a while.
Yes, fair enough. I think he's been swimming against the tide, been swept away and has become lost somewhat. I just hope he keeps his head above water over the next few weeks. :comeonharriers2:

Marsh18
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marsh18 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Terrible game played out by two awful sides!

We've just got no one to take a game by the scruff of the neck, attempt to get on the ball and start knocking it about. And for all the Storer haters out there... he did that!! Just shows you how much Storer carried the likes of Verma and Byrne. Didn't notice Jake Green was even playing until the 88th minute he was that anonymous.

Lee Hughes got my motm as he was the only player out there to get any sort of credit what so ever.