2021/22 Friendlies

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 2021/22 Friendlies

Post by S2RKK » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:25 am

If I had known it would cause this much hassle I wish I hadn’t bothered, only put it on for info. I’m just sorry that there is so much pettiness.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:44 pm

harriershane wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:55 am
tonythescout wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 am
Well said abbered.
People actually vexed over us not announcing a friendly vs the swift’s which probably won’t even be first team. Get a grip.
I’m willing to bet that if we announced a full pre season fixture list (that I haven’t seen any NLN team do yet) there’d be complaints over that as well.

I know this is a complaint, but I do wish folk would stop moaning over every little minute detail
:like:

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:42 am

Maybe there will be a question to the Voice along the lines of 'What are the details including dates, times and opponents of pre-season fixtures'.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:59 am

aberred wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:12 pm
I can imagine that the club is waiting for a full list to completed, which I would guess would take some time. Russ is busy getting the squad together so I doubt in mid-April a preseason friendly is top of his agenda.

You’d imagine that the Swift’s game won’t be a first XI either.

If the club had announced it, I’d put my house on it being met with disdain anyway.

I’m focusing on the positives of the squad that’s taking shape at the moment. Hopefully we’ll get something from the Voice soon as well. I’ve asked the question so will relay when I get an answer.
Hi Aberred. Have you heard anything on what the club are going to do about current season ticket holders? Thanks.
Sam

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sun May 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Halesowen announce that Harriers will travel to The Grove for a 3pm kick off on 31/7
He who dares...wins

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun May 16, 2021 1:44 pm

Also heard that we will be playing Cheltenham, Walsall and Wolves U23 at Aggborough. No dates yet.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Mon May 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Worcester City (a) Tuesday August 3 7:45 KO
He who dares...wins

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am

Quite a few clubs at our level announcing friendlies at the moment.

Interesting to note that some local clubs (Redditch, Bromsgrove, Halesowen etc) are playing games and some will allow fans in this weekend (Bromsgrove play Redditch). A useful income stream but I wonder how closely the sides they're putting out will resemble those that start next season.

Another Thursday rolls round and nothing in the Shuttle on KHFC again. Local news is really in dire straits across the board isn't it.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu May 20, 2021 9:34 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am

Interesting to note that some local clubs (Redditch, Bromsgrove, Halesowen etc) are playing games and some will allow fans in this weekend (Bromsgrove play Redditch). A useful income stream but I wonder how closely the sides they're putting out will resemble those that start next season.

Another Thursday rolls round and nothing in the Shuttle on KHFC again. Local news is really in dire straits across the board isn't it.
These games are end of season 'friendlies'. Now they have a small bonus of crowds too.

Meanwhile KHFC didn't bother and the fans won't get to see them again until mid July.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Thu May 20, 2021 10:00 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Not true, they are focusing on the really important Harriers stories :lol:

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/19314096.matt-lucas-makes-kidderminster-harriers-joke-twitter/
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu May 20, 2021 10:53 am

Phil wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:34 am
Sheffield Harrier wrote:

These games are end of season 'friendlies'. Now they have a small bonus of crowds too.

Meanwhile KHFC didn't bother and the fans won't get to see them again until mid July.
Whilst it would be nice to watch some live football I do not think that by not playing games now the squad will be behind in its development. Most other NLN clubs aren't starting friendlies until July.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu May 20, 2021 11:15 am

The friendlies being played by our neighbours are in preparation for upcoming Cup competition being played end of the month

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:30 am

Whatever the reason, if the club had an iota of sense they'd have some games as soon as is possible, as previously discussed. Not for development, or squad building, or anything else, just to get us all back inside Aggborough and get people hooked again.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu May 20, 2021 3:31 pm

harry211 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:30 am
Whatever the reason, if the club had an iota of sense they'd have some games as soon as is possible, as previously discussed. Not for development, or squad building, or anything else, just to get us all back inside Aggborough and get people hooked again.
I think that fans are hooked enough to go back purely because they haven't been able to. I cant wait to get back to a game, or in a pub on a busy friday night, the sight of normality coming is very exciting. Wouldn't be surprised to see attendances higher than expected for a few weeks/months due to the restrictions imposed in the last 15 months or so.

Not sure of an idea of playing friendlies in May/June - what benefit is it? Players end up getting burnt out towards the end of the season anyway, so why have games now? Apart from getting fans in for an income generated I don't see the point. I am myself involved at a club at WRML level and we have held off doing anything until June when we are due to be doing pre season anyway, with friendlies July onwards as per normal protocol. Some clubs have been playing games since they have been able to, which I don't get the point of myself. As I said, with fans not being allowed to go to games, loads are foaming at the mouths to go.

No doubt the club will issue a full list of friendly fixtures when they are all announced.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 pm

It's now 9th June. Surely friendlies should be announced in full shortly, whether with crowds or otherwise. People (alright, me), will want to try and ensure we can get to games, even if the government pulls the plug in the last minute.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------