So can we do it?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: So can we do it?

Post by millzeuk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 am

The return to fitness of Arthur, Elton and Truslove for the final few games \ playoff's will also have a massive impact on where we finish \ our prospects of successfully navigating the playoff lottery

The absolute need to finish second will have been highlighted to everyone who attended last nights game. To have any chance of promotion, we simply have to have the playoff final at Aggborough, if we are lucky enough to reach it! The prospect of going to any of the sides in and around the play offs for a one off game fills me with little confidence.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:10 pm

With a very poor away record of two wins in 10 games we won't even win the play-offs although our home form should see us finish top five. I agree second spot is crucial but I wouldn't be confident of winning the semi-final at this stage.

HarrierRuss
Youth team
Youth team

Post by HarrierRuss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

I am happy we have secured a playoff place at the very least. Generally league form goes out of the window in the playoffs - Its all about momentum and having a fit and full squad now. How often has the fifth placed club got to the final and won?
Alan Hansen - You can't win anything with Kids - MOTD 1995

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:36 pm

2nd place is a must, and hopefully secure it tomorrow. The others have all got to fight to secure their places and Halifax/Chorley will be a big game. We will be able to rest some if we beat Gainsborough. In 2013 because we fought for top spot until the end we underperformed in both games against Wrexham in the play-offs. It would be nice to have the luxury of a fit and comparatively rested squad.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:47 pm

jim mankey wrote:2nd place is a must, and hopefully secure it tomorrow. The others have all got to fight to secure their places and Halifax/Chorley will be a big game. We will be able to rest some if we beat Gainsborough. In 2013 because we fought for top spot until the end we underperformed in both games against Wrexham in the play-offs. It would be nice to have the luxury of a fit and comparatively rested squad.

Assuming Fylde win at Boston :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
jim mankey wrote:2nd place is a must, and hopefully secure it tomorrow. The others have all got to fight to secure their places and Halifax/Chorley will be a big game. We will be able to rest some if we beat Gainsborough. In 2013 because we fought for top spot until the end we underperformed in both games against Wrexham in the play-offs. It would be nice to have the luxury of a fit and comparatively rested squad.

There is the scenario that Fylde could lose to Boston and then have to beat Worcester if we beat Gainsbourgh, I think the odds of Fylde securing a win with a goal in the 95th minute would be quite short. But yes, you're correct my assumption is that Fylde will beat Boston tomorrow, if not then there's a different complexion on the league.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm

jim mankey wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

There is the scenario that Fylde could lose to Boston and then have to beat Worcester if we beat Gainsbourgh, I think the odds of Fylde securing a win with a goal in the 95th minute would be quite short. But yes, you're correct my assumption is that Fylde will beat Boston tomorrow, if not then there's a different complexion on the league.

It's football - stranger things have happened :shock:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierRuss
Youth team
Youth team

Post by HarrierRuss » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Fylde losing to Boston is unlikely - Back in November Fylde beat Boston 9-2 and Rowe scored 4.

Mind you this is football...
Alan Hansen - You can't win anything with Kids - MOTD 1995