Maxwell back. As expected

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: Maxwell back. As expected

Post by harriershane » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:55 pm

He’s certainly an interesting option, especially IF Milan stays. I imagine it would be difficult to make Milan, Prosser, Maxwell and Montrose fit into a central three, so if Luke does have the ability to play centre back, could he start there and advance into midfield whilst we attack? It’s certainly shaping up to be half decent so far
He who dares...wins

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:16 pm

I suspect some of us may be over-thinking it a bit, though I could be wrong.

The midfield is very much the engine room of a team. And with 46 league games, plus cup games, plus some players with injury histories, you're going to need some rotation. Additionally, Russ highlighted the need for a competitive squad.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm

I would not expect any manager to say they have a squad incapable of competing.
Yes i suspect some people are over thinking.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 pm

muse_harrier wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:48 pm
I would not expect any manager to say they have a squad incapable of competing.
Yes i suspect some people are over thinking.
Not competitive in that sense, muse harrier. As in the sense of competition for places.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:07 pm

It would be nice to know when we expected to start the season and the procedures in place before supporters can even think about attending games.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:34 am

Why hasn't Milan signed yet? Like Williams, I expect him to leave. And like Weeks we shouldn't mourn players leaving you have contributed to our mediocrity.

Quality goalkeeper please.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:07 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:34 am
Why hasn't Milan signed yet? Like Williams, I expect him to leave. And like Weeks we shouldn't mourn players leaving you have contributed to our mediocrity.

Jimmy discussed Milan in his interview, he basically said the offer is on the table and we won't forfeit any compensation from him leaving so it will come down to whether clubs want to pay that fee. Can't see the Milan issue being resolved anytime soon.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Harrier1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:07 am
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

Jimmy discussed Milan in his interview, he basically said the offer is on the table and we won't forfeit any compensation from him leaving so it will come down to whether clubs want to pay that fee. Can't see the Milan issue being resolved anytime soon.
I didn't understand that part at the time listening to the interview, in all honesty.

So Harriers have a clause where they're entitled to a fee if he leaves, even though he's out of contract?! Seems odd.

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:17 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Harrier1994 wrote:
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

I didn't understand that part at the time listening to the interview, in all honesty.

So Harriers have a clause where they're entitled to a fee if he leaves, even though he's out of contract?! Seems odd.
I believe it is a general rule that applies where a player under the age of 24 turns down a qualifying contract offer from the previously contracted club to take up an offer from another club - the new club pays a compensatory fee. As was the case when Jordan Tunnicliffe left.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:27 pm

jamestheimpaler wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:17 pm
TWG85 wrote:
Harrier1994 wrote:
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

I believe it is a general rule that applies where a player under the age of 24 turns down a qualifying contract offer from the previously contracted club to take up an offer from another club - the new club pays a compensatory fee. As was the case when Jordan Tunnicliffe left.
Ah, OK. Cheers, James.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm

jamestheimpaler wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:17 pm
TWG85 wrote:
Harrier1994 wrote:
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

Except we never got it. Allegedly