Harriers re-signing the car park

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers re-signing the car park

Post by garthrockett » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:23 am

I heard through the Alvechurch grapevine he's got a job offer/career opportunity extra to his football.
Can't blame the lad, good luck to him.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:56 am

garthrockett wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:23 am
I heard through the Alvechurch grapevine he's got a job offer/career opportunity extra to his football.
Can't blame the lad, good luck to him.
If this is the case best of luck to him. Given the form of OSJ Hemmings and Austin it was always going to be difficult for him. Hopefully get another player in of his position/s as provided good depth

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:58 am

Phil wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:41 am
TWG85 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:22 am
https://twitter.com/khfcofficial/status/1469234577763930115

Unbelievable. I know he wasn't blending in too well but I thought he would have least tried a bit harder.
Try harder lol, give the kid a break. The form of the three attacking midfielders it would have been difficult for anyone to break in.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:30 am

You saw him at Hereford. He was like a fish out of water.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:39 am

Everyone has a bad game even you should know that.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:57 am

It can take players a few games to get up to speed. Look at AMS (who I was criticising) at the start of the season v now.

A lack of proper second string football (remember when there were decent level reserve games?) means these players don't get any other chance to find form.

Good luck to him.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:27 pm

In the days of Flash he was a stand out quality player in the squad.

Not so with this current bunch and no doubt he wanted more match time.

If he has come to the conclusion that he is not going to fulfill his ambitions as a full timer it makes sense to go part time and get a proper job elsewhere

Flashheart
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Flashheart » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Has always been a class act for me. Best of luck to him, but you’d think he has far too much quality for a club like Alvechurch, and maybe a club like Telford or Gloucester would be more apt for his ability. If he has got a job/career opportunity elsewhere, then I’m guessing it must be a good one if he’s settling for them.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:37 pm

“A club like Alvechurch”

I’ve only seen bits of them since I saw them in pre season, but they are probably a better team than one of those two you’ve mentioned would be more suited to NCP!

As I said when he moved there from Stourbridge, he’ll do well there because they play a good style of football and it’s a good place for young players to play. There’s a reason they’re too 6 atm and battered Stourbridge 5-1. On that note, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sam Mclintock gets picked up by someone, he’s the next off the Long/Thorndike conveyor belt…
He who dares...wins

Flashheart
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Flashheart » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:10 pm

harriershane wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:37 pm
“A club like Alvechurch”

I’ve only seen bits of them since I saw them in pre season, but they are probably a better team than one of those two you’ve mentioned would be more suited to NCP!

As I said when he moved there from Stourbridge, he’ll do well there because they play a good style of football and it’s a good place for young players to play. There’s a reason they’re too 6 atm and battered Stourbridge 5-1. On that note, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sam Mclintock gets picked up by someone, he’s the next off the Long/Thorndike conveyor belt…
I don’t have the time to read every single post, so I obviously didn’t read what you wrote prior. I read about his departure and wanted to give my opinion. I assumed Alvechurch were still struggling in the level below like they were around the time we played them, so I stand corrected there. I clearly didn’t mean to use the words ‘a club like Alvechurch’ disparagingly. It’s just my opinion that I feel he’s still more than good enough to play at this level, which is still largely a semi-pro league despite its obvious ever improving standard

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:36 pm

Flashheart wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:10 pm
harriershane wrote:
“A club like Alvechurch”

I don’t have the time to read every single post, so I obviously didn’t read what you wrote prior. I read about his departure and wanted to give my opinion. I assumed Alvechurch were still struggling in the level below like they were around the time we played them, so I stand corrected there. I clearly didn’t mean to use the words ‘a club like Alvechurch’ disparagingly. It’s just my opinion that I feel he’s still more than good enough to play at this level, which is still largely a semi-pro league despite its obvious ever improving standard
I should apologise to you, actually. It sounds like I was attacking you which wasn’t my intention, so I’ll hold my hands up there - I do sometimes forget not everybody is like me when it comes to the non league sides 🤣
He who dares...wins

Flashheart
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Flashheart » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:59 am

harriershane wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:36 pm
Flashheart wrote:
harriershane wrote:
“A club like Alvechurch”

I should apologise to you, actually. It sounds like I was attacking you which wasn’t my intention, so I’ll hold my hands up there - I do sometimes forget not everybody is like me when it comes to the non league sides 🤣
No worries, pal. I didn’t think it was a dig to be fair. Will certainly be interesting to see the impact he makes there.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:27 am

Flashheart wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:59 am
harriershane wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:36 pm
Flashheart wrote:
harriershane wrote:
“A club like Alvechurch”

No worries, pal. I didn’t think it was a dig to be fair. Will certainly be interesting to see the impact he makes there.
All good, then. I fancy he’ll pick up where he left off with them
He who dares...wins