Keith Lowe
No votes

Total votes: 12

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 23-11-21 Gloucester (A)

Post by Harry Err » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:13 pm

An extremely scrappy first half where we never really got going in part because Gloucester's game plan appeared to be to break up play at every opportunity, often by fouling, to create just about the least free flowing football possible.

All change in the second half where the early goal clearly threw them off their game plan and we played the rest of the game in the manner in which we have been accustomed in recent weeks. Gloucester's legs went well before the final whistle and ultimately we saw it out comfortably.

Yet more decent goals. A well measured finish by Hemmings for the first neatly curled around the keeper into the bottom corner. Penny was alert after we hit the bar and gave the keeper no chance with the rebound for the second and Austin just did what Austin does and beat half their defence single handed, rounded the keeper and slotted it in.

After way too many seasons of mediocrity and worse it is such a joy to see the team playing like this week in week out. Long may it continue.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Don't think there's much more I can add. Awful first half where we looked flat. Whatever Penn did say clearly worked as the second half was a different team. There's a proper unity between the fans and the players right now and it's great to see.

And just to add what a goal from Sammy, I was expecting him to lay it off to AMS but he just kept going. Give him a life time contract!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:20 pm

tonythescout wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 pm

"not felt this way since the Burr days."
.....and he was there to witness it.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Jasper wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:20 pm
tonythescout wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 pm

"not felt this way since the Burr days."
.....and he was there to witness it.
Can he turn up every week when we're a goal down?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:31 pm

Many happy people gaining points in the prediction league - but a special mention for the 3 that got the 1-3 exactly right AND named Hemmings as first scorer - Mayo, Colgofray and Lynton.

Daveangel

Re: MotM: 23-11-21 Gloucester (A)

Post by Daveangel » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am

No complaints there. Simply beaten by the better side, and some very complimentary comments on our forum. General consensus is the best side we’ve placed this season. Started well, but second half just couldn’t cope with your pace and movement. Excellent away following as well. Plentiful, noisy and friendly. A far cry from a few we’ve had lately!
I believe our budget is comparable if not bigger than yours, but you’re certainly getting better value for your money! Early days for a new manager who’s overhauled the squad, so i’m confident that we’ll avoid that dreaded last place, but the table isn’t looking too pretty. It’s going to be a nervy Xmas.
Hope you enjoyed your visit to the “Theatre of Shipping Containers” and we’ll see you in January!

Grenoble Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grenoble Harrier » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:42 am

Another convincing win by the sound of it. Our away form is top class - 12 points from 7 games.
As has been stated above, seems like we've got a manager who understands that it's the best team that challenges for this league, not the best individuals.
This is the best I've felt about Harriers since....err.....around 2013 :)
COYR!!
:red_army: :red_army:

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 am

Daveangel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am
No complaints there. Simply beaten by the better side, and some very complimentary comments on our forum. General consensus is the best side we’ve placed this season. Started well, but second half just couldn’t cope with your pace and movement. Excellent away following as well. Plentiful, noisy and friendly. A far cry from a few we’ve had lately!
I believe our budget is comparable if not bigger than yours, but you’re certainly getting better value for your money! Early days for a new manager who’s overhauled the squad, so i’m confident that we’ll avoid that dreaded last place, but the table isn’t looking too pretty. It’s going to be a nervy Xmas.
Hope you enjoyed your visit to the “Theatre of Shipping Containers” and we’ll see you in January!
Thanks for the view from the other side, and good luck for the rest of the season Daveangel.

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 am

Daveangel wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am
Excellent away following as well. Plentiful, noisy and friendly. A far cry from a few we’ve had lately!
Thanks Dave. On the first half showing Gloucester should probably climb the table away from the relegation zone in the next few games.

The first half was the worst I've seen Harriers play in a long while, but Gloucester played well I thought, and should have been two up at half time. Perhaps we were missing Bonds; Martin (who I like) looked off the pace, as if he had not played first team football for a while (which he hasn't), and we couldn't find our rhythm at all, losing all the second balls. Austin didn't have a kick first half.

Second half we were much better and it was all Harriers for 30 minutes. Hemmings was immense and took his goal coolly. AMS worked his arse off while getting bashed all over the place. Excellent work. Then - of course - Sam Austin scores his customary superb goal - rounded the keeper beautifully.

Nice pint of Pale Ale before the match too.

I went for Hemmo as MOM but in hindsight I think it might have been AMS.
Sam

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:35 am

Everything has been said, really. All I can add is...that's what memories are made of.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:19 am

Loved every second of last night (apart from walking around the poorly signposted stadium)! The atmosphere among the fans is just what we've been missing the last few seasons.
Bit worried first half but what a turn around second half. The quality of the goals we're scoring is sublime! Looking forward to seeing Sammy's goal again on Youtube.

Nice to see that Halifax lost last night. Don't want them to come to Aggborough with a good run.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:07 pm

On 45 minutes I would have taken a draw - on 55 minutes I knew we would win this. In more recent seasons we had no ability to change what we did when facing difficulties. I recall the famous statement made by a previous manager that if Plan A failed we needed to do Plan A better. We now have a more mature approach - if Plan A is failing we make corrections to resolve the problems and that was absolutely apparent last evening. First half - CHALK - second half - CHEESE.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:07 pm

harriershane wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:54 pm
Brilliant. Some team. A couple of us were saying, something just feels different this season. When you compare to the Eustace time, the players have mentioned it. There’s such a connection at the minute. We’ve failed to score two goals or more in just 3 games this season, highest scorers in the league. Real feeling of momentum. It’s been a while since we’ve felt like this, hasn’t it?
Twenty goals in the last six games. Pretty ridiculous record. How often do you see that?!

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Mac - are you not entertained??
pershoreharrier wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:07 pm
On 45 minutes I would have taken a draw - on 55 minutes I knew we would win this. In more recent seasons we had no ability to change what we did when facing difficulties. I recall the famous statement made by a previous manager that if Plan A failed we needed to do Plan A better. We now have a more mature approach - if Plan A is failing we make corrections to resolve the problems and that was absolutely apparent last evening. First half - CHALK - second half - CHEESE.
Excellent analysis.

Daveangel, all the best. First half performance if you repeat that for both halves you will climb the table. The lad who scored looks a good player as did the bloke in the middle. Legs just seems to go a bit for you as we stepped it up.
Brilliant away day, ground, parking and a half decent boozer all within 5 minutes of each other.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Gloucester were very impressive first half, slightly worried it may be the "3g" effect. Clearly wasn`t & we dominated 2nd.

Great run continues & getting nearer to the top placed teams.