Adam Dawson

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:42 pm

aberred wrote: I'd expect Spencer to go out on loan, and perhaps Reid to depart aswell, with the arrival of a target man from the FL.
Hope you're right on this front. We could well be an excellent squad then. If everyone plays to their potential (and no injuries of course)

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

aberred wrote:Creights deserves the credit for bringing him to the club.

An exciting signing and one that will be key for any success this season.

GK, defence and midfield certainly look strong.

Styche is working manfully up front and Singh could spring a surprise as well.

I'd expect Spencer to go out on loan, and perhaps Reid to depart aswell, with the arrival of a target man from the FL.

This season will certainly be interesting, and the management team deserve the credit for assembling the squad they have with the budget available.

As I expected that sofa in the boardroom came up trumps, with Dawson & Snedker signing, it wasn't that much of a surprise bearing in mind both have been regular in the pre season.

The inference that a target man could be joining and Reid going out could be the final piece of squad building that we need - IF that is the case then things will look a whole damn sight better and hopefully goals won't be an issue.

Intrigued to know who the FL striker might be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:57 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
aberred wrote: I'd expect Spencer to go out on loan, and perhaps Reid to depart aswell, with the arrival of a target man from the FL.
Hope you're right on this front. We could well be an excellent squad then. If everyone plays to their potential (and no injuries of course)
Injuries always the worry. Lets hope we are fortunate with that this year

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:19 pm

Really good signing and an exciting player.
Was a player Bristol Rovers fans wanted to sign for them and even only a few days ago they thought he might return so good work from the Harriers management in getting him.

Aggborough_Pie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Aggborough_Pie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:Really good signing and an exciting player.
Was a player Bristol Rovers fans wanted to sign for them and even only a few days ago they thought he might return so good work from the Harriers management in getting him.
A simple look over to Twitter will show you dozens of Rovers fans virtually begging Dawson to sign for them! Considering they got promoted it is very promising that he is so highly regarded by fans that have seen him play more than we have. Rounds off a surprisingly good summer of transfer activity considering the budget. Well done Gary Whild!

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:36 pm

And how about this from the Bristol Post .......
IT'S not every day a Bristol Rovers player is compared to three of the world's best footballers, but in this case Adam Dawson's statistics give him the right to be likened with Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria
The Leicester City loanee, who has made eleven appearances this term for Darrell Clarke's men, has weighed in with 15 assists in 27 showings for the three clubs he's played for this season, which includes Notts County, Nuneaton and Rovers. Comparing the 22-year-old's assisting ability to the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Di Maria, he's wiped the floor with the Real Madrid attacker and the Premier League's most expensive player.

When you look at the statistics, Ronaldo has made 11 assists in 26 La Liga matches this season, while Di Maria has just ten for Louis Van Gaal's side in 22 games.

Dawson is, however, tied with Barcelona star Messi, who has 15 assists in 29 outings.

Meanwhile, despite Dawson not being available for Rovers' final game of the season at home to Alfreton Town, they'll be hoping he racks up a few more assists in the remaining games against Southport and Dover

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:Put's into context the absolute shambles of giving the wannabees contracts - use up the budget and then when a player like Dawson is available GW has spent all the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not sure Kiddy could have afforded him anyway - but it just shows the merits of some of the decision making.

I hope he ends up in the League and doesn't go somewhere like Wrexham or Cheltenham just because the pot was empty,,,,,,,,, :roll:
Would you like to edit this now!!!!!

Of course I am not moaning just merely constructively critising some of the oh so negative posts on this site.

Great signing along with the goal keeper now can we get behind the team and GW and his back room staff.

I am sure that they will get things wrong and we won't all agree on the best way forward but we need a positive and can do attitude every where around the place.

So please let's wipe the slate clear and look forward to the new season.

:khfc:
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Badger wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:Put's into context the absolute shambles of giving the wannabees contracts - use up the budget and then when a player like Dawson is available GW has spent all the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not sure Kiddy could have afforded him anyway - but it just shows the merits of some of the decision making.

I hope he ends up in the League and doesn't go somewhere like Wrexham or Cheltenham just because the pot was empty,,,,,,,,, :roll:

Of course I am not moaning just merely constructively critising some of the oh so negative posts on this site.

Great signing along with the goal keeper now can we get behind the team and GW and his back room staff.

I am sure that they will get things wrong and we won't all agree on the best way forward but we need a positive and can do attitude every where around the place.

No not really.

When I posted that, there was a clear inference, (later corrected) by some one on here that said the budget was spent and that there would be no further signings - hence my frustration at possibly missing out on signings that could make a difference.

It may well be that GW has been gifted a windfall on top of his projected allowance - we will wait and see what develops, but it still doesn't change my opinion that money has been wasted on wannabees who will inevitably farmed out to try and save the very same dosh that spent earlier in the summer.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Any chance of keeping this thread positive after today's fantastic news, rather than clogging it up with squabbling?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:45 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Any chance of keeping this thread positive after today's fantastic news, rather than clogging it up with squabbling?

Agreed

But I didn't start the back stabbing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:16 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Badger wrote:

No not really.

When I posted that, there was a clear inference, (later corrected) by some one on here that said the budget was spent and that there would be no further signings - hence my frustration at possibly missing out on signings that could make a difference.

It may well be that GW has been gifted a windfall on top of his projected allowance - we will wait and see what develops, but it still doesn't change my opinion that money has been wasted on wannabees who will inevitably farmed out to try and save the very same dosh that spent earlier in the summer.
To be fair to Mike, I'd been told the budget was spent but not been told about the deals for Snedker and Dawson which had already been accounted for.

I don't think GW has been given a windfall. In his interview on Player he talks about a bit of flexibility in the budget, but nothing significant and some manouvre is still needed.

As for the wannabe's. The only signing I perhaps don't agree with was the signing of Hales, but again he's young and could be one for the future, and will be on very little cash. Similarly with Spencer. I'd imagine both will go out on loan at some point to give them first team games. There's a danger in writing prospects off too early. I know it can be frustrating when the delivery from players isn't immediate but ultimately the patient approach pays off.

I remember being at Darlington when Jamille Matt came off the bench. He had a poor first touch chasing a ball over the top, and the guy next to me absolutely hammered him, calling him a joke signing and that he was a waste of money. Two years later he netted us around £300,000. I hope we'll see something similar with Williams, Hales, Spencer, Singh etc, but only time will tell. The important thing is not to write them off and give them chance to develop and make the step up. They are not at the club to take the mick and want to progress their careers, and with careful management and support from the terraces then that will happen.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:14 pm

To be fair to Mike, I'd been told the budget was spent but not been told about the deals for Snedeker and Dawson which had already been accounted for.

Were they already accounted for? Or have We gone cap in hand again? Or Spent money on the strength of the BOD's being confident We will easily beat 1100 average gate?

:wall:

Time will tell! COYR
Last edited by BIGED63 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 pm

aberred wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Badger wrote:

No not really.

To be fair to Mike, I'd been told the budget was spent but not been told about the deals for Snedker and Dawson which had already been accounted for.

I don't think GW has been given a windfall. In his interview on Player he talks about a bit of flexibility in the budget, but nothing significant and some manouvre is still needed.

As for the wannabe's. The only signing I perhaps don't agree with was the signing of Hales, but again he's young and could be one for the future, and will be on very little cash. Similarly with Spencer. I'd imagine both will go out on loan at some point to give them first team games. There's a danger in writing prospects off too early. I know it can be frustrating when the delivery from players isn't immediate but ultimately the patient approach pays off.

I remember being at Darlington when Jamille Matt came off the bench. He had a poor first touch chasing a ball over the top, and the guy next to me absolutely hammered him, calling him a joke signing and that he was a waste of money. Two years later he netted us around £300,000. I hope we'll see something similar with Williams, Hales, Spencer, Singh etc, but only time will tell. The important thing is not to write them off and give them chance to develop and make the step up. They are not at the club to take the mick and want to progress their careers, and with careful management and support from the terraces then that will happen.

Absolutely agree with everything you've said - IF this was a normal (£££) season - but the story from the club from day 1 was we haven't a pot to pi$$ in and the budget is tiny for a full time club, so don't expect headline signings and big names, and I will say I think GW has done brilliantly in (so far) almost signing up a team that looks good enough(bar a striker).

I'm all for encouraging the youth and the academy - I happen to think it's a massive plus for the club, but at the same time the most important aspect of KHFC is the football played in the Conference and surviving in it.

I know a lot has been made of the financial constraints and mismanagement of last season and how it affected the performance on the pitch and I'm sure that played it's part in the desperate second half of the season - but make no mistake performances over the last eight weeks replicated for the upcoming season would result in only one thing - relegation.

The management is the same - the budget is halved - a lot of the quality has moved on to be replaced by maybe lesser players,
so it would be reasonable to expect that the budget be applied carefully and appropriately to bring in the best players Harriers could afford - I'm not convinced that is the case.

Another time when the coffers were overflowing and the club could afford to sign up youngsters on professional contracts with an eye to further down the road - fine - I don't have a problem with that. In the past Harriers have signed up or one or two for the future - Matt, Blissett, Johnson, but this season GW seems to have gone off the scale - there must be seven or eight wannabees
just how many will be regulars in a match day squad in the immediate future??

If Harriers do manage a mid table finish then the gamble will have paid off, and maybe one or two of the youngsters will blossom and become first team regulars Maxwell and Williams certainly look to have the wherewithal to become good players.

Nevertheless the concern that Harriers might struggle is still there, the first six games will indicate how strong a team we have, the main worry is the lack of depth and cover for suspensions and injuries - very little I would suggest.

As for farming out players on loan to gain experience - again in normal times - not a problem, but I thought Harriers were strapped for cash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Is there really a hidden safe deposit box down the back of the boardroom sofa - or is this talk of being paupers of the Conference just a ploy to pay the minimum wage ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Anyway, maybe Father Christmas will bring Harriers a sack of gold for a Chrissie pressie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:24 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Any chance of keeping this thread positive after today's fantastic news, rather than clogging it up with squabbling?
Of course you are right , it is good news but Mike among others for once should admit that they are wrong and these doom and gloom statements do not help encourage anyone . It would be better perhaps to wait until we gets all the facts or wait until the window actually close before making uninformed rants

For me I am looking forward to the new season with cautious optimism and think that the squad is coming together quite well considering the circumstances we are in, which we have to agree is not the current nanager or board of directors fault in any way

So yes let's all be positive and as i have already said get behind the team, manager and staff.

"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 pm

Martin Brittain-esque in this video. His dead ball deliver is lethal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq52Qkazc5w