The run in games

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: The run in games

Post by Colgofray » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:31 pm

ograzebrook wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 am
Colgofray wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 am
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Chorley A - 0 points
I predict...
Spennymoor H - 3 points
Brackley A - 1 Point
Altrincham A - 3 points
Bradford H - 1 point
FC Utd A - 3 Points
Leamington H - 3 Points
Southport A - 0 points
Guiseley H - 3 Points

17 Points
Looks like a very optimistic points return to me. Think around 10 points would be a more realistic points haul from these games. However, if you're right Ograzebrook (and I hope you are), then 17 would almost certainly get us that final 7th berth play-off spot.
Presuming you posted before Spennymore, will you revise up your prediction Colgofray?
Hey, hang on a sec ograzebrook. I certainly won't be 'revising up' my prediction on the back of Saturday's win. As I said in my post, I certainly hope you are right and we can amass a further 14 points from our remaining games and make the play-offs. However, I'm surprised you've actually made these predictions. Looking back, your track record in the Predictions League at the beginning of the season was none too impressive i.e. only 1 point from the first 6 predictions you made. Nonetheless, I was disappointed that you chose to drop out of the PL so soon, though to be honest, my record isn't anything to write home about either :( . Perhaps we should take into account the current PL leader - Lovejoy. He's even more positive than you by predicting Harriers will win every game this month. Now that is confidence for you. Let's hope he's got it spot on. :D

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 pm

You've got me there. I'm sticking to my guns though.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 am

Chorley A - 0 points
Spennymoor H - 3 points
Brackley A - 0 Points (Predicted 1)
I predict...
Altrincham A - 3 points
Bradford H - 1 point
FC Utd A - 3 Points
Leamington H - 3 Points
Southport A - 0 points
Guiseley H - 3 Points

Only one point behind my esimations...I still think we are right in it.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:21 am

Just love your optimism ograzebrook πŸ˜‹

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 am

18 points to play for - if we win all games we will finish with 71 points - Chorley already on 73 so the only definite thing is we won't win the title - well not this year.

Just getting to the play-offs now would be an achievement although I have no real belief we would be promoted via them having seen the Chorley and Brackley performances and both of them will be play-off contenders.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am

Alty and Telford both have two games in hand and 3 points and 1 point respectively in front of us......The away game at Altrincham is pivotal; anything less than a win and its game over play off-wise......
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am

garthrockett wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am
Alty and Telford both have two games in hand and 3 points and 1 point respectively in front of us......The away game at Altrincham is pivotal; anything less than a win and its game over play off-wise......
Indeed - pivotal is the word, just as Spennymore was, and we got through that one. Believe.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am

pershoreharrier wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 am
18 points to play for - if we win all games we will finish with 71 points - Chorley already on 73 so the only definite thing is we won't win the title - well not this year.

Just getting to the play-offs now would be an achievement although I have no real belief we would be promoted via them having seen the Chorley and Brackley performances and both of them will be play-off contenders.
We've played a blinder in making them both think we are weak and thus luring them into the trap of false expectations. We will rise like a phoenix from the flames in the play offs.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 am

I'd be amazed if we made the play-offs.

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am

After we beat Nuneaton I had a look at the run in games and where each team was in the table and unfortunately couldn't see us making it. Not a lot has happened since to change that view I'm afraid.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am

We've played a blinder in making them both think we are weak and thus luring them into the trap of false expectations. We will rise like a phoenix from the flames in the play offs.
Sadly not so Owen - we did not play a blinder making them think we are weak - we are just simply weak.

In previous seasons when we have achieved the play-offs I have thought we stood a decent chance of winning the games and progressing. This season it is different - the achievement will be just reaching the play-offs - progressing beyond that is way beyond optimistic bearing in mind we won't even have a home advantage.

Reality is we have finished lower in the league in the last four seasons and I am desperately trying to find something that will make me think we are going to reverse that gradual decline. I must admit that at the moment I am struggling.

wymondham harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by wymondham harrier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 pm

On the plus side, we shall all have the chance to watch a bit of early-season cricket this year.

Every cloud, and all that.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Sadly not so Owen - we did not play a blinder making them think we are weak - we are just simply weak.

In previous seasons when we have achieved the play-offs I have thought we stood a decent chance of winning the games and progressing. This season it is different - the achievement will be just reaching the play-offs - progressing beyond that is way beyond optimistic bearing in mind we won't even have a home advantage.

Reality is we have finished lower in the league in the last four seasons and I am desperately trying to find something that will make me think we are going to reverse that gradual decline. I must admit that at the moment I am struggling.
Seems like they have played a blinder on everyone... :shock:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 pm
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Seems like they have played a blinder on everyone... :shock:
Owen you definitely need to attend an away game and soon?

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 pm

The last time we were excellent away from home was at Telford. Excellent defensive performance where the three central defenders were Horsfall Heaton and Higginson.