Liam Truslove....

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Liam Truslove....

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:34 am

I was aware he wasn’t happy with what was offered. Still a mistake IMO. Especially given what we have replaced him with.

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm

But economically the club may have decided that he had reached a plateau in his performance and he needed to be replaced. The best way to do that is to offer less money and let the player reject it.
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Macca consistently underperformed last season compared with the season before.

While, being offered less money could be considered a slap in the face, I wouldn't have blamed the club for making that decision based
on his season-long form - which was that of a bench warmer.

Of course, as it turned out, he seems to have rediscovered his talent.

Lowe v Daly. On retrospect the wrong decision. But, who knew?
Last edited by Cal's Spongebag on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Out of interest Cal, brumkidd and Sheff, how do you assess/rate the performances (often only cameo) of the guy you're sponsoring this season i.e. James Baxendale?

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 am

Well, we haven’t seen much of him, have we? Underwhelmed. Has seemed to only pass backwards, but a better showing on Saturday.

Re your question....not sure of the significance of us sponsoring him??
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 am

Only attempting to find out what others think of him since he joined. No significance whatsoever in the sponsorship link. I noticed it by chance and it prompted me to ask the question as Quillks was being discussed as I think he brought more to the ‘table’ than Baxendale has thus far.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

I recognise that McQuilken didn't reach the heights of his previous seasons. My comment is more a moan at the recruitment of players to fill the holes left. By all means let someone leave if you don't think they are worth the money but replace with a player at least as good. Yes, I know retrospect is a wonderful thing but the job of those involved in player recruitment is to do due diligence. We, the mere fans, don't scout potential players, speak to those who work with them re their ethic and attitude etc. I expect the club to do this - is that naive? So whilst things don't always work out (e.g. Daly) and there can be many reasons for this, my general point is that we don't seem to be improving the team.

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

With regard to the enquiry about James Baxendale, as a co sponsor I can say that he looks entirely unsuited to football at our level. I imagine he can't help the fact that he has no meat on him and looks a bit like one of the academy lads a good few years younger than him.

I'm not at all sure what he brings to the squad. We have a number of lightweights in the group and we seem to have been recruiting them consistently over the years. A significant number of our rivals tend to hire big brick sh*t house players, who invariably brush our lightweight players aside.

You get what you pay for I suppose and I'm happy for my small contribution to the overall sponsorship cost to be assigned to one or other of his skinny ankles.
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 am

I'm not sure how anyone can come to any sort of valid judgment on Bax when he's only played two full games thus far - with 9 as sub.

On paper surely a 26 year-old attacking midfielder with over a hundred games under his belt with Walsall is just the kind of experienced player we should be looking for?
....or maybe I'm missing something??
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 pm

"........or maybe I'm missing something??"

...or then again, perhaps those who signed him have.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 pm

...or then again, perhaps those who signed him have.
....and after a requisite number of games to fairly judge the lad I would have no problem being one of those to confirm that..... :)
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm

With both Bax & O`connor not impressing, it does question what it takes to play at several levels above us. Clearly physicality is a low priority attribute,(i`m assuming O`connor as a centre back here).