Bradley gone back to Fylde

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Bradley gone back to Fylde

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am
We can't moan that we are not good enough and then moan when the not good enough players are moved on. Yes, maybe we never found his best position etc but he absolutely did not perform consistently. When the tough got going Bradley was found wanting.

We were lulled into thinking we were better than we were at the start of the season - thanks in part to Williams. The idea that a couple of tweaks would lead us to be a challenging side again is nonsense. The squad is inferior to what it was over the last two seasons. Recruitment and replacements have simply not been good enough. High earners haven't performed. We all want someone to blame and CG is the easy target. As with most things (Brexit.... ha ha) its often more complicated than we want to make out. He's not stupid. He knows mistakes have been made. Things haven't worked out. He takes some blame absolutely. Its his job to change things. Appoint the right manager and get better players in. What we get on here are a lot of "there's only one man to blame" comments and then the occasional silly statement like he should go etc. Then what???? Who is waiting in the wings?? No-one.

Some of you talk about possible player unrest. I am interested in where you get this from? There is a difference between open unrest and just a general lack of strong characters and adhesiveness in the squad. We were constantly being told by NM how he couldn't fault their effort. Does anyone else simply not buy this? Where are the leaders? O'Connor as one of the older players has disappointed me in this regard. Penn isn't involved in games so can't lead on the pitch. Who else is there? Horsfall is quiet. Johnson, I think, doesn't hide despite all the criticism he gets. Weeks has lost all confidence and isn;t tough enough. Austin gives it a go but is not physical enough. We are just not equipped to compete in this league. And the new players we brought in - Baxendale and Daniels - a stiff breeze would knock them down. We have too many players like this. We get closed down, bullied etc and we lose.
I agree with a great deal of your post Sheff but in terms of responsibility of events at KHFC then in my opinion that lies with CG alone and no-one else.

I accept that he will make good decisions and poor decisions (as we all do) but he cannot be insulated from the criticism when a poor decision is made.

The way the Club is now structured the idea of collective responsibility through the Board of Directors is a thing of the past. I am not overly sure what impact any of the Directors have in terms of decision making at the Club. It seems to me that all control lies with CG and that he appears to control all areas without exception. With that goes the praise when things go well and the disappointment when things don't.

I am sure many of us would be delighted to be singing CGs praises - I would be - but this cannot be on an unconditional basis.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 am

Pershore - I agree entirely with what you have just said. Maybe I wasn't clear, I am not saying don't criticise. I just get a little bored with it at times because we are where we are in terms of ownership for the foreseeable. He is not evil. He wants the club to do well but yes, he is the only person steering what is happening. Some of the things that have happened I support. We have a bunch of people who will moan at everything. Keeping talk to on the pitch then yes, there is a lot to moan about and assuming CG is heavily involved in player recruitment he should absolutely take some responsibility and criticism.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:20 am

Player recruitment

Since CG has been in charge has either manager (JE & NM) had any influence in the final say on who comes 'in' ??

The story about Keane turning up for training and JE asking who the hell he was was seems to indicate where the buck stops.

I too, am struggling to see who else has responsibility and therefore ultimately the blame for the bad decisions in who signs for KHFC.
-
This thread is focused on Bradley - but there is a litany of dubious signings under Gordon - O'Connor, Vaughan, Johnson, Penn, Daniels, Baxendale -and that's just the current squad !!

It really is laughable to be looking for some body else to hold to account - Colin Gordon is in charge of everything now, there's no hiding place for the blame or the credit( should it all come good)

Admitting you have made mistakes is all very well - unfortunately it does nothing to placate the fans or improve the performances/results when the early errors are compounded by further errors of judgement in player recruitment.

Promises, promises,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, - it's all looking like KHFC is imploding.

Down a hole, which maybe 'black' or in the case of Alice's rabbit another colour in Wonderland.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 am

He's back!!

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 am

Going back to the main theme of this thread i.e. Dan Bradley. Just a few personal thoughts.
Initially, I was really pleased when it was announced that we had signed Bradley as I felt he was indeed a class player who would add much to the team. However, I was always sceptical about the £75k we supposedly had paid for him. At the time, Tunnicliffe had moved to Fylde on a free but understand Harriers were entitled to a significant 'development' sum on which neither club could agree. Hence it was going to be decided by a tribunal. We then signed Bradley with the supposed £75k tag. I believe (and am not alone in this) that no sum was probably ever paid and that both parties came to an agreement that a simple exchange of players would satisfy both clubs. Unfortunately when Bradley came to us he was far from fit and spent the first three months recovering from injury only making cameo appearances. It was only at the beginning of 2018 that he began to feature more regularly. Sadly, neither JE and NM could determine where his best position was and, therefore, we have only seen glimpses of his true ability.
From watching his video on re-joining Fylde, it is crystal clear that he manufactured this move himself and was well aware at the end of last week that the Boston game would be his final appearance in a Harriers shirt. Knowing that he didn't want to be here anymore, CG had little choice but to let him go. I just hope he got a few bob for him, but I wouldn't hold my breath - yet another 'undisclosed fee.' At least it will free up his wages so that a replacement can be brought in, but then again nothing would surprise me at the moment.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:11 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 am
Pershore - I agree entirely with what you have just said. Maybe I wasn't clear, I am not saying don't criticise. I just get a little bored with it at times because we are where we are in terms of ownership for the foreseeable. He is not evil. He wants the club to do well but yes, he is the only person steering what is happening. Some of the things that have happened I support. We have a bunch of people who will moan at everything. Keeping talk to on the pitch then yes, there is a lot to moan about and assuming CG is heavily involved in player recruitment he should absolutely take some responsibility and criticism.
Sheff I am totally with you and believe me I also get bored with it at times and of course CG is not evil. I for one am very frustrated and disappointed and yes my priorities are being sustainable and delivering via our first team on the pitch the entertainment and promotion we all crave. I just see us getting a first team that is weaker and weaker and promotion back to the National League slips further and further beyond the horizon and I do not see any actions that are likely to change that.

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am

Should we have bought Bradley in the first place? No - a luxury player that some rated and some thought we could never properly accommodate.

Should we sell him now? Probably Yes - as he's not the difference this season or last between promotion or not and I don't think we'll ever accommodate him

However I see it as symptomatic of the wider malaise of the club. No idea of a plan, no idea of best team, manager, formation. Signing of ageing players on longer contracts that don't cut the mustard and an interfering chairman that ties the managers hand behind his back through desire to play 1 way and 1 way only.

Lots of people feeling the lack of love for the club. The club is going 1 way and looks to alienate fans, not engage.

This sale (whilst I don't disagree with it - assuming it's to do with a good transfer fee, rather than cutting costs as we're financially struggling) just is us throwing in the towel on the season. We've done that too many times recently, with relegation, and losing our best players to other clubs. It's just rinse and repeat.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

kiddy guy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am
Should we have bought Bradley in the first place? No - a luxury player that some rated and some thought we could never properly accommodate.

Should we sell him now? Probably Yes - as he's not the difference this season or last between promotion or not and I don't think we'll ever accommodate him

However I see it as symptomatic of the wider malaise of the club. No idea of a plan, no idea of best team, manager, formation. Signing of ageing players on longer contracts that don't cut the mustard and an interfering chairman that ties the managers hand behind his back through desire to play 1 way and 1 way only.

Lots of people feeling the lack of love for the club. The club is going 1 way and looks to alienate fans, not engage.

This sale (whilst I don't disagree with it - assuming it's to do with a good transfer fee, rather than cutting costs as we're financially struggling) just is us throwing in the towel on the season. We've done that too many times recently, with relegation, and losing our best players to other clubs. It's just rinse and repeat.
For once I am in agreement with you !

Are you still watching games, Guy ?

Or are you one of the disaffected/disillusioned who have found other things to do on match days?

The next home game against Alfreton will show just how much the current malaise (as your call it) is affecting support for the club.

Something has to change.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:54 am

I really doubt its anything to do with throwing in the towel. Colin said that the league is wide open this season and I think that thinking led to him feeling he had no choice but to sack NM and now shake things up.

I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:05 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Phil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm
He moves back here to be near his home in Stafford due to his first born. Fair enough it's not too far away from Kidderminster.

Now for his second child he's going to commute to Preston/Blackpool every day. Sounds a poor excuse to me.
From the Fylde website.....
Dan’s situation, fortunately for us, has now changed and this means he will now be moving up to the area with his family and will, in turn, become an integral part of the Coasters family as we push for promotion.”
Correct! Fylde insist now that players MUST live within one hour travelling time from the club. This is FACT

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Comes across as the big I am on the video. Also showing off his new breast implants. Obviously paid too much here lol.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 pm
I clearly know nothing about football - guess who I have in the Predictions League to score our first goal at Telford this Saturday - YES - Bradley!!!
My choice is Waring - for every game in January. :crying:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Medieval wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 pm
I clearly know nothing about football - guess who I have in the Predictions League to score our first goal at Telford this Saturday - YES - Bradley!!!
My choice is Waring - for every game in January. :crying:
Thank goodness - I thought it was just me who knew nothing about football. :comeonkiddy:

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:00 am

As both Bradley and Waring are no longer Harriers players you can change your nominated scorer guys. Simply edit, re-post or pm me 😋.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 am

Colgofray wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:00 am
As both Bradley and Waring are no longer Harriers players you can change your nominated scorer guys. Simply edit, re-post or pm me 😋.
Hmmmmm.....
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin