Harriers Voice......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Harriers Voice......

Post by garthrockett » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:38 pm

posted today on the website.

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2020/12/17/harriers-voice-launched/

“Inclusion and diversity is an issue deeply embedded in society, but at Kidderminster Harriers FC we want to be leaders and innovators in addressing it, and we believe this is a great first step."

An Inclusion obviously excepting the Supporters Trust judging by the statement......... :roll:

Comments?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Voice......

Post by harry211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Oh good. Groundhog Day on this issue. Let's prepare to repeat the same points we made in October.

Some bits jumped out.

"There has been a commitment to improve transparency and openness, with a belief that actions also speak louder than words."

Has there?! When was this shown?

"Set up a dedicated Diversity & Inclusion Committee that can regularly meet with Board members to discuss issues specifically related to equality."

These are just words. What does this actually mean?! We had a player given a slapped wrist when accused of homophobia. Really?

This is an attempt to formalise the sidelining of KHIST, and again the funds issue is being mentioned directly. I find the insinuation about the money slightly nudge and a wink on the edge of accusing KHIST of improper financial conduct, and ergo libel. It's odd that the club, as far as KHIST has told us, refuses to meet them.

If I was advising KHIST, I'd be tempted to suggest that they release correspondence between the two parties, which I would hope shows that the trust has been acting in good faith and attempts to reconcile differences have been in that guise.

Somewhere, on one side or another, someone is refusing to play ball. Who is it? Let's have the evidence rather than innuendo.

If not, this will put KHIST into irrelevance.

Interesting that our non-exec director is leading on this. And days after a lengthy thread on here about the club not engaging effectively with fans over commercial issues.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:09 pm

It seems unwise to open a wound at this moment. But this is what that does!

I am not convinced the club have been particularly responsive to KHIST. Maybe because of CG’s influence.

In an ideal world we have a situation where the club say “we have a number of capital projects we’d like to fund. Dear KHIST, please choose one of these to support us on.”

KHIST consult members/fans and we all donate / fundraiser for a common goal.

Alas, over the years this hasn’t really happened has it? The club have seemed to want money for unspecified projects and, I think fairly, KHIST have objected. Round we go.

The club statements seem to big themselves up somewhat. I struggle to see quite the success that they portray although will admit I don’t know the extent of the situation they walked in on. 6 or 7 out of 10 for me so far. I’m grateful we have a club. I do think this latest statement would have been better with mention of khist completely omitted. There will always be a dose of scepticism about this sort of stuff given what has happened over the last few years. I will use the dedicated email address as and when and then judge for myself based on the responses.
Can’t help thinking they’d please more folk if they told us what the next home game would look like.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Agree totally. My question to a friend who told me about it was "Why now?". It's a week until Christmas. Why can't this wait until the New Year? Reopening old wounds is a great way of putting it Sheff.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Okay, whos gonna be first and email about why we cant buy a club scarf and a hat for crimble? :rolllaugh:

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:44 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:38 pm
posted today on the website.

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2020/12/17/harriers-voice-launched/

“Inclusion and diversity is an issue deeply embedded in society, but at Kidderminster Harriers FC we want to be leaders and innovators in addressing it, and we believe this is a great first step."

An Inclusion obviously excepting the Supporters Trust judging by the statement......... :roll:

Comments?
For a club who are apparently so keen on communication and going public about doing the right thing I can only say that my own personal experiences make a mockery of these claims.

"As a Board we have talked about wanting to raise standards of communication across all areas of the football club, and this is putting that commitment into action."

The club and specific individuals have the copies of the correspondence I have sent so let's see if this commitment actually results in actions being taken and is not just another in what so far appears to be a long list of virtue signalling platitudes.

As I have been fairly critical of the club in recent times regarding their communication I will, in the interest of fairness, commit to set the record straight on here if they do end up rectifying the matter.

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Harry Err - as the club says, actions speak louder than words. I hope you do hear from them satisfactorily, and soon. I have thought that, generally, the club’s statements (when they have made them) have been good up to now. I am very disappointed that they have felt the need to prod the KHIST wound again and struggle to see how (regardless of who has been right and wrong) that can help to be inclusive of fans

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Poor and needless dig from the club. They made it quite clear weeks ago where the relationship was with KHIST, so why say anything else!

I’d rather they cracked on with communicating to us all what is going on for the Telford and Hereford games. As a season ticket holder I’m not concerned about not getting a ticket, but I’ve a number of friends I go with that will be keen to make arrangements

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 pm

How unfortunate the new people at the helm seem so determined to completely alienate it's very own supporters trust and more than likely it's 400 plus members, which is around one third of the clubs average home attendance.

I find Monica Shafaq's comments about having no expectations of KHIST financially supporting the club a little odd coming so soon after KHIST were known to be the biggest contributor to the ' boost the budget ' fundraiser.

It is my understanding KHIST handed over a four figure sum to KHFC.

The club are without doubt attempting to marginalise KHIST and cause a pointless split in the fan base.

striker1
Youth team
Youth team

Post by striker1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 am

A paltry £1K donation when KHiST have, so I’m told a bank balance of over £40,000 which was raised by our fan’s who thought that their donations would benefit our Club in good faith. Totally wrong that KHIST should be ‘judge and jury’ and in my opinion they should pass these funds onto the Club as intended by those that contributed.
Failure to do so doesn’t bode well for their future. If they can’t engage with the Club, hand over any funds they are holding and disband as they no longer, so it appears, have any intentions of supporting the Club.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 am

striker1 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 am
A paltry £1K donation when KHiST have, so I’m told a bank balance of over £40,000 which was raised by our fan’s who thought that their donations would benefit our Club in good faith. Totally wrong that KHIST should be ‘judge and jury’ and in my opinion they should pass these funds onto the Club as intended by those that contributed.
Failure to do so doesn’t bode well for their future. If they can’t engage with the Club, hand over any funds they are holding and disband as they no longer, so it appears, have any intentions of supporting the Club.
£1,000 is a significant amount of money and i am sure the club were grateful to receive it at the time.

It is worth keeping in mind that not that long ago KHIST handed the club £9,000 to fund a lift to be installed in the Aggborough suite and to this day this has still not been fitted.

On the strength of this, can they be critisised for being careful with their members funds?

Anyone unsure of the trusts intentions to build bridges with the football club, it would be worth spending £1 to join KHIST and read through their monthly board meeting minutes, it seems they have reached out to KHFC on a number of occasions over the last year or so and been given the cold shoulder.

I am utterly convinced RL and NM have had their thinking coloured by our outgoing owner.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am

striker1 wrote:
Are you familiar with the KHIST constitution?
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

MDJB
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by MDJB » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am

Here we go again, one of the usual suspects coming out of the woodwork to give KHIST a kicking given any opportunity.
Regarding Boost the Budget, it seems rather criminal that the money raised would have been matched by now had the team not succumbed to two clubs two levels below us in the only cup competitions that bring cash rewards.
What wasted opportunities. Probably KHIST’s fault eh striker1?

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:34 am

The definition of a Supporters Trust:
"an independent, democratic, not-for-profit, community-based organisation that seeks to give fans a collective voice in the running of the club."

Some terms may have more relevence that others to our situation.
"Independent" is possibly the problem the club seems to have with KHIST.
KHISTs "collective voice" can be anything from owning shares, owning the club outright, or a seat on the board.

I have no axe to grind for or against KHIST. I was a member until dear old Steve Millington passed away, but left soon afterwards.
As with any organisation there are factions who are more radical that others, who might be more placid when it comes to dealing with the club.
The club themselves invariably also have differing opinions on the role of a supporters trust as various board members, owners and Chairmen change over the years.
It appears that the club, from the recent statement, dont really want a "hands on " approach from the Trust.
Whatever your thoughts, its their club (at the moment), so fair enough.
The trust meantime can therefore continue quietly using funds raised to aquire shares, until such time the custodians of the club cannot afford to ignore the wishes of an emerging major shareholder.

Thats where we are at the moment......

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:43 am

Morgan wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am
striker1 wrote:
Are you familiar with the KHIST constitution?
As requested in recent KHIST communications, any/all enquiries by its' members should be directed to admin@khist.org.uk where a Board member will get back and respond as soon as possible. Be mindful that comments made on other social media outlets need to be regarded as being from non-KHIST members who are probably unaware of the KHIST Constitution.
Last edited by Colgofray on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.