The new season's coming

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: The new season's coming

Post by harriershane » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Nice to finally see the new lads and catch up with a few people. Must admit i like the look of Zak Brown
He who dares...wins

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:33 pm

harriershane wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:02 pm
Nice to finally see the new lads and catch up with a few people. Must admit i like the look of Zak Brown
Zac Brown is quality

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:37 pm

harriershane wrote:

That one you mentioned, Funge?, was poor mate. Cradley should look elsewhere.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Phil wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:37 pm
harriershane wrote:

That one you mentioned, Funge?, was poor mate. Cradley should look elsewhere.
He was, wasn't he? The other lad though, O'Toole. I like him a lot. I'll have more chance of plaiting pee than getting him though. Outside of the error for the goal I thought he was very good especially as an 18 year old first year
He who dares...wins

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm

I've seen the games vs Liverpool and Man U and 60 minutes vs Halesowen. Of the new players:

Lowe - has looked really very good in pre-season, even before that wonder strike. My pick of the pre-season. Later on he got annoyed and started smashing people before being sensibly taken off by Penn.

Brown - looks very technical and classy, but will get buffeted all over the place in NLN with that build. I hope he can still have an impact. I left before his goal today. Looking forward to the highlights.

Ceesay - on first look I was impressed. Less so across the last two games. Physically impressive but looks not a patch on OSJ technically. We needed a direct phycial player though so...

Please we signed Roger. Apparently Byrne is good, but hasn't caught my eye yet. The CBs look ok but will have to go some to be as good as Bajrami / Cameron. I'm yet to be convinced by Owen-Evans (early days!).

I've only seen three pre-season games, but I can't see us being any better than last year overall (except maybe in midfield, which was very thin). I hope I'm wrong.
Sam

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:26 pm

What was the behaviour of our fans like today?

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:26 pm
Most fans good but flares at the start of the match and second half flares out side of the ground

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:57 am

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:30 pm
Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:26 pm
Most fans good but flares at the start of the match and second half flares out side of the ground
Seems like we are returning to the 1970's.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:23 am

Phil wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Match report from yours truly:

https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/30-07-22-friendly-harriers-end-pre-season-in-fine-form/
Phil,

Many thanks for the match report.

Perhaps, however, you would allow me one small moan. I would have preferred it if you had not included the final paragraph. I was not at the match and therefore cannot comment on the performance of the ref. My guess is that is was above the normal standard at which he officiates but not sure that calling any ref an idiot helps develop better officials. Sorry.

Grumps.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:02 am

Grumpy old man wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:23 am
Phil wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:44 pm
Match report from yours truly:

https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/30-07-22-friendly-harriers-end-pre-season-in-fine-form/
Phil,

Many thanks for the match report.

Perhaps, however, you would allow me one small moan. I would have preferred it if you had not included the final paragraph. I was not at the match and therefore cannot comment on the performance of the ref. My guess is that is was above the normal standard at which he officiates but not sure that calling any ref an idiot helps develop better officials. Sorry.

Grumps.

Frankly Grumps he was. Palmer was taking a goal kick and simply pointed to where he was going to kick it and the ref booked him for time wasting. In a friendly????

You'll see on Matty Paddocks report that he wasn't enamoured by the ref either. He didn't go so far as calling him an idiot but I'm sure he felt that way too.

Also if you Google him you'll see that John Snape, when he was the Worcester City manager, was of the same opinion.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Did I see AMS and AP in full kit before the game or am I hallucinating again?

Small group of our "fans" causing home stewards to have fits behind one goal. Not sure they were doing much more than making a faintly aggressive row but really we could do without it. As a result there were no stewards in the rest of the ground which enabled the man in front of me to chain-smoke all afternoon. Just like the good old days.

Agree about the strange ref. Why would we be time-wasting? It's not even the Worcestershire Cup is it?

Thought we showed some class against a team that packed the defence and only shone in brief moments. Hard to know how we'll go yet but with a full fit squad we should be competitive. It would help if Ethan had a break-out season. I feel he has it in him.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:49 pm

AMS and AP were sat next to me. They're both some way off being fit to play and Alex may be further.

BTW his 'injury' is not diabetes related per the rumour that was going round. He himself said he'd been told the same rumour.

King Monkey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by King Monkey » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:04 am

Phil wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:49 pm
AMS and AP were sat next to me. They're both some way off being fit to play and Alex may be further.

BTW his 'injury' is not diabetes related per the rumour that was going round. He himself said he'd been told the same rumour.
Do we know what the injuries are? Something they picked up in the off season or carried over from last season? Seems strange nothing has been said about them. Not surprising rumours start if the club are shy of sharing this info.