Post by Phil » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Missed all of those celebrations after the final whistle. Sadly :(

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 05-12-21 Halifax (H)

Post by harry211 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:25 pm

That celebrations video is great.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Brilliant vids. Ref got it spot on with AMS penalty decision. To be fair ref had a good game. Let it flow well.

Bogbrush1903

Post by Bogbrush1903 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:52 pm

I came down from Aberdeen for the match and enjoyed the day and match.

However, at what point did the game change to Sunday and why did this happen because the match wasn't on telly? I had already booked my transport and accomodation, only realising on the Thursday that the match had switched to the Sunday and was fortunate that I was able to move days on everything at minimal cost.

I'm hoping to get a ticket for the Reading match but was wondering if the game is likely to be played on Sunday again?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Bogbrush1903 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:52 pm
I came down from Aberdeen for the match and enjoyed the day and match.

However, at what point did the game change to Sunday and why did this happen because the match wasn't on telly? I had already booked my transport and accomodation, only realising on the Thursday that the match had switched to the Sunday and was fortunate that I was able to move days on everything at minimal cost.

I'm hoping to get a ticket for the Reading match but was wondering if the game is likely to be played on Sunday again?
This was on the official website on November 15th. It was probably changed before that date too.

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2021/11/15/fa-cup-harriers-v-fc-halifax-town-tickets-on-sale/

Bogbrush1903

Post by Bogbrush1903 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Phil wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:59 pm
This was on the official website on November 15th. It was probably changed before that date too.

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2021/11/15/fa-cup-harriers-v-fc-halifax-town-tickets-on-sale/
Actuallly, I've noticed now that it even said Sunday kick off on the ticket so it's my own fault, completely missed it.

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Certainly a match that will stay in the collective memory for many a day, right up there with the away win at Peterborough. No praise can be too high for both the team and the fans. The players showed what teamwork is all about. Their footwork was fantastic, their energy simply electric, their commitment way above the norm, playing for each other as if their lives were dependent upon it. It was a 10 out of 10 from me. “Harriers are massive” brooks no contradiction. I find it hard to recall a more raucous, thunderous performance from the North Stand, pre- and post-match.

It was refreshing to note the less-than-usual use of the “F” word, which in my book demeans those who use it, not the visiting fans. I would much rather see such energies used to generate the sort of performance shown in this particular instance. The “Silver Lining” rendition gave the event an almost dream-like quality, for this is what dreams are made of.

The pitch invasion borne out of pure euphoria was regrettable but understandable. I have, over the years, garnered a certain amount of respect for Halifax fans, but it appears that they now have clones our own past supporters dubbed the “railway children” who wore Burberry tack and were banned from travelling on official coaches, hence the tag. Many moons ago, there was a seasonal award for the most sporting fans, and guess what? We won one.

As to the match, Halifax were caught cold and simply never really warmed to the task. Such was the their gravitas that they even resorted to tripping over secret invisible wires unseen by an excellent ref; there were pratfalls in abundance which even the late Norman Wisdom would have been proud of.

What have we gained from this unexpected victory apart from contesting another round? For me, what we have gained is quite simple: “PRIDE”. All of you can hold your heads high, for your unstinting support was beyond measure. This was a time when the legend of the “12th man” emerged. Your pride and passion gave your team that extra yard, that self-belief, and long may it continue. Don’t lose it now. It was hard won and will be harder to keep. It’s said that it’s easy to support a winning team (true in my book); what we have to do is muster this gem of support for when times are tough, for that is when we must show resilience to our players. Come what may, we stand four square behind them no matter what.

Just a quickie. (Who cheered?) I just happened to espy the one and only Robert Plant making his way towards the Aggborough Suite. I think it’s about the third time I’ve proffered a hand of welcome and, do you know what? I’ve now scored a hat trick of rebuttals. He’s a Wolves supporter, I just thought he’d like to meet another “Waggy”. Incidentally, I like the guy. Maybe he was just checking out the pitch for the Wolves (as turf accountant?) or maybe he just wants to join our Board, or perhaps it’s just because I like to name drop. Did I ever tell you I once met Bobby Charlton...?
The older I get, the better I was.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Nice work.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Waggy wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:57 pm
Certainly a match that will stay in the collective memory for many a day, right up there with the away win at Peterborough. No praise can be too high for both the team and the fans. The players showed what teamwork is all about. Their footwork was fantastic, their energy simply electric, their commitment way above the norm, playing for each other as if their lives were dependent upon it. It was a 10 out of 10 from me. “Harriers are massive” brooks no contradiction. I find it hard to recall a more raucous, thunderous performance from the North Stand, pre- and post-match.

It was refreshing to note the less-than-usual use of the “F” word, which in my book demeans those who use it, not the visiting fans. I would much rather see such energies used to generate the sort of performance shown in this particular instance. The “Silver Lining” rendition gave the event an almost dream-like quality, for this is what dreams are made of.

The pitch invasion borne out of pure euphoria was regrettable but understandable. I have, over the years, garnered a certain amount of respect for Halifax fans, but it appears that they now have clones our own past supporters dubbed the “railway children” who wore Burberry tack and were banned from travelling on official coaches, hence the tag. Many moons ago, there was a seasonal award for the most sporting fans, and guess what? We won one.

As to the match, Halifax were caught cold and simply never really warmed to the task. Such was the their gravitas that they even resorted to tripping over secret invisible wires unseen by an excellent ref; there were pratfalls in abundance which even the late Norman Wisdom would have been proud of.

What have we gained from this unexpected victory apart from contesting another round? For me, what we have gained is quite simple: “PRIDE”. All of you can hold your heads high, for your unstinting support was beyond measure. This was a time when the legend of the “12th man” emerged. Your pride and passion gave your team that extra yard, that self-belief, and long may it continue. Don’t lose it now. It was hard won and will be harder to keep. It’s said that it’s easy to support a winning team (true in my book); what we have to do is muster this gem of support for when times are tough, for that is when we must show resilience to our players. Come what may, we stand four square behind them no matter what.

Just a quickie. (Who cheered?) I just happened to espy the one and only Robert Plant making his way towards the Aggborough Suite. I think it’s about the third time I’ve proffered a hand of welcome and, do you know what? I’ve now scored a hat trick of rebuttals. He’s a Wolves supporter, I just thought he’d like to meet another “Waggy”. Incidentally, I like the guy. Maybe he was just checking out the pitch for the Wolves (as turf accountant?) or maybe he just wants to join our Board, or perhaps it’s just because I like to name drop. Did I ever tell you I once met Bobby Charlton...?
The usual rich tapestry of words from Waggy and well suited to a wonderful occasion. Cheers Waggy!

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 05-12-21 Halifax (H) Cameron

Post by garthrockett » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:49 pm

Planty is not the sort to "invest" in football clubs, despite rumours years ago he was heading a group to oust the Bhatti brothers at Wolves.
He's more a "first out the taxi, last into the pub" type, bless him.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:34 am

Waggy wrote:

It's been a long time. If you see him again, give him all my love. I hope he enjoyed the celebration day after years on the gallows pole.

Maybe he just can't quit us baby.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:25 am

Waggy wrote:
or perhaps it’s just because I like to name drop. Did I ever tell you I once met Bobby Charlton...?
Prince Charles told me one should never name drop Waggy