The new season's coming

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Re: The new season's coming

Post by Red Bear » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:14 am

Given Russ's comments about not actively looking for anyone else beyond existing triallists and as none of the triallists in the Raiders game were GKs, it's looking at the moment that he's going with Tom Palmer (which I'm happy with), although there's still time for that to change.

I'm assuming NKP had picked up a knock or simply couldn't be accommodated with all the triallists but I haven't seen Alex Penny mentioned or in any photos or videos since the players started back (not even appearing in any season ticket promo images, which seems a little odd being an award winner.) With Joe Foulkes returning and Russ stating that he is expected to play a lot this season, is Alex off? I'm guessing Lissimore was first half RB last night?

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 am

Wasn't Penny pictured in training kit and white trainers at the end of the friendly yesterday? Or did I imagine that?

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:32 pm

Red Bear wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:14 am
Given Russ's comments about not actively looking for anyone else beyond existing triallists and as none of the triallists in the Raiders game were GKs, it's looking at the moment that he's going with Tom Palmer (which I'm happy with), although there's still time for that to change.

I'm assuming NKP had picked up a knock or simply couldn't be accommodated with all the triallists but I haven't seen Alex Penny mentioned or in any photos or videos since the players started back (not even appearing in any season ticket promo images, which seems a little odd being an award winner.) With Joe Foulkes returning and Russ stating that he is expected to play a lot this season, is Alex off? I'm guessing Lissimore was first half RB last night?
He was there last night and impressively carried about 6 cups of coffee/tea around the pitch at halftime in one go.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:38 pm

millzeuk wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:32 am
Thought all the trialists did well enough to warrant a longer chance to impress. Thought the 6 in first half looked good, brought the ball out well. Holmes did enough to suggest he’d be worth signing. First half 9 took his goal well, good movement but missed a couple of chances. The 3 and 4 in second half were fine, didn’t stand out

Byrne and Lowe looked quite similar.

Good run around against limited opposition.
Number 6 came through a league 2 sides academy a few years ago

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm

There was a keeper there being warmed up at HT by Tom Palmer. Late 20's, receding hairline.

Looked a bit like Jake Weaver from a distance but wasn't.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:32 pm
Red Bear wrote:

He was there last night and impressively carried about 6 cups of coffee/tea around the pitch at halftime in one go.
In the latest interview from Russ he mentioned Penny & AMS are both carrying minor (2-3 weeks) injuries.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:07 pm

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:22 pm

Trialist C who played as a number 9 is believed to be Dewain Sewell from the Villa U18s. Pic looks like him.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/players/u18/dewainsewell

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Red Bear » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:10 am

Mayo wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm
PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:32 pm
Red Bear wrote:

In the latest interview from Russ he mentioned Penny & AMS are both carrying minor (2-3 weeks) injuries.
Thanks.
Can't believe I noticed Penny and NKP were missing from the lineups but overlooked AMS! That's worrying news, his individual pressing being a key part of our game last season.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:25 pm

AMS missing for at least 3 weeks makes the signing of a third CF even more essential now.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:24 pm

Phil wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:25 pm
AMS missing for at least 3 weeks makes the signing of a third CF even more essential now.
Surprised that wasn’t in the overall plan to be honest. Both AMS and Freemantle had lengthy spells out last season. Can Knight-Percival play centre forward?

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:24 pm
Phil wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:25 pm
Surprised that wasn’t in the overall plan to be honest. Both AMS and Freemantle had lengthy spells out last season. Can Knight-Percival play centre forward?
AMS missed the first five league games and then was substituted in the next two (including one FA Cup game) last season.

HarrierMe

Post by HarrierMe » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Just wondering. Is there a new shirt this year or have I missed it?

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:35 pm

HarrierMe wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:42 pm
Just wondering. Is there a new shirt this year or have I missed it?
There is but it hasn't been released yet, big lad. Apparently been a late alteration to one of the designs.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:50 pm

There is but it hasn't been released yet, big lad. Apparently been a late alteration to one of the designs.
red and white halves please, with away blue/yellow halves,
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022