Euros 2020

All discussion about any England tournaments in here please. World Cups, Euro's etc

Moderator: Phil

Who will win the trophy?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Italy
33%
Switzerland
No votes
Turkey
No votes
Wales
4%
Belgium
15%
Denmark
No votes
Finland
No votes
Russia
No votes
Austria
No votes
Netherlands
No votes
Nth Macedonia
No votes
Ukraine
No votes
Croatia
No votes
Czech Republic
No votes
England
19%
Scotland
No votes
Poland
No votes
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
4%
Sweden
4%
France
19%
Germany
4%
Hungary
No votes
Portugal
No votes

Total votes: 27

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Euros 2020

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:03 am

harry211 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:44 pm
The Southgate piece above is great. Brilliant and articulate.
Yes, it's superb. I imagine Murdoch and The Mail will be furiously digging for dirt on him.
Sam

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:38 pm

https://twitter.com/harriersarms_/status/1403009467957059595

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Turkey v Italy

HT: The highlight so far was the remote control car bringing the ball out to the centre circle

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 pm

Better second half. Insigne looked a decent player.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:39 am

Was impressed with Italy, OK, Turkey are not the best (despite their much fancied status), but Italy's movement in and out of possession was really good to watch (especially in the second half as Phil said)
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Thoughts are with Christian Eriksen following his health scare earlier on this evening. Hope he recovers fully.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Forecasts for this afternoons England game then?

I'm going 2-0. Goalscorers Foden and Calvert-Lewin.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Did enough today against a very limited Croatian side.

The restricted crowd made the whole thing feel a bit low key. No way was there anywhere near 22,500 there. It looked nearer 10,000 from where I was sat.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:35 am

Netherlands v Ukraine, what a game! Really exciting watch
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 am

Very good game yesterday for England, played well at times, but perhaps could have created more chances. Kane dropping far too deep, the one time he was leading the line he was unlucky not to get onto the end of a cross from the left in the second half.

The narrative would have been very different if Croatia had somehow snuck a goal - think back to Russia in Euro 2016 where we played well but went behind against the run of play. But, what yesterday did show, good result and clean sheet aside, is that Croatia now are not the same side we lost to three years ago. Apart from the shot that Rebic snatched at, they didn't really test us.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:08 am

Any Scots on here? What do you think will happen in todays game then.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 pm

I live up in Scotland. Czech Republic's form has been poor recently so I think we're cautiously optimistic for a good result today.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Scotland lacking that bit of quality where it matters.

Stunning 2nd goal for CR though. Lesson for the keeper there.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Decent performance by England, last 15 of the first half we seemed to tail off. To say Croatia are a limited side is completely silly, they are a very good side! Always going to be a tough game.
Seems to be a decent togetherness in the squad (not group)!
Stirling despite his goal wasted a few chances, does he know he can shoot with his left foot? Thought Grealish very unfortunate to be dropped, he was our best player IMO over the two friendlies. Starting Stirling paid off in the end though.
Walker had a mare first half seemed to pick himself up second half. Not a fan of Mings but he was more than solid yesterday, he keeps on like that McGuire shouldnt go back in for me, as the old saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it. Stones and Rice great aswell, Philips was my MOTM. Excellent call to put Rice and Phillips together, its a must against the good sides IMO. Do the dirty stuff well and calm on the ball.
Kane an issue yesterday, as harry said he drops deep, no need when theres 3 central midfielders, they had nothing to aim at when he kept wandering. As soon as he was taken off we seemed better shape wise with Rashford and DCL up there as they stayed there. Theres no need for him to drop. He looked off the pace. Hopefully a one off as he is one of the best centre forwards out there.
Onto Scotland Friday, Despite them currently 2-0 down be a hard game, theyll work hard and get in our faces and scrap for everything.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:27 pm

tonythescout wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:37 pm
Decent performance by England, last 15 of the first half we seemed to tail off. To say Croatia are a limited side is completely silly, they are a very good side! Always going to be a tough game.
Seems to be a decent togetherness in the squad (not group)!
Stirling despite his goal wasted a few chances, does he know he can shoot with his left foot? Thought Grealish very unfortunate to be dropped, he was our best player IMO over the two friendlies. Starting Stirling paid off in the end though.
Walker had a mare first half seemed to pick himself up second half. Not a fan of Mings but he was more than solid yesterday, he keeps on like that McGuire shouldnt go back in for me, as the old saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it. Stones and Rice great aswell, Philips was my MOTM. Excellent call to put Rice and Phillips together, its a must against the good sides IMO. Do the dirty stuff well and calm on the ball.
Kane an issue yesterday, as harry said he drops deep, no need when theres 3 central midfielders, they had nothing to aim at when he kept wandering. As soon as he was taken off we seemed better shape wise with Rashford and DCL up there as they stayed there. Theres no need for him to drop. He looked off the pace. Hopefully a one off as he is one of the best centre forwards out there.
Onto Scotland Friday, Despite them currently 2-0 down be a hard game, theyll work hard and get in our faces and scrap for everything.
Croatia of 2021 are barely comparable to the Croatia side of 2018.

I never felt they were going to score although I do think the lack of crowd and in particular the lack of away fans did make it a weird atmosphere. Anything Croatia did that was positive was met with almost complete silence and this does tend to sub-consciously make you think the team with support are perhaps more dominant than they actually are.

It’s such a shame that they won’t let more people into the games. It’s been such a struggle to get tickets.