3rd round. Who do we want? We get Reading

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 3rd round. Who do we want? We get Reading

Post by Badger » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 am

Anyone got any news as to when the tickets may go on sale.

I didnt renew my season ticket this year due the the covid risk but have been to every home game , buying my ticket with my on line account, do you think they will use this as history to issue tickets for the game.
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:58 am

on the site now badger. You may want to sit down when reading the prices though.

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 pm

tonythescout wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:58 am
on the site now badger. You may want to sit down when reading the prices though.
Cheers
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Flashheart wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:21 am
Medieval wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:33 pm
Edgar T Peaceful wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:48 pm
Tom.10 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 am
The COVID pass is easy and simple enough but is a farce. Didn't make me feel any safer. It consisted of flashing your piece of paper at someone in a high vis at the turnstile. No one scanned it or checked the name on it. I guess its more of a deterrent, but realistically you could have flashed anything that looked remotely like a COVID pass.
It allows a pretence of something being done: Covid hygene theatre. A bit like the train companies boasting about extra cleaning and wiping down surfaces when COVID has been proven to be an airbourne disease.

Luckily it seems to be pretty difficult to contract while outsid,e but I can understand any vulnerable wanting to stay away.
I`m sure there will be some wavering anti jabbers who will be coaxed into doing the right thing, so it should be of some value.
Why are they ‘anti-jabbers’? Are you listening to the media hate agenda against them? Most ‘anti-jabbers’ I know are worried about long-term effects of the jab and are ‘anti-blackmail’. I think it’s very unlikely many of them will change their minds now. I have had my two jabs, but this just doesn’t sit right with me.
I`m listening to the scientists. "Anti jabbers," whatever expression you wish to use, it amount`s to the same.

I don`t think anyone really wishes to have their arms injected with some substance, but for the good of individuals & society as a whole, the majority get on with it.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:37 am

"I don`t think anyone really wishes to have their arms injected with some substance, but for the good of individuals & society as a whole, the majority get on with it."
After having either something injected in my arm or taken out of it for the last 70yrs I'm perfectly happy to have had my injections.
I'm more concerned about what enters the body through the mouth whatever it may be. Pollution, chemicals in food and drink etc but most people accept it. That's life I'm afraid.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:32 am

Interesting to note (or jumping the gun) that if we get past Reading then the 4th rd game would be on or around Feb 5th meaning the Spennymoor away game will be moved to a Tuesday evening.

If, in the Trophy, we beat Boston then the next game will be on January 15th meaning that the Darlington away game will be off and so played on a Tuesday evening.

Luckily the FA Cup 5th round games are on a Wednesday so Gateshead away is safe. Imagine all three of those long trips in midweek?

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:50 am

With the likelyhood of a Lockdown (2 weeks post Christmas being suggested by the press today - and we know by now that this stuff is deliberately leaked) is this game going to happen? A real kick in the teeth if it's played behind closed doors or is postponed!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:32 pm

If we go into another lockdown it will not only a disaster for football but for the general economy. We have to learn quickly how to live with the virus, in some form or other, because Covid will be with us, most likely, for years. It's a case of this government getting to grips with the situation so that we can return to some kind of normality as quickly as possible. Continuously looking towards lockdown by stealth is not an option.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Be interesting to see what gets announced re restrictions in new year. Naturally given the nature of Xmas parties and other breaches of their own rules by govt members there will naturally be a rebellion amongst our population. Given it’s an out door event and booster jab figures are decent hopefully our game will go ahead as normal.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:24 pm

Talksport are reporting that the FA will remove replays from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Shame to remove the opportunity of the funds that would potentially bring in but I guess somethings have to give with the current COVID impacts.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Anyone know how many we are giving to Reading and if the whole south stand will be open?

Got my ticket now... :red_army:

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:47 pm

GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:24 pm
Talksport are reporting that the FA will remove replays from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Shame to remove the opportunity of the funds that would potentially bring in but I guess somethings have to give with the current COVID impacts.
Thats a massive shame, especially to clubs like ours that rely on the income a replay would generate more than others that are in the draw.
Given there is no World Cup or Euros this summer, surely a break of 2-3 weeks in Jan and extending season until end of May would be an option?

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:56 pm

tonythescout wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:47 pm
GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Thats a massive shame, especially to clubs like ours that rely on the income a replay would generate more than others that are in the draw.
Given there is no World Cup or Euros this summer, surely a break of 2-3 weeks in Jan and extending season until end of May would be an option?
Aren't they starting the new season early to account for the 2022 World Cup, and thus squeezing this one a bit? Talk on the radio at the weekend about a lack of alternate dates for some clubs if postponements carry on.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 pm

tonythescout wrote:
GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Apparently last season the lower league clubs were compensated for this, quite how that would work is beyond me! Perhaps if you draw after 90 mins you get more money! Who knows!

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm

harry211 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:56 pm
tonythescout wrote:
GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Aren't they starting the new season early to account for the 2022 World Cup, and thus squeezing this one a bit? Talk on the radio at the weekend about a lack of alternate dates for some clubs if postponements carry on.
To be honest I wasn't aware of the plans re the world cup, so cheers. If that's the case then presume an extension isn't on. But, an argument for that would be is that for our level, the WC (world cup, not toilet!) doesn't affect anything from League 1 downwards, there would be no disruption to squads due to the international call ups etc.
GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 pm
tonythescout wrote:
GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Apparently last season the lower league clubs were compensated for this, quite how that would work is beyond me! Perhaps if you draw after 90 mins you get more money! Who knows!
Play for the 0-0 for Reading inside the 90 then go gung ho for the winner!