Marcus Dinanga
No votes

Total votes: 26

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: MoM: 11-01-22 Farsley Celtic (H)

Post by Phil » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm

You know that it's very easy to find out stats such as scores and attendance figures.

It's called Harriers Online. For instance on this page: https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/league-links/forest-green-rovers/ you can see all the scores over the years including scorers and attendances. You can also see that teams websites, Facebook and Twitter pages and usually their local newspapers.

It isn't just FGR. You can also find out items of interest for clubs from the Premier down to many local teams, and teams that we have played outside the main leagues such as Ware, Corby Town and Gosport Borough.

Try it. You might be surprised at how much work goes into Harriers Online.

Btw they bought 129

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:28 pm

Phil wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm
You know that it's very easy to find out stats such as scores and attendance figures.

It's called Harriers Online. For instance on this page: https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/league-links/forest-green-rovers/ you can see all the scores over the years including scorers and attendances. You can also see that teams websites, Facebook and Twitter pages and usually their local newspapers.

It isn't just FGR. You can also find out items of interest for clubs from the Premier down to many local teams, and teams that we have played outside the main leagues such as Ware, Corby Town and Gosport Borough.

Btw they bought 129
I'd never really looked beyond the forum before. The website is much better than the club's own website and has far more info than I realised. It really must be a labour of love to keep it all updated. You should stick more links to other parts of the website on the forum from time to time as I'm clearly not the only one who doesn't make full use of the available info.

Keep up the good work!

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:43 pm

Passing rhythm looked good second half.

Unreal finish by Freemantle. Didn't know he had that in his locker.

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm

ok - at the risk of making myself look a complete twonk (not hard to do!) i must admit i am the same as Harry Err - i have been on this fans forum secion here for many years - initially i must have done a search for harriers fans forum, found this, and favourited it - so whenever i click on the link it comes to this section - i never thought to rub out the "forum" bit in the web address and see if there is anything else to look at - and there is a lot of info on the rest of this website! am impressed!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:02 am

At the top of this forum you'll find a little graphic of a house followed by this: Harriers Online website, Forum index, Chatter, MotM and more, Harriers Chatter. Click on the house and you go straight to the main website.

I would put more links to things like previews, reports etc but I'm a modest type of guy :) and don't really like spamming my own forum. But if it helps I'll do so, starting with the Darlo thread.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:25 am

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:49 am

Watching the Freemantle goal at 3.00 on the highlights - excellent. He had a very good game, even winning some headers with very tall defenders around him. Farsley might easily have grabbed a point, even though Harriers were the much better team. I have Hemmings my MOM, even if he was having a bit of fun and showing off, he gave them something to think about.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:01 am

Freemantle's goal was sublime, great feet and finish.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:12 am

Phil wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm

Btw they bought 129
It's where I got my info from - any chance of a download feature :; (there's probably one already there and I didn't see it) - I went into the results and copied and pasted the tables from each year, although only went back one year into the old site! It really is a treasure trove of info so kudos to you Phil! Whilst I've got my geek hat on - what's the traffic been like to here in the past week or so - a fair increase I'd imagine!!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:01 pm

What did you want to download?

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 pm

The data in the Fixture & Results pages for each season!

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:11 pm

That was a game that could easily been predicted as a banana skin !

The heights of Saturday were bound to take their toll as the team worked hard to achieve what they did. We are also lucky to have a squad that can deal with an error and recover to win - twice. We are also lucky to have a player that can recover from what looked like a game ending injury on Saturday, play the 90 out and go again on Tuesday.

Freemantle was like a Tiger uncaged and he produced some magic too.

I hope Cameron is OK and just being protected.

Roll on Darlington - another test. Fingers crossed.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:11 pm

I hope Cameron is OK and just being protected.
Cameron was subject to a fitness test pre match and it was clear that it was touch and go as to whether he should start