KHIST AGM - Minutes

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

KHIST AGM - Minutes

Post by Colgofray » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 pm

The AGM of the Society is due to be held on Saturday 11th September at 5.00pm in the Kidderminster Harriers Social & Supporters Club, and all KHIST members are cordially invited to attend this event.

For full details, please visit the KHIST section of this forum or the main KHIST website.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST AGM

Post by Colgofray » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm

A reminder to all KHIST members that the AGM of the Society is due to be held on Saturday 11th September at 5.00pm in the Kidderminster Harriers Social & Supporters Club, immediately following the home game v Gateshead. All members are cordially invited to attend this event.

The support, views and suggestions of all KHIST members will be more than welcome. However, you should be aware that, according to the Society’s rules, if you were not a paid up member before 31st July 2021, you will not be entitled to vote on any of the tabled resolutions.

Please note that copies of the agenda for the meeting and of the resolutions to be tabled, have been emailed to KHIST members, together with the minutes of last year’s AGM. This documentation will also be available immediately before the meeting.

Members are requested to bring their membership cards. This, however, will not be compulsory, as a register will be taken on arrival.

Chris Wilson

Chairman

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:20 pm

If the gods of covid are willing, I’ll be there.

On my sojourn to the to the Bank Holiday fixture, I met an old compadre, a fellow KHIST member. His solution to disbanding us was to share out the funds amongst members. What he and many others fail to realise is the real depth of commitment KHIST had and still does have. We are not some sort of rabble masquerading under some fancy letter heading. We have a history and hereditary values in which we take a quiet pride. It’s as if we are a living entity having a life of its own.

In the early days, Shep (the worthy) first mooted the idea of the forming of an independent supporters' trust and it gained momentum through the likes of Steve Millington and the backing of support from Hire It. Over the years, in addition to assisting other clubs to form fans’ supporters' trusts, time was found independently to raise funds for worthy causes other than our primary remit of financially assisting the club. Quite frankly, we caused amazement and admiration far and wide. We did not seek praise; we were just quietly proud of “our” club. Even so, I’m thankful that The Naked Rambler is now no more than a shivering memory.

We were not formed over night, neither will we disappear in the same time span. We are not going anywhere. As I see it, we will hold a watching brief and try to promote our lifeblood of the lottery.

Recently, following a medical procedure, I was told to concentrate on what I could do rather than what I couldn’t do, and I think for a while that should be our mantra.

P.S. Just a random thought regarding what we could do to benefit all fans. Do the St John’s Ambulance team cited on the ground have a defibrillator? If not, maybe we could sponsor one.
The older I get, the better I was.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:14 am

A timely and much-needed post Waggy. I hope everyone reads it and that includes those who now have the honour of running this great club.

The founders and current board of KHIST are, I am sure, motivated by one thing only: ensuring the continued health and success of this football club. Why they are sometimes treated as if they were the enemy baffles and saddens me. I speak as a humble KHIST member who has no personal relationship with the KHIST board. I am grateful to them however and feel the Harriers will always be stronger for having a supporters trust. You never know what's round the corner and we've been round some pretty dodgy corners over the past few years.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:00 am

Well said Waggy - regimes at our football club seem to have a life expectancy of around 5 years after which as the pennies run out there is some teetering on the edge of collapse whilst another person or group comes in to sort things out. KHIST have in the past steadied the club in its moments of teetering and will by the law of averages be asked to do so again.

Regimes in the past have expected KHIST to hand over all its funds in the pursuit of the regimes dream and needs. Thankfully such demands have been resisted as the passing over of such funds would only have delayed the inevitable total failure and left KHIST with no reserves to use more wisely as another empire enters its black hole.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:32 am

Agree with the above. Renewed my membership last night. Can't make the AGM and I can understand people's frustration with KHIST, but we're better to have them than not - and some would do well to remember what Colin/Serrell et al would have done given half the chance.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:23 am

Is the Fans Club that was set up by Colin still going. Or has that been cold shouldered too?

I see that awful, so called, lottery has bitten the dust. Thankfully.

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:10 am

Phil wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:23 am
Is the Fans Club that was set up by Colin still going. Or has that been cold shouldered too?

It's my understanding that the fans club folded up Phil.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 am

Phil wrote:

For clarity Phil which so called lottery has bitten the dust?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:39 am

pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 am
Phil wrote:

Not the KHIST one but the Goalden Gate one that CG bought in and was never won by any Harriers fans.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:10 pm

Great post Waggy and what an excellent suggestion about defibrilllators at Aggy. Surely the club must have at least one available already and don't ambulances carry one all the time? Just asking. But I can't recall having seen one anywhere near East Stand and surely all sides of the ground should have one each. Otherwise if the St Johns paramedics have to run all the way round from the Main stand to East stand in cases of emergency, then by the time they got there it might well be too late.
If there aren't any defibs at the ground the perhaps Khist might well be able to help here. I believe they're around between £500 up to £1500. Regarding the khist agm after Saturday's game, I'll be going along and hope that lots of other khist members do as well.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:47 pm

Phil wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:39 am
pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:13 am
Phil wrote:

Not the KHIST one but the Goalden Gate one that CG bought in and was never won by any Harriers fans.
Never really understood how the Goalden Gate 'lottery' met the criteria to be called a lottery. I see in the links on the official site that complaints about it can be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service - an organisation funded by bookmakers and designed to revolve betting disputes. :?: :?: :?:
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Joe Stalin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Joe Stalin » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:05 pm

Another thumbs up for Waggy's post. What a surprise about CG's "Fan Club" too - good riddance to what was always a deeply suspect move.

Onwards and upwards.

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Did Flash bring any good to this club?

Remember Offers, does he still post? 😜

Great post and idea about the defibrillator. I’d back that idea.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm

As previously mentioned, the AGM begins at 5pm after tomorrow's game v Gateshead. Hopefully, we'll have a healthy turn out of KHIST members. :D