MotM: 12-01-19 Boston (H) Ironside

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Harriers 1 Boston Utd 2

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Brandon Hall
No votes
Lee Vaughan
8%
Aaron Phillips
15%
Declan Weeks
No votes
Fraser Horsfall
No votes
Josh Heaton
No votes
Sam Austin
4%
Russ Penn
No votes
Joe Ironside
69%
Ashley Chambers
No votes
Dan Bradley
No votes
Kane Richards
No votes
Nick Clayton-Phillips
4%
James Baxendale
No votes

Total votes: 26

Mac
Youth team
Youth team

Re: MotM: 12-01-19 Boston (H)

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Only Booed the Referee today. It was really nice to see us play the right way and lose again.

Let's not look at the proper league table. I have the official admission price league table based on most expensive adult price with 10 year old.

York £35
HARRIERS £22
Stockport £20
Chester £18
Boston £17
Hereford £17
Alfreton £16
Southport £15
FC Utd £15
Ashton £15
Bradford PA £14
Telford £14
Altrincham £14
Darlington £14
Guiseley £14
Chorley £12
Spennymoor £12
Blyth £12
Brackley £12
Leamington £12
Curzon £12
Nuneaton £12

CG May not be getting the most from players on the park but he is certainly getting enough from the pockets of his loyal fans.

Club in total turmoil!!!!!!!!

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Well it's taken a while but we have finally managed it. We are now closer to the relegation zone than we are to the top of the league.

I'm not one for berating officials as I think it is pointless, probably evens out in the long run and detracts from the underlying issues.

We are so dull to watch. Football is about results and entertainment, ideally both, however there is virtually none of either on offer at the moment. Today my overriding emotion is that I'm happy that we are one more game nearer to the end of the season as it's clear that there is absolutely no chance that we are going to do anything but limp towards the end of April.

It is a sad indictment of the current state of affairs that barely a week after the end of the Christmas period my biggest hope for the club is that we get a decent manager and some significant additions to the squad ready for August and I'm not even confident that will happen.

Having travelled to many far flung grounds over the last few years I'm not even sure I can be bothered to go to Telford next week. I never thought things would get that bad that I thought like this. I shudder to think how many will renew season tickets at £250+ if there are not tangible signs of improvement in the management and squad before the start of next season. A repeat of this season with the addition of a couple of league defeats to Stourbridge hardly whets the appetite.

pershoreharrier
Sponsors Milan Butterfield

Post by pershoreharrier » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Whilst being 2-1 down at half time was disappointing I believe in the second 45 we managed only one shot off target on the opposition goal.

Indeed the referee was poor but that does not mask the inescapable fact that no shots on target = no ability to win the game.

Our passing today at times was truly atrocious and our form is that of a team on its way to relegation. Thank goodness for those early season results for without those if we cannot lift ourselves out of this mess we would be serious relegation candidates.

We saw last season in the latter stages the combination between Bradley and Ironside playing as a unit up front. There was understanding between them so today we play Bradley our wide and look to Chambers to play off Ironside.

Telford up next - we surely must have improved in another week - a draw would be a good result based on our current abilities.

We are told we have a playing budget that would be competitive in the National League and a squad that has the ability to hold their own in the National League - sadly there also appears to be some missing ingredients to deliver the success those two positives would lead you to think were the basis of a winning team on the field of play.

Zorro

Post by Zorro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Flash's interview - right at the end:

(We need... )'A lot of teaching these players what the game is about'

Bit late for that with many of them. Many are already a bit long in the tooth. Can he not see that it is his philosophy that is killing them?

We have been going down hill every season since he took over for God's sake.
Last edited by Zorro on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zorro

Post by Zorro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Only Booed the Referee today. I have the official admission price league table based on most expensive adult price with 10 year old...
And what a great example that was to give your 10 year old.

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 pm

How did Sam Austin get the sponsors MOTM is he there son, him Weeks to name but two are not good enough. What did Austin do as I really didn’t see him contribute anything except one decent pass, Weeks cost the first goal why is he so deep , practically trying to playing behind the centre backs , why why do you try to dribble out of defence specially when your not that good at it. If you play further forward it prevents there midfield from being so far up the pitch, Crosedale never got caught out at the back like that, nope not good enough.

I totally agree referee was a disgrace all the terrible tackles from Boston and he gives a red card to Richards for telling him how poor his decision was for the penalty.

What happened in the tunnel?
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

HarrierN2
1st team
1st team

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Centre mid sounds like a real problem area. I think we should be focusing all our recruitment on that area, or moving Williams/Bradley into centre mid. We seem hopelessly lacking there and that's where games are won.

Mac
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Zorro wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm
Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Only Booed the Referee today. I have the official admission price league table based on most expensive adult price with 10 year old...
And what a great example that was to give your 10 year old.
My son did not come today. He had more sense and saved me some money. If booing at a crap ref is wrong shoot me dead!

My son plays youth football as a CB and has been told never to dribble out of defence. Maybe Declan needs to come to his training sessions?

The ways things are going there will be no fans at all singing or booing soon.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Well I will still be there!!!!!!!

pershoreharrier

Post by pershoreharrier » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Reality is of the last 11 league games we have played we have achieved 2 wins and 2 draws being 8 points from a possible 33 points.

We have 16 games left and on the basis of the above we will achieve 3 wins and 3 draws being 12 points from a possible 48 points on offer.

We currently have 37 points so once again on the basis of the above we will finish with 49 points - insufficient to reach the play-offs but enough to avoid relegation.

A small comfort perhaps but I am grateful for anything positive at the moment.

sandman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by sandman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Team lacking in confidence mess around with the ball at the back and gift average but hard-working side an early lead. Despite Ironside doing his best, we looked clueless in going for the second goal. Penalty looked dodgy, couldn't see whether Heaton won the ball. But we had plenty of time to reply and couldn't. Not sure whether the players are good enough this season to play this way anyway - some clearly aren't - but we are lacking in confidence and swagger to make it work. Telford will be looking forward to next weekend.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Disappointing today that Weeks, who has often been our best player, gifted them the first goal. The ref gave them the second - i thought that Heaton got the ball and their player came through Heaton.

It looked like their player dived to save the ball in their area but i did not see it properly. Overall the ref was poor though.

I thought that Ironside gave us so much more today. He holds the ball up and plays others in but Chambers was not close enough and his control and passing was poor. He should have gone off earlier. Clayton - Phillips looked very good and bounced up without anger when hacked down twice. I liked his attitude and ability. He will give us more than Richards or Chambers.

Medieval
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Medieval » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 pm

About the match, really disappointed in the performance, but the youngster looks quality.

Much as Chambers has a good work ethic, was very poor again today, would also like to see Bradley replace him, with Joe up front.

Can only hope things improve.

Robbo
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Robbo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Thought fylde and Harrogate over the last 2 years showed that you could play 'the right way' and win promotion, it can be done, the season why they achieved it was they had a backbone to there side, a bit of grit and to play the scruffy side as well if need be, word for the supporters today in the north stand, supporting the team for longer than 6 minutes might help, what do you expect them to achieve if you just abuse them all game, do it afterwards, give them a chance, hope some of them have put their cv's in for the managers job as they clearly know better, the season hasn't gone to plan, but right now everyone needs to pull together whether people like it or not and give the players the support they need because confidence looks so low and look scared to even walk on the aggborough pitch right now

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 am

Robbo wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:57 pm
Thought fylde and Harrogate over the last 2 years showed that you could play 'the right way' and win promotion, it can be done, the season why they achieved it was they had a backbone to there side, a bit of grit and to play the scruffy side as well if need be, word for the supporters today in the north stand, supporting the team for longer than 6 minutes might help, what do you expect them to achieve if you just abuse them all game, do it afterwards, give them a chance, hope some of them have put their cv's in for the managers job as they clearly know better, the season hasn't gone to plan, but right now everyone needs to pull together whether people like it or not and give the players the support they need because confidence looks so low and look scared to even walk on the aggborough pitch right now
Here here totally agree. A nice positive post for a change!