West Ham game hospitality

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

West Ham game hospitality

Post by Murphy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Please tell me the rumour is crazy when I was told that the hospitality package is £350 per person for the game. Surely this can’t be true?

P.Underwood
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: West Ham game hospitality

Post by P.Underwood » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:36 pm

Christ 🙈 I only paid £150 for England v Denmark Euros semifinal

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:03 pm

Murphy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 pm
Please tell me the rumour is crazy when I was told that the hospitality package is £350 per person for the game. Surely this can’t be true?
I'd been told it was closer to £250 each - and that hospitality had been sold out already.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Murphy wrote:
£360 + VAT for our usual table so £432. I’ll be staying at home and watching on tv

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm

I say charge as much as they like- people will pay it (I wonder if Karen Bradey will be up there). I don't get why you'd want to be in there anyway when you could be in the stands where the real atmosphere is

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:45 pm

harry211 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:03 pm
Murphy wrote:
I'd been told it was closer to £250 each - and that hospitality had been sold out already.

If true, why has hospitality been prioritised over stadium tickets?

I wonder if the delay is because the two clubs can’t reach some kind of agreement on pricing structure?

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:46 pm

It does make me bristle slightly that there will be plenty of folk there that can flash the cash and we won't ever see them again. Hopefully the money made is invested wisely.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:06 pm

If it follows that the pricing algorithm in the suite is also followed through for the ordinary fans on the terraces/stands then could this be the first time a stadium has only held away fans?

All 6,500 West Ham fans

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am

Murphy wrote:
I've done corporate/box once at Leeds, even though it was pleasant, give me going in the stand and utter limbs for a goal any day of the week.
I think people are underestimating the increases, I doubt it will put people off and club are within their right to maximize on revenue, given we probably wont have another plumb tie of this magnitude for at least a decade. People paid £28 to sit in the main stand for Reading don't forget.

If we don't hear about the tickets today I would be very concerned. I phoned the club twice yesterday and no answer. Its 15 days till the game.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 am

tonythescout wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am
Murphy wrote:
If we don't hear about the tickets today I would be very concerned. I phoned the club twice yesterday and no answer. Its 15 days till the game.
Perhaps the game's being played behind closed doors after Reading and the club's forgotten to tell anyone.

Or maybe Karen Brady wants to use the game for an Apprentice task next week where the usual band of clueless idiots in Next suits will decide the pricing structure.

Alternatively they could come up with a security/stewarding strategy. Even they might do a better job with that one. :lol:
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 am

harry211 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 am
tonythescout wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am
Murphy wrote:
Perhaps the game's being played behind closed doors after Reading and the club's forgotten to tell anyone.

Or maybe Karen Brady wants to use the game for an Apprentice task next week where the usual band of clueless idiots in Next suits will decide the pricing structure.

Alternatively they could come up with a security/stewarding strategy. Even they might do a better job with that one. :lol:
LOL

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 am

I'm afraid it says everything about our somewhat self-effacing leader that the fat cats are catered to first and the mere long-suffering fan is left in the dark. Not only have we heard nothing yet about how season ticket holders will be rewarded for their years of loyalty to the club but there has been no attempt to reinstate specific seats for ST holders meaning that there is a long process of queuing followed by a general stampede to get somewhere close to one's favourite spot and one's mates while people one has never seen before and will never see again after Feb 5th fill up the best seats.

Our leader does not care about us at all. Everything he does is about corporate sponsorship and keeping the elite happy. That's why he hates KHIST, because it represents the ordinary fan who kept this club going through difficult times (fact, not opinion). I will think long and hard before renewing my 2 season tickets in the summer. Right now I can see no great advantage in it and I don't feel my presence is valued at all.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:42 am

Harry Aire wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 am
I'm afraid it says everything about our somewhat self-effacing leader that the fat cats are catered to first and the mere long-suffering fan is left in the dark. Not only have we heard nothing yet about how season ticket holders will be rewarded for their years of loyalty to the club but there has been no attempt to reinstate specific seats for ST holders meaning that there is a long process of queuing followed by a general stampede to get somewhere close to one's favourite spot and one's mates while people one has never seen before and will never see again after Feb 5th fill up the best seats.

Our leader does not care about us at all. Everything he does is about corporate sponsorship and keeping the elite happy. That's why he hates KHIST, because it represents the ordinary fan who kept this club going through difficult times (fact, not opinion). I will think long and hard before renewing my 2 season tickets in the summer. Right now I can see no great advantage in it and I don't feel my presence is valued at all.
Come on Harry, this is not a new thing where ST holders are not reserved seats for cup games....this is old news, it's the nature of these things. It doesn't reflect on how the owner views you. Thats a 1 + 1 = twelvty calculation. The corporate stuff will be easier to sort out and therefore will have been done and dusted. Its a case of name a price and sell them. The wider ticket sales are more complex for reasons we've been through already.

Just be a happy pleb for goodness sake. Your face may be smeared in mud, but your team is in the 4th round!

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am

Harry Aire wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:31 am

doesnt care - what a load of {expletive deleted} {expletive deleted}.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 am

centreforeword wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 pm
Murphy wrote:
£360 + VAT for our usual table so £432. I’ll be staying at home and watching on tv
£432 for your usual table split between how many people? Surely not £432 per person!!!

I am beginning to have a bad feeling about terrace and seat ticket prices for this game - initially I thought it might be £30 for a seat now I am thinking it may be £50 - cheap if you are a West Ham supporter I suppose.