3rd round. Who do we want? We get Reading

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Re: 3rd round. Who do we want? We get Reading

Post by Medieval » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:02 pm

Harry Err wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:23 pm
harry211 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:11 pm
Medieval wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:17 pm
We get less than 2k home fans per game, so plenty of ticket availability for the regulars. If they delayed, club can`t be held responsible.
They can around Christmas.

Very odd to give Reading such a big allocation. Perhaps they weren't expecting us to definitely sell out in the face of potential Covid restrictions but knew the opposition would snap them up?
I find it hard to believe the club ever thought we wouldn't sell out considering our allocation isn't hugely more than attended vs Halifax. I can't speak for others however I don't know of anyone who is in the slightest bit bothered about Covid so I doubt that is a significant factor.

What I do find strange is why they didn't split the South terrace. They could even have left the normally unused half unsold until the rest of the ground sold out and then in the unlikely event of there being insufficient home demand they could have given the additional 600 or so to Reading.
I purchased my ticket at the sth stage, if was buying now, it would be 50/50 on whether i would proceed, a combination of 5k attendance & out of control covid is concerning. Most people i know have a healthy respect for covid.

I think the Club have done a good job with ticket sales in difficult circumstances.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 3rd round. Who do we want? We get Reading

Post by Harry Err » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:45 pm

Medieval wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:02 pm
Harry Err wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:23 pm
harry211 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:11 pm
Medieval wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:17 pm
We get less than 2k home fans per game, so plenty of ticket availability for the regulars. If they delayed, club can`t be held responsible.
They can around Christmas.

Very odd to give Reading such a big allocation. Perhaps they weren't expecting us to definitely sell out in the face of potential Covid restrictions but knew the opposition would snap them up?
I find it hard to believe the club ever thought we wouldn't sell out considering our allocation isn't hugely more than attended vs Halifax. I can't speak for others however I don't know of anyone who is in the slightest bit bothered about Covid so I doubt that is a significant factor.

What I do find strange is why they didn't split the South terrace. They could even have left the normally unused half unsold until the rest of the ground sold out and then in the unlikely event of there being insufficient home demand they could have given the additional 600 or so to Reading.
I purchased my ticket at the sth stage, if was buying now, it would be 50/50 on whether i would proceed, a combination of 5k attendance & out of control covid is concerning. Most people i know have a healthy respect for covid.

I think the Club have done a good job with ticket sales in difficult circumstances.
I find that slightly surprising unless people regularly miss winter games every year for a similar reasons which I suppose is entirely possible just not something I've experienced.

In just the last few days I went to a sold out race meeting at Warwick on NYE followed by Cheltenham on NYD with around 30,000 of all ages in attendance. Very few people appear in the slightest bit concerned about Covid now aside from taking normal winter precautions such as avoiding elderly relatives if they have a bad cold as they would in normal years.

Of course people should do whatever they feel comfortable with but having been to a number of events over the Christmas period with much larger crowds than we are expecting on Saturday it is clear that attendance levels at events are not being impacted in any meaningful way by Covid concerns.