Harriers Voice......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Harriers Voice......

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat May 08, 2021 7:49 am

I emailed them as a season ticket holder for 20-21 on 29th April at the info@harriers.co.uk address - the one given on the official website.

No reply. Not even a holding email.

EDIT - reluctantly, I think it's time to pester them on social media about these issues.
Sam

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Sat May 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Edgar T Peaceful wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:49 am
I emailed them as a season ticket holder for 20-21 on 29th April at the info@harriers.co.uk address - the one given on the official website.

EDIT - reluctantly, I think it's time to pester them on social media about these issues.

Patience Edgar, patience....you are only a ST holder after all, AND It's not the 6th Friday of the month yet.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sat May 08, 2021 5:17 pm

I e-mailed on Friday 18-12-20 with a query on the home game attendence situation, merchandising and a suggestion of a revenue stream and to date have not received an acknowledgment or reply.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 pm

While appreciating these are unprecedented times, what is going on at the club is something of a mystery to me at the moment. Clearer communication would be helpful.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am

I was of a mind to write off the cost of the season ticket, as a sort of default donation to the club. BUT, the deafening silence from Aggborough is now starting to become irksome and I'm not feeling quite so kind-spirited towards the club. As previously mentioned, even a holding message would be welcome. It is usually about this time of year that the club are encouraging supporters to buy "early bird" season tickets which of course helps with cash flow through the close season, but no not a word.

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Mon May 10, 2021 12:14 pm

koro wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am
I was of a mind to write off the cost of the season ticket, as a sort of default donation to the club. BUT, the deafening silence from Aggborough is now starting to become irksome and I'm not feeling quite so kind-spirited towards the club. As previously mentioned, even a holding message would be welcome. It is usually about this time of year that the club are encouraging supporters to buy "early bird" season tickets which of course helps with cash flow through the close season, but no not a word.
Sheff and I had the exact same conversation last week. The longer it goes on, the more I’m moving away from donating last seasons cost completely and the more I’m moving towards rolling it forward / asking for a refund. I fully appreciate some staff may have been furloughed and the owners have undoubtedly put large sums in to the club to keep it going over the past 18 months, but the lack of comms regarding options, given the season ended 3 months ago, does smack of not understanding the importance of the fans to a club of our size

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:34 pm

Lack of Comms about anything is moving me away from regular attendance when we are allowed back in . I am usually very supportive and positive, but why the complete disconnect with supporters, customers even.....
Wait until they start asking for the townfolk to back them in numbers approx 1 week before the season starts. Do they not realise that supporters by then will have lost faith and goodwill. They will ask for supporters to flock back in numbers, come on, at least treat us with respect.
There seems to be a complete breakdown in communication, but where does the breakdown occur, who knows.......

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Tue May 11, 2021 12:08 pm

I’ve sent the above three messages or so to Monica. She replied very quickly and was apologetic. I’m told there will be something (hopefully) by the end of the week. Board met yesterday, communication drafted, and hopefully the final version released by the end of the week. Here’s hoping. 🤞

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks Aberred.

When there is silence for sometime, we tend to fill in the gaps.

Does anyone know if Richard Lane is actively looking to get others onto the board of directors? Is Neil Male paid for the interim CEO role he has? One would assume so. Interim - I wonder how long he intends to do this job? Or wants to do it?

We seem to have three active personnel at the top of the club; RL, MS and NM. Correct me if I am wrong, and this is not a criticism, but all of them appear to have many other business and professional commitments. Again, I may be wrong here and would be interested in the opinions of others, but many other non-league clubs seem to be ran by "love the club" sort of people who are able and willing to spend large amounts of time keeping on top of things. I am not trying to say that RL, MS and NM are not capable of keeping on top of things (they seem to be successful and proficient business people) but in terms of their time, thoughts and hours I wonder how much KHFC gets. Again, I am not moaning. RL has put his money in and deserves credit for that. And given the covid crisis I expect they have been busy ensuring their main businesses are coping. But we just appear somewhat thin on the ground in terms of person hours at the club. For example, do any of the three main players work out of KHFC / Aggborough / COSE? Of course, in today's remotely connected world perhaps that's not important. But when it all kicks off again I am interested to know who is on top of things day to day at Aggborough towers. I assume the handful of FT employees are furloughed? One would assume and hope that RL, NM and MS meet regularly to discuss strategy etc (but the lack of comms recently makes some fans think not?). And Russ Penn's note to the Norwegians says we have 14 signed players so its clear that Russ and the board have been discussing the squad (it does seem somewhat of a shame that the management team feel they can only go to supporters in another country to get an ice machine bought....).

Bit of a ramble that...

Interested in others thoughts.

Hopefully, some updates this week will get us all focused on watching some live football at Aggborough.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 pm
Thanks Aberred.

When there is silence for sometime, we tend to fill in the gaps.

Does anyone know if Richard Lane is actively looking to get others onto the board of directors? Is Neil Male paid for the interim CEO role he has? One would assume so. Interim - I wonder how long he intends to do this job? Or wants to do it?

We seem to have three active personnel at the top of the club; RL, MS and NM. Correct me if I am wrong, and this is not a criticism, but all of them appear to have many other business and professional commitments. Again, I may be wrong here and would be interested in the opinions of others, but many other non-league clubs seem to be ran by "love the club" sort of people who are able and willing to spend large amounts of time keeping on top of things. I am not trying to say that RL, MS and NM are not capable of keeping on top of things (they seem to be successful and proficient business people) but in terms of their time, thoughts and hours I wonder how much KHFC gets. Again, I am not moaning. RL has put his money in and deserves credit for that. And given the covid crisis I expect they have been busy ensuring their main businesses are coping. But we just appear somewhat thin on the ground in terms of person hours at the club. For example, do any of the three main players work out of KHFC / Aggborough / COSE? Of course, in today's remotely connected world perhaps that's not important. But when it all kicks off again I am interested to know who is on top of things day to day at Aggborough towers. I assume the handful of FT employees are furloughed? One would assume and hope that RL, NM and MS meet regularly to discuss strategy etc (but the lack of comms recently makes some fans think not?). And Russ Penn's note to the Norwegians says we have 14 signed players so its clear that Russ and the board have been discussing the squad (it does seem somewhat of a shame that the management team feel they can only go to supporters in another country to get an ice machine bought....).

Bit of a ramble that...

Interested in others thoughts.

Hopefully, some updates this week will get us all focused on watching some live football at Aggborough.
my thoughts are we are generally lucky to have rl & the board here. hes put money in and steered the ship in very testing times. Had a bit of a dip in form on the field just before lock down but i am hopeful for the season ahead.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:04 pm

aberred wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:08 pm
I’ve sent the above three messages or so to Monica. She replied very quickly and was apologetic. I’m told there will be something (hopefully) by the end of the week. Board met yesterday, communication drafted, and hopefully the final version released by the end of the week. Here’s hoping. 🤞
In what sort of business does it take several days for a draft press release to be released after several weeks of silence and delay on it?

That question's a bit rhetorical.

We're a sixth tier football club. Not a FTSE 500 company or a government department, with all the levels of bureaucracy of both. It should have been announced on the same day that the decision was made. We are, once again, over complicating things in my opinion by pretending we're something we're not.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Harriers are not a FTSE500 company but it is an organisation owned by an individual. It is not surprising that any major announcement needs to be approved by that individual. I suspect that it is not a question of over inflation of self importance but more an issue of ‘finding the time’ to deal with KHFC issues. I think that Sheff has hit the nail on the head. The problem is with people at the helm, understandably, having competing priorities. From the letter to Norway, there seem to be lots of good news stories going on - unfortunately they are not being communicated.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am

aberred wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Really good that you have this line of communication in and out the club and your updates are much appreciated.

Unfortunately, the rest of the fanbase, season ticket holders in particular are being treated with complete and utter contempt with the ongoing silence.

If a communication was worded as long ago as last week why hasn't it been released?
The clubs PR is incredibly poor and shows no sign of improvement.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm

There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Wed May 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Is this Friday the 6th Friday of the month or am I mistaken?