Total votes: 25

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 13-08-22 Leamington (H)

Post by Jackygold55 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am

Kiddywolves wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:15 am
no longer a Kidderminster Harriers fan.. after arriving inside the ground i was unable to purchase any drinks. why? The club is now a card only stadium. nothing outside the ground saying this, nothing on the tickets stating this either. on the hottest day of the year. i was unable to buy a drink. kids with only cash was unable to buy drinks. the k2 stewards who was drinking bottled water were very unhelpful and in fact a waste of space. i was informed i could leave the ground to buy a drink. but would not be allowed back into the ground. no drinks allowed through turnstiles on entry. Leamington fans was sent into the North Bank. the commercial side of this club is a joke.. and for that reason. i will now support a more fan friendly club. that appreciates every paying customer and there needs.
Drinks were allowed through turnstile. Me and my dad brought a 1 ltr each, my friend 2 500ml bottles etc. North stand might've been different but for east you could get through.

Kiddywolves
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Kiddywolves » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:58 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 am
The club have publicised that it is now a cashless stadium. Perhaps better signage needed. I am surprised that adults are not able / willing to be cashless but agree that for kids coming on their own it's far from ideal. Really disappointing that the club / caterers couldn't have shown a little more foresight and common sense given the weather yesterday and been proactive with water/ given some out. I had no problem taking my own water into the ground although I wasn't allowed to take in a cold can of pop.
thanks , on the 1 occasion i did not have my card, as a hot day wearing shorts, i decided to leave my wallet in my car, and put a 20 pound note in my short pockets, if there was some signage outside the ground and on the match ticket. this unfortunate event would not have happened and i could have stayed and watched the match. maybe some free water for the kids on hot days in the future. as KIDS do not have credit cards and watch the match without adults present. also let away fans have this information, or some free water for them also. the stewards also need to know where the away fans enter the stadium. not sending them into the north bank. also never any stock in the club shop. commercially the club is under performing, there will be more K2 security in the stadium than fans soon..

Kiddywolves
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Kiddywolves » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:03 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am
Kiddywolves wrote:
no longer a Kidderminster Harriers fan.. after arriving inside the ground i was unable to purchase any drinks. why? The club is now a card only stadium. nothing outside the ground saying this, nothing on the tickets stating this either. on the hottest day of the year. i was unable to buy a drink. kids with only cash was unable to buy drinks. the k2 stewards who was drinking bottled water were very unhelpful and in fact a waste of space. i was informed i could leave the ground to buy a drink. but would not be allowed back into the ground. no drinks allowed through turnstiles on entry. Leamington fans was sent into the North Bank. the commercial side of this club is a joke.. and for that reason. i will now support a more fan friendly club. that appreciates every paying customer and there needs.
Drinks were allowed through turnstile. Me and my dad brought a 1 ltr each, my friend 2 500ml bottles etc. North stand might've been different but for east you could get through.
so the North Bank fans are treated different, fantastic

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:13 pm

maxspeed wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am
Kiddywolves

That's a shame, don't you carry a credit/debit card?

I must admit I haven't had cash in my wallet for several years, there are very few places that don't accept plastic, it's the way the world is going, soon everyone will carry a cash card to pay for small stuff like newspapers drinks and small items that you top up credit from a ATM its not just Harriers.

Like it or not we are heading for a cashless society.
Some people like me prefer to take a £10 or £20 note in their pocket to go and watch a footy match. Buy a pint / coke with it and maybe some chips or burger on way home.

Losing my £10 or £20 note is not a huge deal but losing my debit card could lead to my account being fleeced for a lot of money before I know it. Crazy...

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Kiddywolves wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:03 pm
Jackygold55 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am
Kiddywolves wrote:
so the North Bank fans are treated different, fantastic
Given the consistent troubles in the north stand last few years, I'm not surprised it's different.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Mac wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:13 pm
maxspeed wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am
Kiddywolves

That's a shame, don't you carry a credit/debit card?

I must admit I haven't had cash in my wallet for several years, there are very few places that don't accept plastic, it's the way the world is going, soon everyone will carry a cash card to pay for small stuff like newspapers drinks and small items that you top up credit from a ATM its not just Harriers.

Like it or not we are heading for a cashless society.
Some people like me prefer to take a £10 or £20 note in their pocket to go and watch a footy match. Buy a pint / coke with it and maybe some chips or burger on way home.

Losing my £10 or £20 note is not a huge deal but losing my debit card could lead to my account being fleeced for a lot of money before I know it. Crazy...
I think I'm right in saying that you are not liable for any loss incurred on a credit card provided you advise your bank as soon as you discover the loss, I think it's the same with a debit card, so it's actually less risky that losing cash where there is no come back. Plastic is the way banks want peeps to go now, like it or not, its the future.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:37 pm

I do sympathise with the guy who is no longer going to com to support KHFC. I have lost count of the number of times the officious/office/security side of this club has totally pee'd me off too. Sometimes it's as if they regard the supporters as the enemy. Common sense and good humour would have sorted this in a moment but it always seems to be in short supply among the employees. I guess they are poorly paid individuals lacking the ability to solve human problems but it is a persistent culture that needs to be addressed but probably won't be. Now if you were a corporate sponsor...

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:42 pm

I can understand why the club want to go cashless, from an admin point of view, it has to be the way forward, once fans get used to it, it will be accepted I'm sure. On a slightly different aspect but the same subject, why don't the club go the whole hog and have card readers at the turnstiles for fans who aren't ST holders??

EDIT sorry this is taking the thread off topic.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:06 pm

My first viewing of the new team. The only familiar starting faces being Foulkes, Richards and Hemmings from last season.

I was very impressed by the fast paced passing on a fantastic surface which centred on Nathan Lowe. I can't remember a Harriers player having as many touches in a game as he did. Due to the nature of the game, we saw a lot of our midfield and forwards, so judgment is reserved on our new centre backs, but if the management team consider them better than Nathan Cameron then I am happy. Also congratulations to the players in maintaining such a fast pace, in the heat, rather than resorting to a pre-season friendly type tempo.

Very sadly can't make Tuesday due to holiday commitments. I'd hoped for a bigger attendance yesterday, but presumably many away on holiday now.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

TomLong78
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TomLong78 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:09 pm

On the subject of the stewarding yesterday, we stayed behind after the final whistle to clap the players and management, only to find ourselves being asked to leave, and shepherded out of the stadium at haste, as the players reached the North Stand to take our applause.

I get that the stewards are probably under instructions to get the ground clear of fans reasonably promptly, but it didn’t feel like a great experience to end the day on when you want to show your appreciation of the team’s efforts…

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

It was noticeable that hardly any supporters stopped to clap the players off.

We need to let the club know about these issues.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:35 pm

I always enjoy the first game back of a new campaign, before frustration and dissapointment sets in come Xmas..... :D
Initial thoughs; the pitch looks absolutely superb, well done the groundmen (KHFC or Wolves) it must be a pleasure to play on it.
Stood in the cool on the East stand prematch and couldnt help but wonder at the eyewateringly expensive pie, gravy and cheese.....£8. Jeez. :shock:

The game itself was far higher in tempo than I expected in the heat, although hopes of Leamington running out of steam came to nought.
As last year, with a 4-5-1 we really need to untilise width, and although Richards proved our most useful outlet, I felt we missed Penny on the other side; I like Foulkes as a utility player, but he cant beat his man and that pass back from wide became his only option as the match wore on.
Cissey is not a central forward and although a handful for any opposition reamians unpredictable, though he improved with Freemantle taking over up front.
Lots has already been said about another striker, but in reality whats now the options? a proven striker isnt going to sign up to sit on the bench and an unproven kid on loan from the league has rarely worked out.
TOE reminds me of Kyle Storer in his play, and although its early days Id like to see him taking the ball further forward with the Lowe-Byrne duo more than capable of holding things together behind him.
NKP and Pearce looked solid, although there was one instance where the Leamington striker left the former for dead pace-wise. We might have to watch our positioning against some of the faster forward lines.
Interesting to see if Russ swops a few around on Tuesday after the heat yesterday.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:31 pm

Must say all this cashless business does sound a bit of an inconvience, being someone who prefers to carry cash for my programme. Additionally them cracking down on bringing in drinks. Someone who always likes to bring in a couple of cans of fizzy drinks, as no way I'm queuing or paying the prices inside.

Wasn't planning on attending as much this season, but was planning on heading up for Peterborough Sports later in the month. Having a rethink now. Sounds an awful lot of hassle.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:32 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Yes, I was a bit disappointed that the fans didn’t stay to applaud the players. Not sure why they didn’t. Maybe we need a decent victory to restart that excellent rapport between players and fans.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Cal's Spongebag wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:32 pm
Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Yes, I was a bit disappointed that the fans didn’t stay to applaud the players. Not sure why they didn’t. Maybe we need a decent victory to restart that excellent rapport between players and fans.
Many were instructed to leave the premises prematurely