1st rd of the Cup - AFC Fylde away

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 1st rd of the Cup - AFC Fylde away

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 pm

guestie8 wrote:We should do all we can to get at least 500 up there and be loud and vocal..don't spread out...let's all stick together and back the lads Which part of ground should we aim for?

Lucky to take 200.

guestie8
Reserves
Reserves

Post by guestie8 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
guestie8 wrote:We should do all we can to get at least 500 up there and be loud and vocal..don't spread out...let's all stick together and back the lads Which part of ground should we aim for?

Lucky to take 200.
Which is sad if we took 900 to Blackpool at same stage last year.....same distance and definitely more rivalry between the two clubs

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:23 am

guestie8 wrote:
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

Lucky to take 200.
Which is sad if we took 900 to Blackpool at same stage last year.....same distance and definitely more rivalry between the two clubs
Remains to be seen, but there would be several reasons for this. A decline in the quality of football and results, constant trips up north and nobody really wanting to go to Fylde/Blackpool again are all factors. I don’t think we took as many as we could last year, with the game being moved to a Sunday and promotion being more important. And the latter remains the case this year.

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am

Agree promotion is more important but was pleased we went full strength against Chester and hope we do again in the 1st round. Win this and with a good draw we can be in the 3rd round with the possibility of a big game and possible TV money which is would be invaluable to the club.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 am

In a perverse way being drawn against Fylde is not all bad - it will at least give us a measure of where this team/squad sits in comparison with last season, although of course several players will be missing from last season, not all will be 'missed' in the true sense of the word!!

Plus of course we have more firepower up front - Snoopy and Joe 90.

Danny Rowe is still scoring for fun, but Fylde are not having it all their own way this season and they are picking up red cards for fun.

One face that Harriers fans might not see though is Jordan Tunnicliffe who missed the cup tie with Wrexham with an achilles injury.

One face we will recognise - Fylde now have that perennial journeyman Simon Grand in their ranks.

Another draw would do methinks
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

mezzaKHFC
½ Million Man
½ Million Man

Post by mezzaKHFC » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

redandwhitemike wrote:In a perverse way being drawn against Fylde is not all bad - it will at least give us a measure of where this team/squad sits in comparison with last season, although of course several players will be missing from last season, not all will be 'missed' in the true sense of the word!!

Plus of course we have more firepower up front - Snoopy and Joe 90.

Danny Rowe is still scoring for fun, but Fylde are not having it all their own way this season and they are picking up red cards for fun.

One face that Harriers fans might not see though is Jordan Tunnicliffe who missed the cup tie with Wrexham with an achilles injury.

One face we will recognise - Fylde now have that perennial journeyman Simon Grand in their ranks.

Another draw would do methinks
Don't forget about ZFA..

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 am

And Ezewele

guestie8
Reserves
Reserves

Post by guestie8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

So can we make this a must go to match?? We are the fans - it's down to us! Are the club pushing it much? Maybe could subsidise the coach travel with some of the prize money scooped so far?

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:45 pm

If we want to get out of this godforsaken division (and go on cup runs), every match is a 'must-go-to match'.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 pm

On a side note. The Chorley v Fleetwood game has been moved to the Monday for BT TV

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Phil wrote:On a side note. The Chorley v Fleetwood game has been moved to the Monday for BT TV
It’s a good fixture, local derby and all, but beggars belief how this fixture along with Hyde v MK Dons can receive top TV billing ahead of Charlton v Truro. The first Cornish club at this stage side 1969 with a real dream tie against an actual big club, yet they opt for matches involving a franchise club and moneybags club instead. Hyde v MK Dons, give me strength. Our match against Fylde would be better for TV.

I notice none of the matches have been moved to Sunday thus far. Are the BBC slow on the uptake, or have they knocked this half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday nonsense on the head now? Let’s hope it’s the latter.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Charlie Sheen wrote:
I notice none of the matches have been moved to Sunday thus far. Are the BBC slow on the uptake, or have they knocked this half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday nonsense on the head now? Let’s hope it’s the latter.
Cambridge v Sutton and Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts have already been moved to the Sunday

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm pretty sure that last year they had about 8/10 ties on the Sunday on the BBC programme and every one of them was a league vs non-league tie.

Even if they do move some for BBC "goals as they go in" coverage I'd be staggered if ours was one of them.

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Phil wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Cambridge v Sutton and Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts have already been moved to the Sunday
Is that definitive or do they plan to move another 8 or 9. Personally I think the last few FA Cup 1st rounds or so have been spoilt by this kind of nonsense. Would like to see a return to the majority of games being on a Saturday with the chosen few being Friday/Sunday/Monday personally.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Phil wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Is that definitive or do they plan to move another 8 or 9. Personally I think the last few FA Cup 1st rounds or so have been spoilt by this kind of nonsense. Would like to see a return to the majority of games being on a Saturday with the chosen few being Friday/Sunday/Monday personally.
BBC website now says it will cover 8 games on the Sunday as part of their "On the road" programme.

I suspect they are negotiating with clubs about moving certain games hence why only 2 have so far been announced.

Thankfully there are plenty of others that will likely be ahead of our game to picked for Sunday -

Ebbsfleet v Doncaster
Dartford v Swindon
Charlton v Truro
Solihull v Wycombe
Woking v Bury
Boreham Wood v Blackpool

I can't see us being picked ahead of any of those and there are more that could easily be added to the list so we should hopefully be OK for a Sat 3pm kick off.

Even if they decide they want an all non-league clash then Hereford v Telford or Leatherhead v Billericay have better stories for the neutral than our game.