Who's signed up for the 2018-2019 Squad

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Who's signed up for the 2018-2019 Squad

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

That's Brandon Hall signed up, so we now have our first choice keeper and defence all signed for next season:
Hall, Taylor, Horsfall, O'Connor and Vaughan.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: 2018-2019 Squad

Post by Phil » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Don't forget Sam Austin :roll:

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Tue May 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Great news on Brandon signing, probably the best keeper at this level.
Does anyone have a definitive list of players signed up for next season and beyond?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue May 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Does anyone have a definitive list of players signed up for next season and beyond?
Question already asked here: http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10619

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Brandon Hall

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 am

Signed up for next season.

Good.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Thu May 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Phil wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:Does anyone have a definitive list of players signed up for next season and beyond?
Question already asked here: http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10619
Or here

Signed are
Austin
Bradley
Croasdale
Hall
Horsfall
Ironside
O'Conner
Taylor
Lee Vauighan
Weeks
Thats 10 at the moment but who knows how many will be here at season start?

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Who's signed up for the 2018-2019 Squad

Post by garthrockett » Thu May 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Austin
Bradley
Croasdale
Hall
Horsfall
Ironside
O'Conner
Taylor
Lee Vauighan
Weeks
presuming of course that someone doesn't come in and pay cash for one or two of the above??
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 am

S2RKK wrote:
Phil wrote:
Or here

Signed are
Austin
Bradley
Croasdale
Hall
Horsfall
Ironside
O'Conner
Taylor
Lee Vauighan
Weeks

The only addition to that list would be Sonupe - I would release the rest !!

N'Gwatala -- something of a luxury player, and if he isn't played in a central role tends to disrupt the team shape - he's no use as a wide player. Brilliant ball player but can easily be marginalised by the opposition and doesn't convert enough of his chances.

McQuilkin -- Not at his best in the later stages of the season, fantastic worker, but the team needs something different in midfield ( a more physical presence) - too much like the rest of the midfield.

Brown -- Had his chance - doesn't work hard enough off the ball and seems to have lost a yard of pace. Must be better prospects out there, suspect attitude.

Digie -- Not dominant enough aerially and lacks spacial awareness - also prone to costly errors (lunge for the pen against Salford) very similar to Ty Williams, is he the longest serving player at the club - chances of progressing further ???

Pearson -- Much better at RB than in the middle - but unless Harriers go three at the back he's surplus to requirements, just not quite good enough.

Truslove -- Injury prone, which is a big negative in such a tiny squad - never got going last season - new face required.

N Vaughan -- Too old now and won't change his PT status.

Plus any others (trialists and the nobodys out on loan) who were signed up in last summers disastrous recruitment programme.

Harriers desperately need new blood to give some competition to places - reluctantly some players have to make way.

But the biggest impetus would be new management ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
S2RKK wrote:
Phil wrote:
Or here

Signed are
Austin
Bradley
Croasdale
Hall
Horsfall
Ironside
O'Conner
Taylor
Lee Vauighan
Weeks

N'Gwatala -- something of a luxury player, and if he isn't played in a central role tends to disrupt the team shape - he's no use as a wide player. Brilliant ball player but can easily be marginalised by the opposition and doesn't convert enough of his chances.

McQuilkin -- Not at his best in the later stages of the season, fantastic worker, but the team needs something different in midfield ( a more physical presence) - too much like the rest of the midfield.

Brown -- Had his chance - doesn't work hard enough off the ball and seems to have lost a yard of pace. Must be better prospects out there, suspect attitude.

Digie -- Not dominant enough aerially and lacks spacial awareness - also prone to costly errors (lunge for the pen against Salford) very similar to Ty Williams, is he the longest serving player at the club - chances of progressing further ???

Pearson -- Much better at RB than in the middle - but unless Harriers go three at the back he's surplus to requirements, just not quite good enough.

Truslove -- Injury prone, which is a big negative in such a tiny squad - never got going last season - new face required.

Plus any others (trialists and the nobodys out on loan) who were signed up in last summers disastrous recruitment programme.

Harriers desperately need new blood to give some competition to places - reluctantly some players have to make way.

But the biggest impetus would be new management ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
Do you not think Pearson and McQuilkin for example would be worth keeping as backup players?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 am

Harrier1994 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
S2RKK wrote:
Phil wrote:
Or here

Signed are
Austin
Bradley
Croasdale
Hall
Horsfall
Ironside
O'Conner
Taylor
Lee Vauighan
Weeks

Do you not think Pearson and McQuilkin for example would be worth keeping as backup players?[/quote]

For the reasons given - NO

New blood is required IMO - In Supamac's case the midfield needs some muscle - Weeks & Croasdale are better versions of the same 'type' - a bit more height wouldn't go amiss.

In Pearson's case I just think there must better out there, more dominant at set pieces either end of the pitch.

For me I would bring in a better Daley (big guy) to play alongside Horsfall and push O'Connor into midfield as a minder. Harriers are suspect aerially at set pieces - far to many examples to mention.

But that's only my opinion - I know there's lots out there that will say JE should keep the whole squad for next season, so that we can make the play offs again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Thu May 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Would like to see Digie & Truslove stay.
See what Digie can do as he is still relatively young & inexperienced.
Truslove is just the player we need, always looks initially for a FORWARD pass, shame if his career is blighted by injury.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu May 10, 2018 5:22 pm

I'd like to see Pearson stay. I think he is an excellent player. His versatility may be a negative for him in terms of selection, but he provides cover all across the back four.

I'd keep Truslove. He has an eye for goal and is an excellent passer.

Nothing I have seen in Digie suggests we should keep him, but maybe nerves played a part in his poor showings? He must be capable of better.

I'd keep Elton because he will always attract attention from other clubs.

Macca has had a poor season, but he was excellent last season and is always the first to sign his contract. I presume him not already being signed up may indicate he won't be offered a contract.

Both Elton and Macca played 44 games. You have to have someone to replace those games.

What we don't know is which contracted players (if any) are off. You can only imagine a couple will go, so I'd tend to play safe and get the above signed up. Better the devil you know and we don't want a repeat of the beginning of last season.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Already tied to deals for 2018/19
Brandon Hall
Nathan Vaughan
Tom Palmer
Lee Vaughan
Jimmy O’Connor
Joel Taylor
Fraser Horsfall
Sam Austin
Ryan Croasdale
Declan Weeks
Dan Bradley
Joe Ironside
Emmanuel Sonupé

Offered terms for 2018/19
Kennedy Digie
Liam Truslove
Andre Brown
James McQuilkin
James Pearson
Elton Ngwatala

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Is it just me or have we got exactly the same squad as last season?

Will there be no money left in the coffers for improvement?

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 pm

No-one released then!
Offers made to those out of contract and only Elton likely to move on.
Leaves us with a squad of 19 if all bar Elton sign up so I would expect a few additions to make the numbers up to 22.
At least we're not having to rebuild from scratch again so we should hit the ground running come August.