harriers-online match report
Vs york city 
Reds get point at York

Well we got a point at York but will it be enough.  Again todays results went our way and amazingly we are still only 4 points behind the play-offs but now we only have two games left.

We really need to win at Hull next Saturday and again at home to Bristol Rovers the following weekend.  We also need all the other clubs above us to drop points in their last games.

A tall order but not impossible.

We welcomed back Drewe Broughton to the team after he missed the Wrexham game with flu but there was still no sign of JJ Melligan who now has a cold on top of his suspected appendicitis.  Sean Parrish continued to deputise for JJ.

We were still without Bo Henriksen who was serving the final day of his suspension.

The Harriers started the game by producing a shot on goal from Andy Bishop in the 3rd minute that was well saved by Ingham, in goal for City, and then after a couple of attempts on goal from City it was Drewe Broughton who had the next try on goal for us when his header from Danny Williams was well saved by Ingham.

Broughton then came close again when he flicked Sam Shilton's cross just inches wide of the far post.

After that the game settled down to a midfield battle with only another shot from Bishop to write home about.  His right footed volley was easily saved though.

York had two chances to open the scoring just before half time from Parkin but they both went well wide of the target.

HT. 0 - 0

York made a substitution at the start of the half with Keith Graydon coming on for Anthony Shandran.

The game carried on as in the first half by getting bogged down in midfield with the first attempt on goal coming from the Harriers.  Danny Williams drilled a left footed shot from 30yds out but it went narrowly wide of the target.

The first booking of the game came in the 50th minute when City's Scott Jones was carded for a two footed tackle on Sean Parrish after he was clear on goal.  Two minutes later came the first booking for us when Dean Bennett went into the book for unsporting behaviour.

After that the goal chances dried up and with further bookings for Danny Williams and Dion Scott the game started to draw to a close.

Substitute Keith Graydon almost won the game for City with a volley that crashed against the post leaving Stuart Brock rooted to the spot.

Drewe missed the best chance of the game to grab all of the points for the Harriers 15 minutes from the end when Dean Bennett slid the ball into his path but he curled his effort wide of the far post from eight yards out.

In a last throw of the dice Brit made a triple substitution and bought on Inderpaul Khela for his debut along with McAuley and Foster.  Exits were, in turn, made by Parrish, Bennett and Bishop but nothing more happened and the game ended in stalemate with a point apiece.

FT. 0 - 0

vote for your
man of the match now

York City  subs   cards      Harriers  subs   cards 
Ingham     Brock  
Hobson     Scott
Brass     Stamps  
Jones   Williams
Edmondson     Hinton  
Cooper     Parrish  
Potter     Bennett
Brackstone     Flynn  
Nogan     Broughton  
Shandran     Bishop  
Parkin     Shilton  
SUBS:       SUBS:    
Collinson     Danby  
Wood     Foster  
Wilding     McAuley  
Cowan     Heath  
Graydon     Khela  

Mr M Cowburn

links to some
york city websites:

official site
Chat about
this game
click below
to see previous
Did you see the
same match as me?
Do you want to
write a report?
If you do then click here
If you came here from an external link
then please click below to go to
              Back to Top

Site © 1999- Harriers-Online.co.uk - all rights reserved  
This site is 100% unofficial and in no way represents the views of Kidderminster Harriers FC