2021/22 Friendlies

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 2021/22 Friendlies

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:36 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:46 pm
3218 and 626 Man U fans. I take it the away following was through the South entrance and didn't include the hundreds more sat around us and in your seat Garth.
I trust they gave my seat a clean for me Phil? :D
Looks like all the seats have been cleaned at last.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Surely they had more than one turnstile open??!

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:30 pm
Nope. Saw a few complaints about this, one which has since been deleted in Twitter. Poor.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:

They only have one iPad.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:23 pm

They had two eventually but not until 8ish. Mind you we had time for lots of pleasant conversation with fellow queue members. Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose. Missed the first goal but enjoyed what remained of the match.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Phil wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

They only have one iPad.
Laughable really isn't it.

Club sets up new payment facility for entry. Doesn't have the right infrastructure. Typical Harriers. At least/sadly it's unlikely we'll see another gate that size this season...
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:26 pm

"Typical Harriers"!
Typical Harriers, that we have one of the best stadiums in non-league.
Typical Harriers, that we have one of the best playing surfaces in non-league if not below the Championship.
Typical Harriers, quoting from management and players, "it's a well run club".

Yes there should have been more gates open but to say it's typical is manifestingly incorrect. Nowt is perfect in any club from grass roots football up to the top of the Premiership.
I would rather have a "typical Harriers" than a Bury, Rushdon & Diamonds, Basingstoke, Worcester or many other clubs that's been far worse run than ours.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:07 pm

A well run club?
How do you come to that conclusion?
It loses hundeds of thousands of pounds every season in a regional league?
Close to £2 million in losses over the past 4-5 seasons?
Do you really mean the club is being propped up by an owner who is covering the huge losses?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:31 am

To be fair how many clubs make a profit?

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:47 pm

muse_harrier wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:07 pm
A well run club?
How do you come to that conclusion?
It loses hundeds of thousands of pounds every season in a regional league?
Close to £2 million in losses over the past 4-5 seasons?
Do you really mean the club is being propped up by an owner who is covering the huge losses?
Spot on.

I went to the Cheltenham game. Didn’t get in until the 29th minute with less than 900 fans as the iPad wouldn’t work and wouldn’t allow me access.

Had to walk to reception, stood there for a good 10mins whilst they all radio’d each other trying to sort the problem.

Useles. Typical Kiddy once again failing to organise and plan correctly.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Carry on whining. I'm sure it benefits the club! Enjoy your glass 7/8ths empty. I'm sure you can all do better. As for the running of the club, I assume you're calling the management and players liars. I'll just leave it there folks.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Jasper wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:15 pm
Carry on whining. I'm sure it benefits the club! Enjoy your glass 7/8ths empty. I'm sure you can all do better. As for the running of the club, I assume you're calling the management and players liars. I'll just leave it there folks.
👍👍

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:40 pm

It`s not always the clubs fault, when i showed my phone for scanning, screen went blank & camera came on, took me a while fumbling to get it back. Don`t use my phone very often so must have accidentally pressed a "button," glad when league starts, s.t. will be much simpler.

Glad to see support for signing Binjarmi is growing.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Jasper wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Goodness me.

Look, it's great to be optimistic. And some of the moaning can be a little too much at times but this is a place where we come to do it! It's rather cathartic. Remember the days of fanzines when pee taking and moaning was par for the course? And some football clubs even have local press that dare to question the hierarchy of clubs. We don't have that so it's nice to have a place when a little dissent is allowed. I hope anyone at the club who reads this is thick skinned enough to understand the points made often come from supporters who've spent years watching the club and spent plenty of hard earned cash doing so. I don't see that the benefit of us fawning over every utterance that comes out of Aggborough.

There were issues in previous friendlies so one would hope that they'd have sorted this for a game that they hyped up. It does not give a good impression to the casual fan. Regardless of whether the club encourage us to arrive early, many supporters will try and enter the ground in the fifteen minutes before kick off and the club need to be able to accommodate this.

As for player and coach interviews, I'd be v surprised if we heard anything other than praise for the club coming from official channels. That's what we all expect but it's hardly impartial! "Yeah yeah, I knew straight away I wanted to sign for Kiddy. I'm a bit gutted they only have one iPad and the seats are dirty but to be honest I'm at the last chance saloon when it comes to being a professional footballer and no-one higher up has come in for me so I'll have to make do with this club which are essentially the lowest ranked professional club in England."

Well run club? It clearly hasn't been and I acknowledge that it's a juggernaut of a challenge for Richard Lane. The stadium is showing its age and looks a mess in places. Is the pitch really all that??? Financially, we aren't in great shape and despite decent gates and the highest admission prices in the league who expects promotion? It seems miles off (but you never know, that's why we carry on). They have made some communication / PR errors and continue to sideline / blank the supporters trust. So whilst it's all nice and dandy to watch the clips of players telling us how great it is (we all know most wouldn't be seen for dust if they were offered more elsewhere) the reality for the average fan is somewhat different. Personally, I may be harsh at times and, again, acknowledge that trying to make a success of a club of our size is a massive challenge.
The Man Utd friendly was a success because it probably brought in some much needed cash so kudos for that.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:44 pm

Highest admission prices in the league? Hope you’re not going to York on Saturday!
He who dares...wins