Harriers Fan Club

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Fan Club

Post by harry211 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am

Absolute disgrace. Sad that Colin's ego has brought them to this.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am

Couldn't agree more Harry - very sad indeed. :( Players come and go - as most certainly do chairmen. True fans stay loyal and remain for the long run - the bad times as well as the good.
Thanks KHIST Board members and other volunteers for all the hard work and time you give. You deserve so much better than this.

Watch out folks! There's a cuckoo in the Harriers nest.

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:30 am

I was absolutely stunned at the news that KHIST has "thrown in the towel", assuming of course that it's true. I find it desperately sad that after all the hard work done by them in the face of some totally unjustified criticisms they should be forced to bend the knee. It is not often I'm at a loss for words but in this instance I truly am.

Having viewed the latest propaganda from Gordon, with his own contradictory views, I was of the opinion that he was yet again digging his own grave. Overall for me it was not about winning some spurious argument; it was more about laying solid foundations for the club's future, something that was obvious to me but not others. I am inordinately proud to have been able to take part in past fundraising events. The simple task like being a bucket shaker outside the town hall for me generated a true sense of club intertwined with community which was never stronger. And the unsung heroics of dedicated KHIST members who tramped many arduous miles, which my wife and I felt privileged to have joined, for the good of others. In my brief tenure as a KHIST board member I was greatly in favour of the setting up of the lottery to be used as stated from day one, now seemingly all lost in the smug smile of the chairman.

I really can't believe this has happened.
The older I get, the better I was.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am

And I was on the verge of signing up for KHIST, having printed off the forms and then subscribing for the lottery - I was waiting for the anniversary date(end of the month) - I think I will still join anyway. Not a gambler by nature - but happy to have put in a tenner a month in support of what KHIST were all about.

Feel very guilty that I didn't join up long ago ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :crying:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am

I wish KHIST would change their minds and keep the lottery going. There must be a resolution somehow, and hopefully talks can happen that means everyone can move on.

We need some mediation!

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am

I don’t know Colin nor the Khist board members very well but I am a former director and a member of Khist and would be happy to try to mediate in a face to face meeting if parties thought that would help.

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by AGKman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 am

I'm actually very, very concerned about the timing of the decision to pull the KHIST Lottery, given the 'clarification' issued by the club over the weekend to the end that the Lottery money hasn't reached the club for 16 month - FOR WHATEVER REASON. Might it be that there were more Lottery players not aware of that fact than is being assumed on here?

As for those very few suspicious accounts bashing KHIST in favour of the new Fan Club, what absolute rubbish. That's exactly why we are in this mess. Why hell can't there be ONE can club/trust? Surely there can't be a necessity for two.
Born Green & White; will die Red & White

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 am

centreforeword wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am
I don’t know Colin nor the Khist board members very well but I am a former director and a member of Khist and would be happy to try to mediate in a face to face meeting if parties thought that would help.
Likewise I am a former director who renewed his KHIST membership a couple of months ago having let it lapse and I would be happy to try and assist in anyway in any mediation discussions to resolve this very sad state of affairs.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 am

aberred wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am
I wish KHIST would change their minds and keep the lottery going. There must be a resolution somehow, and hopefully talks can happen that means everyone can move on.

We need some mediation!
Aberred - we have not always agreed on matters KHFC and I know you are a supporter of CGs aims and ambitions for the Club and to a degree his modus operandi but on this issue you are absolutely right and I am pleased to support your view.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:43 am

I think this has now been talked to death trying to resolve this issue. I myself have held the bucket done the fundraising etc in the past. However as I have said before personal issues have got in the way here. Everything was fine until about 16months ago . KHIST always handed over cheques regularly and there was no back stabbing. I feel now starting a fresh with a new fans club is the way forward. If you want to join you can if you don't you don't simple!!!!! Same as if you comment on here !!!!!!! Also Colin Gordon is marmite but I'm personally glad he came along or there would be no harriers let alone a fan club. GIVE THE MAN A BREAK!!!!!!

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks Pershore.

The collapse of the club/khist relationship is so disappointing. I don’t understand why khist seemingly don’t support CG’s vision for the club, I certainly haven’t seen anything in print as to why. I also wonder how many lottery players didnt know money wasn’t going to the club?

Anyway, a line needs drawing in the sand, and hopefully progress can be made. In my mind, the club is probably at its strongest it’s been for some time in terms of a vision and model for progress. For relations to die when the potential of what can be achieved would be very sad.
To me it’s very simple: Believe in the project, get everyone pulling in the same direction, momentum builds, success is acheived. It’s very easy.
There is huge potential at our club, and given the right support (from everyone) then we can go on to great things.

As for mediation, I’m not in a position geographically or indeed qualified in any business way to be able to help, but if you’re happy to contact the relevant parties Pershore/Centreforward then hopefully we can have a last throw of the dice at this.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 am

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am
I think this has now been talked to death trying to resolve this issue. I myself have held the bucket done the fundraising etc in the past. However as I have said before personal issues have got in the way here. Everything was fine until about 16months ago . KHIST always handed over cheques regularly and there was no back stabbing. I feel now starting a fresh with a new fans club is the way forward. If you want to join you can if you don't you don't simple!!!!! Same as if you comment on here !!!!!!! Also Colin Gordon is marmite but I'm personally glad he came along or there would be no harriers let alone a fan club. GIVE THE MAN A BREAK!!!!!!
My thoughts are sort of along these lines. I dont really mind if KHIST carries on or if it changes to another name with new people. As long as the club gets the same support, it matters not. Way too many agendas - even that recent KHIST statement strays into opinionated and accusational tones. I've not been impressed with any of the recent KHIST statements if I'm honest.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 am

A key thing not mentioned here is, what happens to KHIST now? How does it fundraise without access to the ground and now no lottery?

Is this the end or will the supporters save their trust? I for one will take out my first ever KHIST membership today in the hope that the ego doesn't trump the fans. I hope others follow suit.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:05 am

ograzebrook wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 am
offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am
My thoughts are sort of along these lines. I dont really mind if KHIST carries on or if it changes to another name with new people. As long as the club gets the same support, it matters not. Way too many agendas - even that recent KHIST statement strays into opinionated and accusational tones. I've not been impressed with any of the recent KHIST statements if I'm honest.
This is quite true.

But khist saved us at one point and we as a club owe them. They've proved loyal to the club beyond any entity that CG can muster up and to thrown them under the carpet would be unethical and quite clearly the wrong decision.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:09 am

KHIST saved us with OUR money!!!!!!