Away fans tickets......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Away fans tickets......

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:50 am

Phepson wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 am
Having been coming to Aggborough since the early 70's I have to say I agree about many of the points made by the Brakes fan and also a number of the ones made in the MOTM thread about cashless payment.

On a personal basis pre covid and being over 60 I was paying £9 admission. With concessions going to 65 and two years of price rises I paid £17 admission. That's one pound short of a 100% rise in three years. Add to that the various complaints about stewarding from being ushered out of the ground, removal of bottle tops (which did not seem to happen yesterday) as I'd already put mine in my pocket. Obviously we need good stewarding after a few problems with flares and we don't want them thrown as at the recent Stourbridge v Halesowen game. I've had no problems with stewards, why would I at my age, but it appears others have.

I contacted the club regarding the heat and if any provision had been made for water and of course there was no reply. At a Perth Glory game several years ago, water was set up next to their beer tent and it was provided free of charge, it was no hotter than yesterday.

Regarding cashless payment I found the site very clunky this year. It would not go to the north stand very easily and took me twice as long to book my ticket. As someone who runs an internet business I can hardly complain about cashless payment as the benefits are clear and have already been mentioned. It also must have been hard to keep a record of all those notes in the biscuit tins on the turnstiles. Let alone leaving the club open to a possible robbery as there are not the soft targets like petrol stations around anymore that have a lot of cash. However the club have put off some of the traditional older fans who do not do the internet and have to pay more and kids running up to the burger stall with a pound coin (err £10 note more like considering catering costs) or the teenager here on their own but not quite old enough for a credit card. Have parents got to get a child's card for them and pre load it so they can buy a £2.50 bottle of pop on a hot day. The club now even want the secondhand programme hut to go cashless FFS. Come on KHFC get a grip not everyone is living in this cashless utopia yet!

All these things may be regarded as minor on there own, however they add up. It's not like a cinema where if you don't like the one in kiddy you can go to the one at Bromsgrove and watch the same film. After all the old joke is you can change your wife but never your football team. This has left me feeling more disenchanted with the club than I ever have in over 50 years. I'm sure there will be a number of fans and those part timers from the local league teams that will just not bother to turn up if we are mid table and out of cups by Christmas. Particularly when you take the looming financial problems into account by then.
I really hope someone from the club reads this stuff.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:28 am

I really hope someone from the club reads this stuff.
Don't worry, I'll ask the question at the next fans forum........
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:09 pm

Didn't KHIST get a response from their last set of questions? Seems the perfect opportunity to raise the current concerns.