harriers-online match report
Vs lincoln city 
Deano continues good run.

Dean Bennett extended his run of scoring tonight when he grabbed his third league goal in as many games.

And in doing so he also extended the Harriers own run of three league wins in a row.

The Reds started the game without Drewe Broughton who was again ruled out with flu.
This time Tony Bird sat on the bench to make way for Colin Larkin who was returning after his enforced rest last Saturday when the Wolves manager, Dave Jones, had refused to allow him to become cup tied.

Jan Molby decided to go with the 4-3-3 formation and again it worked. The Harriers were far swifter into the attack than Lincoln although they too had their moments.

We were the first to pose a threat when Bo Henriksen fired over after just two minutes and he then came close again when he just missed connecting with a dangerous cross from Richie Appleby.

Dean Bennett was the next to go close when his header from Clarksons cross was well saved by the Lincoln keeper Marriott.

It was then the Imps turn to go close when Steve Holmes's header was cleared off the line by Appleby.

Larkin then set up Henriksen for a strike and again his effort was kept out by the keeper.

Larkin himself missed the best chance of opening the scoring in the first half when he blazed over from Deano's cross when it would have been easier to score.

HT. 0-0

Both teams started the second half the same way as they had finished the first with Lincoln being the first to threaten Brockies goal.

But new signing Ian Hamilton's long range effort was easily dealt with by Stuart.

Richie Appleby went in the black book after 51 minutes when he went in late on Lincoln's Grant Brown.

It was then Lincolns turn to miss a sitter when Kingsley Black found himself with only Brock to beat but he shot straight at him and the chance was gone.

Black's next attempt at opening the scoring was an improvement on his first but Stuart saved well to deny him again.

Abdou was the next to pose a threat when he went up for a corner but his header went narrowly wide.

The Harriers were starting to gain the upper hand and the crosses were flying in from all angles but it was just bad luck that no one could get on the end of them.

Alan Buckley, the Lincoln manager, decided enough was enough and sent on Gain and Walker in place of his son Adam and Kingsley Black in an effort to contain the Harriers threat.

Almost immediately the move seemed to pay off when Hamiltons shot from Gains cross went just wide of the upright.

It was our turn then for some changes when Jan replaced Larkin and Appleby with Shilton and Ducros.

Ten minutes later our final substitution was made when Tony Bird came on for Bo Henriksen.

The game went into a quiet period then until the 85th minute when with the game looking if it was going to peter out into a goal less draw Dean Bennett struck.

The City Captain, Bimson, lost the ball just inside his half. In a flash Deano pounced and rounded the keeper to slot the ball home for his third goal of the season.

How much longer is Dean going to be on the transfer list Jan?

FT. 0-1


Brock, Stamps, Hinton, Williams, Clarkson, Bennett, Blake, Sall, Larkin, Appleby, Henrikson.
Subs;  Murphy, Ducros, Smith, Bird, Shilton.

Marriott, Bailey, Bimson, Brown, Holmes, Black, Sedgemore, Hamilton, Buckley, Cameron, Battersby.
Subs;  McConville, Camm, Horrigan, Walker, Gain.

Yellow. Harriers 1. Appleby.
Yellow. Lincoln 0.

Red. Harriers 0.
Red. Lincoln 0.

Referee;Mr.T Parkes (Birmingham).

Did you see the same match as me?
Do you want to write a report?
If you do then click here

Chat about this game here
links to some lincoln city websites:

official site

if you came to this page via another website
then please click here to visit

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC