harriers-online match report
Vs hartlepool 
reds fight for first away point.

Mark Blake scored the goal to give the Harriers their first away point of the season after the Reds went down to a Gordon Watson goal only two minutes earlier.

After a run of three games without a goal and on top of the shocking performance at Shrewsbury it couldn't come a minute too soon.

Danny Williams was missing through injury and Broughton, Ducros and Foster were dropped to make way for Mark Shail, Dean Bennett, Sam Shilton and Tony Bird.

Scott Stamps had the first chance to open the scoring for the Harriers but his header was easily saved by the Pool keeper and after that Hartlepool started to take control of the game.

Their new signing, Watson, was on fire and peppering Brockies goal with shots but we managed to hold out.

Sam Shilton had the next chance for the Harriers but he wasted the chance of laying the ball off to the better placed Tony Bird to have a shot himself in front of his old crowd but the attempt was again easily saved.

HT. 0-0

The Harriers came out for the second half looking the more positive and it only took a few minutes for Scott Stamps to get another chance to score but his volley cleared the bar.

But then Hartlepool scored their first goal in five games when Watson got on the end of ex Blues defender, Jon Bass' cross to head the ball past the static Stuart Brock.

Minutes later Blakie got us back on equal terms when his header from another ex Blues defender, Ian Clarkson, flew past Williams in the Hartlepool goal.

Then in the 77th minute came a controversial decision when the ref awarded a penalty for a handball from Adie Smith in front of the Hartlepool goal.

The Reds protested, saying it was ball to hand but the ref was having none of it.

Clark stepped up to take it but his weak effort was saved by Brockie much to everyones relief.

After that Hartlepool threw everything they could think of at the Harriers goal but we almost snatched it in the dying minutes when Birds effort flew well over the bar when it would have been easier to score.

So we ended up with our first point away from home this season and can now build on this with our next two games against Oxford and Swansea, both at home.

FT. 1-1


Brock, Smith, Shilton, Clarkson, Stamps, Shail, Davies, Blake, Bird, Bennett, Joy.
Subs;  Murphy, Foster, Hadley, Corbett, Sall.

Williams, Bass, Simms, Sharp, Robinson, Ormerod, Stephenson, Tinkler, Clarke, Lormor, Watson.
Subs;  Hollund, Easter, Clark, Humphries, Widdrington.

Yellow. Harriers 2. Joy, Shail.
Yellow. Hartlepool 0.

Red. Harriers 0.
Red. Hartlepool 0.

Referee;S Mathieson (Stockport).

Chat about this game here
Did you see the same match as me?
Do you want to write a report?
If you do then click here

links to some Hartlepool websites:

official site
in the net

if you came to this page via another website
then please click here to visit

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC