Harriers Voice......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers Voice......

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Morgan wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:16 pm
tonythescout wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:39 pm
its alright morgan, theyve only whacked in a load of money to keep the club afloat, perhaps you would want monthly videos?
I would want someone interested in the club and it’s community, not employing homophobes and still planning to move out of town to make millions of pounds at the expense of KHFC as we knew it, but I guess you can’t have everything.
Nothing worse then an owner moving a football club out of its community, reminds me of those poor Meadowbank Thistle fans who lost their club in Edinburgh.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:11 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:37 pm
Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
its alright morgan, theyve only whacked in a load of money to keep the club afloat, perhaps you would want monthly videos?
I would want someone interested in the club and it’s community, not employing homophobes and still planning to move out of town to make millions of pounds at the expense of KHFC as we knew it, but I guess you can’t have everything.
Nothing worse then an owner moving a football club out of its community, reminds me of those poor Meadowbank Thistle fans who lost their club in Edinburgh.
Don't forget Wimbledon too

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:35 pm

"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 pm

Who are the homophobes ?

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:39 am

BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 pm
Who are the homophobes ?
I suspect he is referring to AMS, very harsh to label him that I think.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:11 am

Moderator here.
Just a little reminder to all to keep things civil, no one minds a healthy debate, but lets keep it healthy.

Thanks.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:50 pm

BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Who are the homophobes ?
Amari Morgan Smith was charged and found guilty by the FA of homophobic abuse of a Chester player whilst playing for KHFC. Not many clubs would stand by a proven homophobe.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Mayo wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:39 am
BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Who are the homophobes ?
How else do you describe someone charged and found guilty of homophobically abusing one of their contemporaries?
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
First thing who says we are moving from Aggie and secondly how are our current benefactors going to make any money as they only lease the land. I could see WFDC making a few bob, I think the problem is we think that the training ground is the place they go but would probably more money than Aggie would bring in.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
Absolutely. Phil’s Wimbledon example is directly comparable, though, as the people there bought the club with the intention of abandoning its location, whereas the Meadowbank owners took the decision to move after running the club in Edinburgh for a number of years. Wimbledon’s plight is well documented but I’ve actually got a load of Meadowbank fanzines from 1985-1995 if you’re interested in reading the fans’ perspective.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm

Morgan wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:45 pm
Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
Absolutely. Phil’s Wimbledon example is directly comparable, though, as the people there bought the club with the intention of abandoning its location, whereas the Meadowbank owners took the decision to move after running the club in Edinburgh for a number of years. Wimbledon’s plight is well documented but I’ve actually got a load of Meadowbank fanzines from 1985-1995 if you’re interested in reading the fans’ perspective.
Yes please. Scan them and post on here.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm

S2RKK wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
First thing who says we are moving from Aggie and secondly how are our current benefactors going to make any money as they only lease the land. I could see WFDC making a few bob, I think the problem is we think that the training ground is the place they go but would probably more money than Aggie would bring in.
I’m not privy to the full business plan but in a nutshell the value of the lease is several million pounds. Wyre Forest District Council are skint, but the value of the land when sold to developers is far greater than the cost of buying KHFC out of the lease, so everyone’s a winner.

The lease money is used to establish Kidderminster University, you get a few thousand football students paying £9,000 a year and Bob is your uncle. Colin Gordon magically appears as Head of Football Operations at Kidderminster University and they all lived happily ever after (except the KHFC fans, but it’s clear nobody cares about them).

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Morgan wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:08 pm
S2RKK wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Morgan wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
I’m not privy to the full business plan but in a nutshell the value of the lease is several million pounds. Wyre Forest District Council are skint, but the value of the land when sold to developers is far greater than the cost of buying KHFC out of the lease, so everyone’s a winner.

The lease money is used to establish Kidderminster University, you get a few thousand football students paying £9,000 a year and Bob is your uncle. Colin Gordon magically appears as Head of Football Operations at Kidderminster University and they all lived happily ever after (except the KHFC fans, but it’s clear nobody cares about them).
Morgan, you may be right but I think the lease has very little term to run so would not run into the millions to build a new ground. I agree that WFDC could get a shed load of money out of it probably over 200 houses on the site but KHFC would still end up having to lease the land for the new ground.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:55 am

Morgan, you may be right but I think the lease has very little term to run so would not run into the millions to build a new ground. I agree that WFDC could get a shed load of money out of it probably over 200 houses on the site but KHFC would still end up having to lease the land for the new ground.
I seem to recall I had a discussion with a few fellow fans years ago over a pint, about a scenario where the council looked like evicting the club and taking over the land for development. General consensus was that supporters groups (this was well before KHIST) could organise and put up candidates to stand in the local elections in those wards where tactical voting would unseat several councillors and threaten to shift power with said council.
Lets hope things never come to that.
Absolutely. Phil’s Wimbledon example is directly comparable, though, as the people there bought the club with the intention of abandoning its location, whereas the Meadowbank owners took the decision to move after running the club in Edinburgh for a number of years.
I could play devil's advocate here and suggest that given the currest status of Milton Keynes Dons and the ressurrection of AFC Wimbledon you could argue the relocation of an established club in this case ultimately worked out quite well for both parties? :;

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 am

Morgan wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:17 pm
Mayo wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:39 am
BobGreenwoodsDad wrote:
Who are the homophobes ?
How else do you describe someone charged and found guilty of homophobically abusing one of their contemporaries?
I am not disputing his indiscretion at all nor making light of it. He made an error, was dealt with by league and club, has apologised and educated himself. Are you suggesting he be branded a homophobe for the rest of his days following his actions? IMO that is harsh, thus my comment.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.