Bradley gone back to Fylde

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Bradley gone back to Fylde

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

I do recall CG saying that he would put 20% of any transfer fee back into the pot for player signings.

Whilst I would like to think KHFC have received £75K as a transfer fee for Bradley I think that would be far too optimistic and even with CG's undoubted skills in player agency matters I fear the actual sum could be very significantly less.

I also heard the £75K we paid for him was via a donation to sign him and did not therefore come out of club coffers but CG always gave the impression it was his (i.e.CGs) decision to sign Bradley. Such a decision is made easier when someone else is paying as I do not think for one minute CG would have spent that sort of money on a single player if it had been money from KHFC coffers.

I think a clearer picture will emerge when we see the return or sale of Williams.

If Williams goes I think it will indicate we have some very serious issues within the Club.

wymondham harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by wymondham harrier » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 pm

I think we regard ourselves as a "Family Friendly Club".

I hadn't realised this means we provide a convenient place of well-paid temporary employment for players who have family issues in this locality until such time as matters are resolved and they can resume their career elsewhere.

Bitter? Not really, as the consensus is that Bradley (when he was available) under-achieved here - but, I do think we have been mugged-off. I'm sure Colin has probably spat a few feathers.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 pm

I clearly know nothing about football - guess who I have in the Predictions League to score our first goal at Telford this Saturday - YES - Bradley!!!

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm

This bloke never stays long anywhere. I'm surprised that clubs keep falling for it.

I won't miss him. He never justified the fee we forked out. I wonder how much we lost on him?
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm

He moves back here to be near his home in Stafford due to his first born. Fair enough it's not too far away from Kidderminster.

Now for his second child he's going to commute to Preston/Blackpool every day. Sounds a poor excuse to me.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Do we even have Scouts at the Club anymore?

I would have thought there remit would be to look at location, how long players stay at a club etc..?

Or maybe not!

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Phil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm
He moves back here to be near his home in Stafford due to his first born. Fair enough it's not too far away from Kidderminster.

Now for his second child he's going to commute to Preston/Blackpool every day. Sounds a poor excuse to me.
From the Fylde website.....
Dan’s situation, fortunately for us, has now changed and this means he will now be moving up to the area with his family and will, in turn, become an integral part of the Coasters family as we push for promotion.”

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Northern Harrier wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm
Do we even have Scouts at the Club anymore?

I would have thought there remit would be to look at location, how long players stay at a club etc..?

Or maybe not!
At least he stayed with us 18 months, Adam Dawson only averages 18 days when he signs for someone.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Perhaps the fact that Bradley was unsettled was what has unsettled the squad generally over recent weeks leading to the poor results. Perhaps now that angle has been removed results will pick up? Unless of course there are other unsettled players...?

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 am

Money saved and gained with him going. I think we have a big problem financially. the way things are going are not good and that's all done down to one man.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 am

Zorro wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:38 pm
Perhaps the fact that Bradley was unsettled was what has unsettled the squad generally over recent weeks leading to the poor results. Perhaps now that angle has been removed results will pick up? Unless of course there are other unsettled players...?
Good thought about his affect on the squad. Added to the earlier comment about him not being a team player....

..we had a highly regarded player on big money who consistently underperfomed. For £75k in our league, we should have expected
a player who was MoTM most weeks (maybe performances similar to Ed Williams for a few weeks in the autumn). We had a
player whose form was such that he was unable to secure a regular position in the team. A player who successive management teams
were unable to get the best out of in a variety of roles.

There was visible frustration from Dan on many occasions. And regarding 'the team', there is often resentment or
feelings of unfairness if some players are paid much more than others when the quality of the performances on the field are no different.

The more I think about him leaving, the happier I am.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

We can't moan that we are not good enough and then moan when the not good enough players are moved on. Yes, maybe we never found his best position etc but he absolutely did not perform consistently. When the tough got going Bradley was found wanting.

We were lulled into thinking we were better than we were at the start of the season - thanks in part to Williams. The idea that a couple of tweaks would lead us to be a challenging side again is nonsense. The squad is inferior to what it was over the last two seasons. Recruitment and replacements have simply not been good enough. High earners haven't performed. We all want someone to blame and CG is the easy target. As with most things (Brexit.... ha ha) its often more complicated than we want to make out. He's not stupid. He knows mistakes have been made. Things haven't worked out. He takes some blame absolutely. Its his job to change things. Appoint the right manager and get better players in. What we get on here are a lot of "there's only one man to blame" comments and then the occasional silly statement like he should go etc. Then what???? Who is waiting in the wings?? No-one.

Some of you talk about possible player unrest. I am interested in where you get this from? There is a difference between open unrest and just a general lack of strong characters and adhesiveness in the squad. We were constantly being told by NM how he couldn't fault their effort. Does anyone else simply not buy this? Where are the leaders? O'Connor as one of the older players has disappointed me in this regard. Penn isn't involved in games so can't lead on the pitch. Who else is there? Horsfall is quiet. Johnson, I think, doesn't hide despite all the criticism he gets. Weeks has lost all confidence and isn;t tough enough. Austin gives it a go but is not physical enough. We are just not equipped to compete in this league. And the new players we brought in - Baxendale and Daniels - a stiff breeze would knock them down. We have too many players like this. We get closed down, bullied etc and we lose.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 am

Fair enough post.
However,who can you blame then if one man is making all the decisions including recruitment at the football club and is only going to play a certain style of football that the majority(like the brexit vote ha) believe will not progress the club out of this league?
One man has a vision which he wants everybody to support and believe in.
Sorry we are all individuals and all have our own thoughts.
Like brexit for example majority rule.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:30 am

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Phil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm

From the Fylde website.....
Dan’s situation, fortunately for us, has now changed and this means he will now be moving up to the area with his family and will, in turn, become an integral part of the Coasters family as we push for promotion.”
So it definitely wasn't an overnight decision then. He's been planning this for a while.

Maybe this was behind the recent bust up?

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am

Having had time to reconsider, I'm slightly more on side with it than I was. Colin, will all of his years of dealing with players, should have seen this coming. Bradley was known for his bad attitude, and the circumstances of him leaving before. We could have told him that. He's still a winner when he's happy, and good enough on his day to have got us up. This season, his form has been too patchy to be acceptable, for whatever reasons.

Regardless, the success of it will be decided by what happens next, some exciting signings would do it. There seems to be very little to be excited about at the moment.

Think my attitudes and feelings about stuff like this are underpinned by a dissillusionment with the club and what's going on at the moment. It does feel like the club is drifting until the end of the season, so to see that we are going to fight to get in the playoffs and go up would be good. Still don't agree with CG taking over until the end of the season - but there we are.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------