New players / trialists / rumours 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: New players / trialists / rumours. PLEASE KEEP SIGNINGS TO THIS THREAD

Post by Swansea Harrier » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:11 pm

Thata a strange one. Very good... but its one area we don't need to strengthen. Perhaps this is with an eye in next season if Pearce or NKP retires? Or does it spell the end for McNally (who would be unlucky) or Leak (Penn clearly doesn't rate the latter despite some promising appearances).

It dies explain why Margetson has been allowed to leave, and we've definitely upgraded from where we were a week ago in that department.

Reading between the lines, it looks like this opportunity has come up at relatively short notice. Perhaps Morrison us homesick up there. Either way, great signing on paper and we've got him for the rest of the season 👍

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:15 pm

Strange Flid letting a player join a team also trying? for promotion.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:15 pm

From Fylde's Twitter:

@khfcofficial
and
@KyleMozza
Good luck mozza, but who on earth has let him go out on loan, especially to a team who could be at the top end of the table come the end of the season.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:17 pm

"Can operate on the right side or in central defence". Maybe also additional cover for right back in case Penny gets hit with another injury?

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:02 pm

I guess if RP is set on the current change in formation ( it seems to be working) - three center backs, then he needs some cover. Sensible move.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:19 pm

Odd we have signed another defender, given NKP back. Margetson has gone, perhaps Leak is being shipped out again.
If anything we could do with a winger.
However seems to be a good signing, wouldnt say no if he came in for Pearce who is a liability IMO.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:05 pm

Not sure wingers are required in RP's latest re-invention, in effect relying on Penny and Hemmings for width, and when Richards returns it will be difficult to find a place for Hemmo, unless he plays a more central forward position at the expense of Bearn/TOE. Not sure where Brown fits in either when he's fit, unless he rotates with the aforementioned. Competition for places - has to be good !!!

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:29 pm

Listening to RP's interview for the Scarborough game, it sounds to me as though Ben M is bright enough to have worked out that his future lies away from being a full-time footballer. He will probably disappear into the non-league wilderness but it would be great if he reappears in the future as a coach in the professional game. Good luck to the lad.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:03 pm

maxspeed wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:05 pm
Not sure wingers are required in RP's latest re-invention, in effect relying on Penny and Hemmings for width, and when Richards returns it will be difficult to find a place for Hemmo, unless he plays a more central forward position at the expense of Bearn/TOE. Not sure where Brown fits in either when he's fit, unless he rotates with the aforementioned. Competition for places - has to be good !!!
I'm not sure if Richards will get his place back in this formation, Hemmo's forward runs and crossing are stronger. Agree that it's hard to see where Brown fits in with this set up.

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:38 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:03 pm
maxspeed wrote:
I'm not sure if Richards will get his place back in this formation, Hemmo's forward runs and crossing are stronger. Agree that it's hard to see where Brown fits in with this set up.
Hemmo has been an absolute revelation at left back, I think Caleb will struggle to oust him from the position. My mate Rusty never used to rate Hemmo, now he's his favourite Harrier.

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:08 am

jim mankey wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:38 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
maxspeed wrote:
Hemmo has been an absolute revelation at left back, I think Caleb will struggle to oust him from the position. My mate Rusty never used to rate Hemmo, now he's his favourite Harrier.
Rusty was saying to me just the other night how much he thinks Hemmo has improved. Good on you Rusty 👏

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:31 am

howells wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:08 am
jim mankey wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:38 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
maxspeed wrote:
Rusty was saying to me just the other night how much he thinks Hemmo has improved. Good on you Rusty 👏
And yet there are peeps on here saying Hemmo can't defend !!!

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:12 pm

I'll put my hand up to being one of the doubters. Hope I am proven wrong tomorrow.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:14 pm

Another goal for Jack Tolley at Bromsgrove. 90th minute.