The new season's coming

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: The new season's coming

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:14 pm

You got a link to their forum Pirate? The one I have is off air

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:05 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:14 pm
http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/forum/

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:04 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:05 pm
Phil wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:14 pm
http://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/forum/
Ta mate. I see they created a new one last February so that explains the old one vanishing.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Went to the game yesterday. I never read to much into pre season games but thought there were some promising signs.

We look like we have good options all over the pitch apart from centre forward. With AMS being the wrong side of 30 should anything happen to him we are in big trouble. I think this was an area we struggled with last year and hopefully we can bring somebody else in. The trialist who replaced Freemantle yesterday was nowhere near good enough. Regarding the trailists I thought the centre half in the second half was decent. Not sure about any of the others.

Of the new players they all did ok except TOE who I thought was very quite and Lowe who I thought looked unfit. Zak Brown was very good second half. However I will say Shane Byrne is on a different level. Looks an outstanding signing.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:21 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 pm
Went to the game yesterday. I never read to much into pre season games but thought there were some promising signs.

We look like we have good options all over the pitch apart from centre forward. With AMS being the wrong side of 30 should anything happen to him we are in big trouble. I think this was an area we struggled with last year and hopefully we can bring somebody else in. The trialist who replaced Freemantle yesterday was nowhere near good enough. Regarding the trailists I thought the centre half in the second half was decent. Not sure about any of the others.

Of the new players they all did ok except TOE who I thought was very quite and Lowe who I thought looked unfit. Zak Brown was very good second half. However I will say Shane Byrne is on a different level. Looks an outstanding signing.
Thanks for the report Tamworth.

Anyone know where TOE is being played? Was he an in-the-hole Austin-style player for Hereford?

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:31 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:21 pm
Tamworth Harrier wrote:

Anyone know where TOE is being played? Was he an in-the-hole Austin-style player for Hereford?
He played left side of a front three with Freemantle and Ceesay

King Monkey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by King Monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:40 am

I see we've got a friendly against Sporting Khalsa on the 28th? When was that added or has it been there all along?

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am

One of the advantages of TOE and Ceesay that Austin and Sterling didn't have is their height. Being able to have 3 tall options with AMS 4 if you include Brown as well gives the opposition a lot more to think about.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:17 am

Harrier1994 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am
One of the advantages of TOE and Ceesay that Austin and Sterling didn't have is their height. Being able to have 3 tall options with AMS 4 if you include Brown as well gives the opposition a lot more to think about.
Harriers squads have rarely been gifted in the height department. This will be a refreshing change.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:33 am

King Monkey wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:40 am
I see we've got a friendly against Sporting Khalsa on the 28th? When was that added or has it been there all along?

Sauce? where did you see this?

King Monkey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by King Monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 am

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 am

That wasn't there the other day. Nothing on Twitter etc from either side about it. We're supposed to be playing the Swifts on August 2nd too but no mention of that from us but the Swifts do.

https://twitter.com/StourportSwifts/status/1528746901524324353

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:56 am

King Monkey wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 am
Official Website.

https://harriers.co.uk/fixtures/
It's got Harrier xi in brackets so won't be first team involvement

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:34 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:31 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:21 pm
Tamworth Harrier wrote:

He played left side of a front three with Freemantle and Ceesay
Probably Hemmings and Ceesay wide of Freemantle/AMS when the season kicks off, so TOE coming from slightly deeper in midfield? That's the type of player I thought we'd signed with him...

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:12 pm

Sounds like Harriers are picking up from where they left off the end of last season with the 433 then. Personally find that more attractive than the 4-2-3-1. An extra body deeper both in terms of a passing option and defensive solidity. That and the strength-and-depth of the midfield just looks greater.