Total votes: 10

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 18-01-22 Hereford (A)

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Krasnyi wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:01 am
Covid prevented me from being there. Sounds like a good one to miss.

Have to say of all our many managers since Graham Allner, Russ Penn comes across the best. Honest, open and realistic. And seems like a really good bloke too. We’re dead lucky to have him.

Someone give ‘em a shout for me on Saturday. I’ll still be isolating. Triple vaccinated and feeling like a sack of shit.
Best wishes, Krasnyi

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:23 pm

Really poor after first 15 mins.

I`m putting it down to fatigue, but that is worrying with the upcoming schedule.

Or, it could have been the fog, came in from the left & went back out same way. :evil:

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:14 am

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 am

We weren’t going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, so hopefully it’s just one of those days

I am frustrated that we seem to be being punished with the fixture list because of all the cancellations, none of which were down to us. The league need to look at this because it could’ve been avoided if they’d rescheduled games v other teams that had free game days.

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 am

millzeuk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 am
We weren’t going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, so hopefully it’s just one of those days

I am frustrated that we seem to be being punished with the fixture list because of all the cancellations, none of which were down to us. The league need to look at this because it could’ve been avoided if they’d rescheduled games v other teams that had free game days.
Yep - there seems to have been a fair bit of gaming of the system across the leagues. Pretty shoddy.
Sam

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:50 am

millzeuk wrote:

I think teams should be made to fulfill a fixture regardless. You didnt hear Leeds moan about their massive injury crisis and having to basically field their bench with their youth players and have 2-3 of them start with the only 8-9 senior fit players they had left.
Should be made to play youth teamers if they have to and allowed to sign and field a number of emergency loan players (I believe there is only a certain amount of loan players a team can field?)
Prior to Covid, there are always postponements this time of year and adds to congestions Feb/March time - people are starting to see the effects of a heavy schedule on our players now, yet people still think it was acceptable to want to remain and win the FA Trophy given our league position and extensive FA Cup run. Something had to give sadly.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 pm

millzeuk wrote:

This.

It just seems like Hereford have got games delayed as they were struggling for numbers. They manage to get a few in on-loan and lo and behold turn us over.

The league are only bothered about getting the season done. They don't care how many games clubs have to play in a short period of time.