Harriers Fan Club

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Harriers Fan Club

Post by Lovejoy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 pm

A group of supporters have launched a new fan club.
First I've heard of this, does anyone have any idea where this came from.

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2018/08/02/supporters-launch-fan-club/

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Harriers Fan Club

Post by DownTheLine » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Well, the “liaison” for the board meetings is a coach employed by the club/Academy and the treasurer is his wife.........

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Jesus Christ. Very concerned.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:41 pm

A rather blatant attempt to marginalise KHIST??

Born out of frustration??

Otherwise I fail to see the point.

A club the size of KHFC needs TWO fan clubs??
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Would be interested in Aberred's and Lovejoy's views on this as it would appear reconciliation between KHIST and CG has been abandoned which I think is a very great shame.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:41 pm

I don’t know anything about this new group. It appears as though relations between khist and the club are at an all time low. CG’s spoken before about feeling there are certain people within khist with an agenda against him.

He was also really annoyed that KHIST held a World Cup event on the same day as the club were having one, providing competition with the Arms.

Will be interesting to see what happens next, and how/if the new group takes off. They’ll certainly get more access anyway.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:42 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:28 pm
Would be interested in Aberred's and Lovejoy's views on this as it would appear reconciliation between KHIST and CG has been abandoned which I think is a very great shame.
Though i'd just leave this email from CG here (written in the past two weeks).

"With regards to KHIST, once again you are completely mis informed. They have now told me in no uncertain terms that they no longer want a relationship with the club. I begged them to bury the hatchet and be the link between the fans and the club, they sadly declined. Dave Seddon was at that meeting and he will verify the fact.
I have been told that all money collected by the KHIST lottery will be put aside in the hope that KHIST can one day bail the club out. Not one penny of our supporters money will come to the club.
"The golden gate lottery is not in competition with the KHIST lottery” those are Dave Williams words not mine.
I have on two separate occasions invited KHIST back onto the club board in a more limited capacity, the offer has been declined.
Once again Jack people are only getting half the story. It suits certain disgruntled old men to keep it that way. Its very sad but we have to move forward.
The club could do with the 50k that KHIST are holding in their slush fund at the moment and after all it is our supporters money that is intended for the club.
I truly believe the only time KHIST will be happy is when they are running the club. I would love to know however how they plan to run a club with an annual expenditure of £1.4m with £50k? They should take a look at Worcester city and be careful what they wish for."

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:13 pm

It’s clear that the main ongoing issue here is one of control and a lack of influence/ interference

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:28 pm

I've had a bit of time to consider this, and had a look through the comments here and on Facebook - and it's good to see I'm not the only one concerned.

This is the boldest, most brazen move by Colin since he took over. Not only is it an attempt to create an "approved" fans' voice, but also another attempt to divide and rule. It's reminiscent of the UDM being created with its links with the Thatcher government. His name isn't on the release, but it doesn't have to be. I wonder what the FSF make of it.

It's clear from looking at the list of names on it that it's been cooked up inside the club. When social media drives and dominates so much organising today, I'm surprised we've not heard a sniff of it on Facebook, Twitter or here.

Let's break it down. Why does Colin need to do this? He doesn't need the fans as we're often reminded. For me - it all comes down to being seen to be consulting and open. It could be potentially very interesting when it comes to getting the new ground through. I believe there's a need on moves like this to show that you have consulted the fans (or stakeholders) affected as part of the planning process (can somebody confirm?) . By creating an "official" fans group, when it goes forward to the Council, he can say he's secured the backing of the supporters trust...knowing what their line is anyway.

On top of this, he can obviously try and run KHIST out of town, which would be a travesty. The goalden gate precipitated this, but I don't think anybody saw it coming. The timing for this is dreadful, two days before the season kicks off.

A fans association has to be independent, and has to stand up for supporters. It can't sit in every board meeting and nod things through on principle, which it's clear is what Colin wants. Access is nothing if it is used as a sham.

I can understand people's willingness for others with concerns to meet Colin, but I'm still bemused by the total acceptance of everything he says. He's a football agent. One of the most persuasive types in the business. Can go in and walk out with 20k a week more than they went in with. Without any disrespect to fans, he's a good talker. Why wouldn't he be able to talk concerned fans round?

One of the things Colin's right about is that £50k won't bail out the club, but let's face it - KHIST will be needed one day for it. How he's managing on a PR level to square the new ground "dream", while he admits we haven't got enough cash for an assistant manager I don't know. It surprises me that alarm bells don't ring for more fans with KHIST saying they don't want anything more to do with the club, if this is true. They're not exactly a bunch of radicals, they sat on the Harriers board for long enough. They've probably got good reasons.

It's up to fans whether they want to support it. I'd heavily question their motives if so. Personally I'll be renewing my KHIST membership, looking at taking out a direct debit for the draw (for the first time) and offering to help if I can. On their part, KHIST have to be bold, pro-active, and clear with what they believe. I've criticised them in the past but they need our support now. I'd urge others to do the same.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
As I put in the opening post Pershore I know nothing of it and asked if anyone else had any knowledge.

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by AGKman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am

Jackygold55 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:42 pm
I begged them to bury the hatchet and be the link between the fans and the club, they sadly declined. Dave Seddon was at that meeting and he will verify the fact.
I'd feel a lot better if Dave Seddon actually did confirm or deny this
Born Green & White; will die Red & White

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Watch out Phil! The next thing may be a rival on-line Fans Forum. :( However, this one may well be moderated by someone who'll not permit any form of criticism of the club. Just a thought!

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Quite the most depressing thread I've ever read on here. Once again we, the ordinary fans, are at the mercy of half-wits and egomaniacs. I will not be joining the stooge fan club and I am equally baffled by KHIST's attitude. If the above is anything to go by we really don't have much of a future. Some people could organise a civil war on a desert island and would rather win their little quarrel than seek strength in unity. I think we're doomed, as Fraser would say.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:05 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:

"With regards to KHIST, once again you are completely mis informed. They have now told me in no uncertain terms that they no longer want a relationship with the club. I begged them to bury the hatchet and be the link between the fans and the club, they sadly declined. Dave Seddon was at that meeting and he will verify the fact.
I have been told that all money collected by the KHIST lottery will be put aside in the hope that KHIST can one day bail the club out. Not one penny of our supporters money will come to the club.
"The golden gate lottery is not in competition with the KHIST lottery” those are Dave Williams words not mine.
I have on two separate occasions invited KHIST back onto the club board in a more limited capacity, the offer has been declined.
Once again Jack people are only getting half the story. It suits certain disgruntled old men to keep it that way. Its very sad but we have to move forward.
The club could do with the 50k that KHIST are holding in their slush fund at the moment and after all it is our supporters money that is intended for the club.
I truly believe the only time KHIST will be happy is when they are running the club. I would love to know however how they plan to run a club with an annual expenditure of £1.4m with £50k? They should take a look at Worcester city and be careful what they wish for."
If indeed this email is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, then a distinct lack of clarity from KHIST to the fans on the reason behind such a stance is not a good thing.
I thought KHIST were the voice of the fans yet from what I have seen and experienced with them it is a very poorly run organisation with an agenda against CG. (Which seems to be born out in the above email)
If KHIST have a grudge then the least they can do is make a statement and come clean about the reasons behind it.

My guess for the this new fans club being set up is to give fans a voice and I welcome it, especially as KHIST appear to be unwilling to converse with CG, So come on KHIST let us know your reasons for rejecting CG.

{admin edit: inserted missing 'no'}

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:05 pm
Jackygold55 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:

If indeed this email is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, then a distinct lack of clarity from KHIST to the fans on the reason behind such a stance is not a good thing.
I thought KHIST were the voice of the fans yet from what I have seen and experienced with them it is a very poorly run organisation with an agenda against CG. (Which seems to be born out in the above email)
If KHIST have a grudge then the least they can do is make a statement and come clean about the reasons behind it.

My guess for the this new fans club being set up is to give fans a voice and I welcome it, especially as KHIST appear to be unwilling to converse with CG, So come on KHIST let us know your reasons for rejecting CG.

{admin edit: inserted missing 'no'}
This was a long email from CG after the Alvechurch pre season game.

Happy to forward email onto anyway who wishes to see it all. However, most of it was to do with Alvechurch game. This was the only segment upon which we discussed KHIST. This was also the last email he sent to me (didnt get a reply to the next one), so i assume this was quite an angrily written email.