MotM: 23-03-24 Wealdstone (A) Hemmings

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Wealdstone 1 Harriers 1

Poll ended at Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:03 pm

Christian Dibble
24%
Alex Penny
14%
Caleb Richards
5%
Reiss McNally
No votes
Krystian Pearce
14%
Regan Griffiths
No votes
Zak Brown
No votes
Sam Bellis
No votes
Amari Morgan-Smith
No votes
Ashley Hemmings
29%
Jack Lambert
5%
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
10%
Matt Preston
No votes
Charlie Weston
No votes

Total votes: 21

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: MotM: 23-03-24 Wealdstone (A)

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:34 pm

Thanks once again to Harry for the report. I'm giving him the weekend off next week because I'll be doing them both :lol:

https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/23-03-24-wealdstone-fc-1-kidderminster-harriers-1-match-report/

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:35 pm

Shame we don`t play them in a 2-3 weeks time when they are well into their congested run in. Their manager sounds a little depressed with the congestion & their heavy pitch.

Surely we are due another win, but how can we when unlikely to score more than one goal a game?

Don`t think we can rely on "weakened" Barnet or Chesterfield sides, fringe players may well be playing for a contract.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:54 pm

Medieval wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:35 pm
Shame we don`t play them in a 2-3 weeks time when they are well into their congested run in. Their manager sounds a little depressed with the congestion & their heavy pitch.

Surely we are due another win, but how can we when unlikely to score more than one goal a game?

Don`t think we can rely on "weakened" Barnet or Chesterfield sides, fringe players may well be playing for a contract.
Alty are playing Tuesday (Wealdstone) and Friday (us). Hopefully catch them tired out

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Red Bear » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am

The two late chances that haunted me on Sat night didn't make the highlights (AMS just failing to reach a low cross from Hemmo and Lambert's strike from Brown's touch on the edge of the area being deflected wide.) Such small margins.

Did we however deserve to win - not at all given how superior Wealdstone were first half.

I don't know if it was simply due to us being afforded more time on the ball as Wealdstone tired (they didn't look visibly tired in the same way that York did) but we were so much better once we started passing the ball on the ground. It was certainly far easier on the eye than all but a few of our offerings this season.

I haven't been too concerned by any one individual result (either of the Dorking or York draws would have been fine, not losing to a direct opponent, as long as we picked up a win in the other) but the overall points haul from recent games just hasn't been enough. I haven't completely given up hope but my optimism has definitely gone. I've never believed that the Altrincham game is one we're going to get much out of, although their results are somewhat erratic. I was looking forward to beating Halifax after being robbed at their place but they seem to be flying now. My feeling is that we'll pick up no more than 4 points at home but I think it's just as conceivable that we could pick up that number away. That would still only give us 51 points, which doesn't look like it's going to be enough...

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 pm

harry211 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:55 pm
And misspelling Bellis name.
Hells Bellis