Harriers Fan Club

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Fan Club

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:09 am
KHIST saved us with OUR money!!!!!!
Are you actually on this new fan club?

You joined up two days ago, I'd like to see what vested interest you have. Whatever it is, you use far too many exclamation points!!!!!!

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am

offers wrote:
Don't know where to start with this bypassing of logic.

Yes...but if they hadn't. Who else would have?

As for them being more politicised and having a view on things - that's the point!! They're independent of the club. They don't have to agree with what's going on and are custodians of that fund. They have to spend it as they see fit and hold the club to account. Not to just fulfill the pie in the sky whims of whichever tyrant is in charge.

If you don't agree, it's a member led organisation - vote them out!
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am

Do KHIST members want the lottery to end, I very much doubt it. Shouldn't the KHIST board have asked their members first before making a decision?

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 am

I suspect the lottery has been ended to prevent KHIST accumulating a pot of money that it can’t do anything with......the club wants it with no strings attached, KHIST want a say in how in how it’s spent.
A possible solution would be for KHIST to ask its members if they are happy to funnel money into the club with little or no say on how its used.......whatever the answer KHIST will have an indication of what sort of relationship their members want KHIST to have with the club.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 am

Jackygold55 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am
offers wrote:

You joined up two days ago, I'd like to see what vested interest you have. Whatever it is, you use far too many exclamation points!!!!!!
My vested interest is I have supported this club for over 40years and will continue to do so and my main interest is in the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :comeonharriers2:

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:51 am

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 am
Jackygold55 wrote:
offers wrote:

My vested interest is I have supported this club for over 40years and will continue to do so and my main interest is in the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :comeonharriers2:
So you're not involved with the new fans club/CG? You certainly write as though you do. Of course, my apologies if that isn't the case.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 am

No not yet!!!!!

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm

This whole thing is complete farce and being handled the wrong way from both sides (statements, videos, conjecture and emotion)

Seems to me egos need to be checked at the door (from all parties) and just start again. KHIST have made tremendous contibutions to the club (not just financially) and it's a real shame to see the lottery wound up and thier involvement in the club reduced.

Just get around the table and sort it out like adults, keep the main objective (success for the club on and off the pitch) at the front of mind and both sides be prepared to concede a little.

Seems an easy start has been suggested on here already, CG can present a list of projects requring different levels of investment (repairs, upgrades, new signing etc) and KHIST members can vote if they want to contribute or cover the cost with lottery money.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 pm

1. Why have KHIST decided to stop the lottery? The statement does not answer this one bit
2. What do KHIST board plan to do with the funds they currently have in the bank if they are not prepared to use it to benefit the club, which is surely what every single donation, lottery ticket and membership was provided to do
3. Is KHIST being wound up, because it certainly feels like that to me?

No one is coming out of this very well at all, with all parties at risk of alienating the normal fan. Surely there must be some middle ground and perhaps it needs someone slightly removed to try and act as an intermediary.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm

millzeuk wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 pm
No one is coming out of this very well at all, with all parties at risk of alienating the normal fan. Surely there must be some middle ground and perhaps it needs someone slightly removed to try and act as an intermediary.
I totally agree with this.

As someone who is a season ticket holder and also attends a significant number of away games I have no idea who any of the individuals involved with KHIST are nor have I ever spoken with CG so I tend to view the exchanges as in interested independent observer.

My thoughts are that the whole episode is somewhat childish and appears to be focused on personality clashes rather than resolving issues.

I find it all a bit tiresome and as a result my view of KHIST is vastly diminished. I understand and appreciate the history linked to what they have done in the past however time moves on. There are plenty of examples where people/groups have saved clubs and then have later fallen out of favour when the goals have changed. It happens. It is not a slur on any individual or disrespectful of what they have achieved previously it is simply that times change.

If businesses don't adapt they will fail. If certain groups don't feel they can also adapt to reflect this then they should be replaced or reinvented. Anything else is destined to end in failure.

If people want to continue being at loggerheads with each other to the detriment of the club then that is a very sad state of affairs and not something I will be looking to support.

Perhaps the silent majority (?) should start making themselves heard a little more?

Jock
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Jock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:22 pm

offers wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 am
Jackygold55 wrote:
offers wrote:

If ,as you say, you have supported this club for over 40 years then you must have noticed the time,effort and energy KHIST members have put in over the years to raise funds for YOUR club. To blindly say "KHIST saved us with OUR money" is I believe disrespectful to all hard work people have put in over the past years. And if it wasn't for KHIST YOU may not have had a club to support.

And have you phoned CG as he is looking for people to contact him and ask him the question "what can I do to help you?" From your comments you would appear to be an ideal candidate.

Shep
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Shep » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm sure that referring publically to a legally constituted Supporters Trust as a bunch of "disgruntled old men" is not the way for Mr Gordon to win hearts and minds. Just saying,like
Together We can make a Difference

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Could we have a little respect for others views please. No one on here is an enemy of the Harriers, the fans or of any of us personally.

Just discuss the information please.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Here here. We are all harriers fans no matter what .And in answer to a previous question yes I did speak to Colin Gordon at the forum. The forum that 50people attended which is provided by the club to ask all these questions. As far as this topic goes that's it from me
Absolutely sick of it. Good luck tonight to our team and manager

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Mayo wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm
This whole thing is complete farce and being handled the wrong way from both sides (statements, videos, conjecture and emotion)

Seems to me egos need to be checked at the door (from all parties) and just start again. KHIST have made tremendous contibutions to the club (not just financially) and it's a real shame to see the lottery wound up and thier involvement in the club reduced.

Just get around the table and sort it out like adults, keep the main objective (success for the club on and off the pitch) at the front of mind and both sides be prepared to concede a little.

Seems an easy start has been suggested on here already, CG can present a list of projects requring different levels of investment (repairs, upgrades, new signing etc) and KHIST members can vote if they want to contribute or cover the cost with lottery money.
But this happened a few weeks, CG invited KHIST for a meeting, KHIST were offered to attend board meeting in a reduced capacity. That sounds like movement from the club but KHIST were not prepared to meet in the middle.

Sounds like a lot of grandstanding from KHIST.