KHIST AGM - Minutes

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST AGM 2021 - Minutes

Post by harry211 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 am

Good work all.

Interesting points.

Paul Biggerstaff still ignoring KHIST, who are literally offering to put money in the club's pockets for sponsorship. Think this sums up their attitude to the trust which is self-defeating and needless, but alas.

Hadn't clocked that the club's 50/50 draw at half time had stopped. A shame. Wonder if it will be restarted? Surely helped put a few hundred pounds into the club, was sold by volunteers, ticket books are always fairly cheap?

Surprised the ball boys haven't been pulled in from the youth set up as of old, or so I believed.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:09 am

Wouldn't say he is ignoring khist, more like leaving responses till the last minute when it's virtually too late, such as ground tidy up request 3 days before the friendly game when Warick Nash had offered to organise one a month or so earlier. Similar with ground advertising - when he didn't respond to request of costings and locations for the board to discuss at there meeting. Chocolate teacup comes to mind. khist want to reengage with the club but does RL and co really want to. I've just renewed my memebership and hope that lots of others do as well.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:28 pm

If the club is now refusing to accept KHIST money via sponsorship, this is a new low in relations.

:(
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:24 pm

Murphy wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:09 am
Wouldn't say he is ignoring khist, more like leaving responses till the last minute when it's virtually too late, such as ground tidy up request 3 days before the friendly game when Warick Nash had offered to organise one a month or so earlier. Similar with ground advertising - when he didn't respond to request of costings and locations for the board to discuss at there meeting. Chocolate teacup comes to mind. khist want to reengage with the club but does RL and co really want to. I've just renewed my memebership and hope that lots of others do as well.
Ignoring it is exactly what I'd call it when KHIST are contacting the club about costs for sponsorship and Biggerstaff isn't replying? Think you can look at the late response on the ground clear-up in two different ways, both reflect badly on the club in different ways.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Re: KHIST AGM - Minutes

Post by Murphy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Can’t understand why RL appears to be adopting the same stance to KHIST as Flash did. A bit of brainwashing I reckon but KHIST keep throwing olive branches out which the club sadly seems reluctant to want to pick up.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:06 pm

harry211 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 am
Good work all.

Interesting points.

Paul Biggerstaff still ignoring KHIST, who are literally offering to put money in the club's pockets for sponsorship. Think this sums up their attitude to the trust which is self-defeating and needless, but alas.

Hadn't clocked that the club's 50/50 draw at half time had stopped. A shame. Wonder if it will be restarted? Surely helped put a few hundred pounds into the club, was sold by volunteers, ticket books are always fairly cheap?

Surprised the ball boys haven't been pulled in from the youth set up as of old, or so I believed.
Plenty to choose from apart a lot seem to have Saturday fixtures, Harriers have 21 teams under the first team playing this Saturday. Think there is 6 further teams who only participate in midweek leagues but there might be a cross over of players in the Saturday leagues.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:17 pm

I would welcome a statement from RL advising the reasons why he feels KHIST are not relevant to his ownership and guidance of the Club. At least if nothing else it would clarify his position on this matter which seems somewhat baffling to many of us.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am

pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:17 pm
I would welcome a statement from RL advising the reasons why he feels KHIST are not relevant to his ownership and guidance of the Club. At least if nothing else it would clarify his position on this matter which seems somewhat baffling to many of us.
I thought this had been done, to an extent, whereby he/the club are not willing to part with shares in exchange for financial support from KHIST. It's a strange situation granted but to his credit RL has so far steered the club through one of the most difficult periods in recent history so I'd imagine he perhaps feels he owes no one an explanation.

Out of interest, can anyone shed light on the difference between an initial quote for advertising which the club provided to KHIST for advertising and the costs which KHIST are saying haven't been forthcoming - is that the normal process i.e. you get a quote and then you request a firm price afterwards depending on the size/graphics etc?

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am

I thought the shares issue (not being given any) had been accepted by khist even though all previous chairmen had honoured it - though not sure about Flash. The advertising boards raise more questions than answers such as why were at least 3 companies boards removed without them being told or even asked whether or not they wanted to renew them. At least 2 of which were khist corporate sponsors.!!!! I think khist did make an initial enquiry about costs and sites but needed a firm price for the board to consider which was not forthcoming for their meeting to consider, Perhaps someone else can shed light on this.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 am

Murphy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am
I thought the shares issue (not being given any) had been accepted by khist even though all previous chairmen had honoured it - though not sure about Flash. The advertising boards raise more questions than answers such as why were at least 3 companies boards removed without them being told or even asked whether or not they wanted to renew them. At least 2 of which were khist corporate sponsors.!!!! I think khist did make an initial enquiry about costs and sites but needed a firm price for the board to consider which was not forthcoming for their meeting to consider, Perhaps someone else can shed light on this.

I work it out as five boards removed. Three of which are not KHIST sponsors but just ordinary companies trying to support the club and getting their name out there.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Murphy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am
I thought the shares issue (not being given any) had been accepted by khist even though all previous chairmen had honoured it - though not sure about Flash
I can't find anything to suggest that KHIST have changed their stance on the share issue - all I could find were meeting notes confirming that it forms part of the constitution. I may be wrong! If both parties have that stance, and indeed both are well within their right to, then there's very little anyone can do about it.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:22 pm

The fact that khist made the largest donation to the boost the budget campaign knowing that there would be no shares forthcoming is evidence enough on that score Gloucester. Agree - though only one person can do anything about it. With the vast amount of shares RL owns, giving away a few thousand would have no impact whatsoever on his control of our club. As you are obviously a member with access to its meeting notes, I'm sure you will agree from meeting notes and attendance at the AGM that khist with its dedicated board continues in its efforts to strengthen the links between the club and the community it serves.
Have you renewed yet? Hope so, as khist is the only official representative body that harriers supporters have.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Murphy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:22 pm
The fact that khist made the largest donation to the boost the budget campaign knowing that there would be no shares forthcoming is evidence enough on that score Gloucester. Agree - though only one person can do anything about it. With the vast amount of shares RL owns, giving away a few thousand would have no impact whatsoever on his control of our club. As you are obviously a member with access to its meeting notes, I'm sure you will agree from meeting notes and attendance at the AGM that khist with its dedicated board continues in its efforts to strengthen the links between the club and the community it serves.
Have you renewed yet? Hope so, as khist is the only official representative body that harriers supporters have.
We're talking about different things; I'm by no means an expert on KHIST and it's constitution but from what I've seen KHIST don't require shares in return for things that return benefit to KHIST - i.e. if they get an advertising board they wouldn't expect shares because they're purchasing advertising, indeed the same with boost the budget where KHIST purchased a reward that gave them something in return - the shares issue is specific to financial donations that KHIST make to the club for a specific project.

It's very easy to say 'it would take nothing for RL to give away a few thousand shares' but none of us know a) how much money he has personally put into the club and b) what share issues remain from the awful period of CG so it may not even be that easy!

I'm a member of KHIST, I am absolutely supportive in what KHIST stand for and I'm very grateful to those who dedicate their time now and those that have gone before because without KHIST we'd not have a club.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:22 pm

"I'm a member of KHIST, I am absolutely supportive in what KHIST stand for and I'm very grateful to those who dedicate their time now and those that have gone before because without KHIST we'd not have a club."

Excellent Gloucester - we are certainly in agreement here.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:43 pm

Just putting this out there:

1600.jpg
1600 (1).jpg