Radio Coverage

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Come on you reds!
Youth team
Youth team

Radio Coverage

Post by Come on you reds! » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

KHIST board member Karl Davies has just been interviewed by Wyvern FM, which should be broadcast during news/sports bulletins during today on 96.7 FM / 102.8 FM and online

Also, KHIST will have a live interview by Trevor Owens of BBC H&W Radio at 5pm today - 104.6 FM and online

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Considering ringing up 606 on the weekend to see if they'll give us any coverage. That's who else needs to be appealed to, the masses and the people of the Midlands.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Banno
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Banno » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:44 pm

harry211 wrote:Considering ringing up 606 on the weekend to see if they'll give us any coverage. That's who else needs to be appealed to, the masses and the people of the Midlands.
Good luck considering you're not a big four fan from an obscure part of the country.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Banno wrote:
harry211 wrote:Considering ringing up 606 on the weekend to see if they'll give us any coverage. That's who else needs to be appealed to, the masses and the people of the Midlands.
Good luck considering you're not a big four fan from an obscure part of the country.
I know. But it is really clutching at straws time and think everything should be tried. If it fails - it fails - if it succeeds, it could be a few thousand in the bank due to higher attendance at the next home game. Think positive.

Come on you reds!
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Come on you reds! » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

harry211 wrote:
Banno wrote:
I know. But it is really clutching at straws time and think everything should be tried. If it fails - it fails - if it succeeds, it could be a few thousand in the bank due to higher attendance at the next home game. Think positive.
I'm with you Harry211 - we have to at least try - it's OUR club afterall.

Incidentally, The Sun sport facebook page removed my post. Guess they are only interested in Prem clubs then.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Exactly!

Emailing the sports desk's at all the major national newspapers at the moment. Even if we get a few lines or two in the sports section, its raising awareness and even if it gets one fan extra through the gates, its more money to the cause.

Come on you reds!
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Come on you reds! » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Coverage about to be on H&W

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Sent off to the Times, Mail, Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, Sun and NOTW.

Lets hope it has some effect, however minute, some effect.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:53 pm

What did you write Harry?

Want to post it on here :cool:

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Sent it to the Telegraph, Guardian, Times, Mail, NOTW and Sun

And go on then. Reading back through though...and its slightly worrying how many mistakes there are. B*llocks.
Dear Sir/Madam

I’m writing as a fan of Kidderminster Harriers for you to do an article on the financial plight of our club, a Blue Square Bet team that may disappear within the next few weeks if investment is not found or money is brought in. This is due to years of financial mis-management of which the fans (Of which I am one of around 1200) had little or no control over. The sad scenario is that following a possible investor pulling out completely in the last few days, the club may not even be able to afford to go into administration and then go straight into liquidation. Thus ruining the lives of people who have put their heart and soul into the club for many years, worked hard behind the scenes, travelled home and away and are part of generations of their family that have supported the club, growing up with the side (More information here: http://www.khist.org.uk/?p=1677)

The club is one with a large history; the last non-league side to get to the fifth round, before Crawley break the record gainst Manchester United on the 19th of February and we were a Football League side until 2005 when we were relegated from Coca-Cola League Two. We did then go on to become one of the first sides to play at the New Wembley stadium in 2007 in the FA Trophy final.

I’ve grown up supporting the Harriers and even though I’m 17 years of age, I’ve held a season ticket the club since 2002, experiencing many of the high’s and low’s of the club's recent history, and the current situation is perhaps the most depressing that I’ve ever witnessed at the club and worries me greatly. I’m now faced with the prospect of a club, that my Grandfather has supported since the 1940’s, may go bust imminently and I will never get the chance to take any future family to games like he has done with me.

However it isn’t a story about one football team, instead a worrying trend of the Premiership sides spending more and more money (Exemplified by the transfers of Fernando Torres and Andy Carroll on deadline day earlier this week) as a worrying number of lower league sides face financial ruin.

Especially when the lower leagues are the grassroots of football and although it matters to fewer people, it may matter more to them. People travelling hundreds of miles to witness a 2-0 loss with only a hundred other followers at best, there being no money for transfers in January and living for those rare and few moments like an FA Cup run or a goal against a rival in a long awaited game. This is far from the clashes in the Premiership every week where every action is sensationalised and the amount of prima-donna players are worryingly high. The majority of players at this level are real men trying to make a living and it is only recent that the majority of the teams in the Conference have become full-time.

This could turn into a good positive PR move, with your newspaper backing lower-league grassroots football even if for only a while. It would surely increase attendance’s slightly giving some teams a small yet invaluable increase in their income, whilst at the same time increasing circulation of your publication which would be positive for you in these times of financial hardship.

I’d hope if an article was written or even a campaign was put forward, firstly a plea for anyone to make any donations into the club could be published and secondly encouraging fans to attend their local sides games on an upcoming Saturday game for example, the Harriers are at home tomorrow (vs Bath City) and next Saturday (vs Altrincham); both are 3PM kick-offs.

I hope you’ll consider this idea in the coming hours or days, before it is too late for my club and other sides in the non-league and immediately above where the time is running out on the livelihood of their fans’. If you need any more information or comment, contact myself or KHIST (The supporters trust for Kidderminster Harriers)

Yours faithfully

Harry Taylor
Kidderminster Harriers F.C. Supporter

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Looks ok Harry. Not many 'howevers' at all :lol:

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Phil wrote:Looks ok Harry. Not many 'howevers' at all :lol:
Hard to write a balanced report without using the odd however.

Especially given my worryingly limited vocabulary. And even more worrying is the fact I'm currently an English student! (Or attempt to be)

Harty
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Harty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Fair play Harry!, very pro active of you!

Let's hope it works!
Harriersfansteam.co.uk

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Well written Harry, great effort.

Come on you reds!
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Come on you reds! » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:38 am

The word is getting out there so keep plugging away http://forums.birminghammail.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35126

More re-tweets from Ian Holloway, Aaron Lescott and the Blues to name three