The Harriers Fan Club - It exists

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

The Harriers Fan Club - It exists

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: The Harriers Fan Club - It exists

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Phil wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm
Haven't watched all yet but it looks like we have a new assistant manager, Kevin Poole

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:52 pm

After the official questions CG begins to contradict himself about the players in the Arms and about Green Duck having full control of the Arms

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Phil wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:52 pm
After the official questions CG begins to contradict himself about the players in the Arms and about Green Duck having full control of the Arms
CG is right about the players being uncomfortable mixing with supporters. Last season the players coach broke down and the supporters coach picked up a number of players and CG, the only one to speak was CG, the players were very shy.
Last edited by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:14 am

I dont get this young squad thing.
We have

Bradley
Oconnor
Vaughan
Penn
Chambers
Ironside.
Which player have come from Acadamies?possibly Taylor?
Kids season tickets are £40.
So Colin is part of the management team then?
Fair play to Norman for asking the questions and Colin for answering questions that were off the cuff.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:14 am

Stormin from Normin.

He asked the questions we have all always wanted to ask but daren’t.

Thanks to Colin for the candid answers.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:17 am

I’d wager Colin was being “economic” with the numbers: 21 league games at 40quid is 1.90 a pop. He did mention about some of the senior pros who clearly are comfortable around people; Penn/Vaughan/JOC

You only have to watch some of the interviews by some of the younger squad members to know that speaking isn’t their thing.

I took the CG in the dugout thing to be little more than an advisory role. If we now have Kevin Poole in then hopefully that can help Brandon get on. He spent a bit of time playing behind Guy Branston...what’s he doing these days; get him in to coach that backline?
He who dares...wins

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:28 am

So who on here is a Fans Club member? Don't be shy.

Sprials/Karl Rose. Are you a member?

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:39 am

Colin back as part of the management team is something we should all be concerned by.

He also changes tack twice about players coming into the Arms after to speak to fans. One minute "We're a professional club, it's not what we do." Which moved to the rubbish about players not feeling comfortable. Who is at 18-24 if they've spent their time being mollycoddled in academies? Doesn't mean they can't learn...might even build some character. Stick them with an experienced player. Think Colin was candid with the former before realising how it would look, which is incredibly arrogant.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 am

I think it was a good interview with good points raised. To be fair whatever Colin says or does he will never win some people over. The point about the players coming in the club I can understand but why would the like of occonor Johnson Daniels want to come into a club full of people who want to slaughter them as they do on here??? In the old days yes they did but also in the old days supporters travelled on the same coach away aswell. Times have changed. I am however in total agreement with Colin with the point that people are being actively encouraged not to support the club. I've said it before and I will await the usual suspects replies but being encouraged to drink in a social club that has never or will ever support the harriers is disgraceful. Years gone by we recieved the odd cheque but that's about it. People being encouraged to join a supporters trust paying a £1 . Where is this money going????where is the supposed £400000 in there bank account going???How are they supporting this club??????these are fair questions . On to today. Hoping for a win and a drink in the arms after!!!!!!

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am

He did leave the impression we would change from 352, can`t wait to see in a few hours time.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Medieval wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am
He did leave the impression we would change from 352, can`t wait to see in a few hours time.
Don't hold your breath for too long. NM may not have seen the video.

Jock
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Jock » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:30 pm

offers wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:53 am
I think it was a good interview with good points raised. To be fair whatever Colin says or does he will never win some people over. The point about the players coming in the club I can understand but why would the like of occonor Johnson Daniels want to come into a club full of people who want to slaughter them as they do on here??? In the old days yes they did but also in the old days supporters travelled on the same coach away aswell. Times have changed. I am however in total agreement with Colin with the point that people are being actively encouraged not to support the club. I've said it before and I will await the usual suspects replies but being encouraged to drink in a social club that has never or will ever support the harriers is disgraceful. Years gone by we recieved the odd cheque but that's about it. People being encouraged to join a supporters trust paying a £1 . Where is this money going????where is the supposed £400000 in there bank account going???How are they supporting this club??????these are fair questions . On to today. Hoping for a win and a drink in the arms after!!!!!!
With respect Offers...what business is it of yours what people do with their money? If fans want to give a pound to join a supporters trust...then that is their choice.If people want to drink in the social club OR any other pub for that matter...then that is their choice. Just because they don't do what you would like them to do doesn't mean they are less of a fan than you are.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:40 pm

I totally agree. The same has every one has the right to put what they want on here!!!!!! At today's game I might go round with a bucket ,ask everyone for£1but not tell them where the money is going. Wonder how many would put in??that's the same. :bleeaarrgghh:

Jock
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Jock » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:53 pm

I also agree people can make their comments on this forum. "At today's game I might go round with a bucket ,ask everyone for£1 but not tell them where the money is going. Wonder how many would put in??that's the same".
Maybe, just maybe, the people know exactly where their money is going...and are still happy to pay their money. Thoughts?